• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has anyone else avoided a weapon like a plague?

D

Deleted Member

This may sound really repetitive but I've been avoiding the octo brush and tri-slosher and haven't used em' since release and... being pelted by them mostly every match. When ever something is being used to the point of annoyance it's, unfortunately, my mentality that I must prove to myself that I can beat any octo brush or tri slosher user with out using them myself (since I usually beat fire with fire most of the time).

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
This may sound really repetitive but I've been avoiding the octo brush and tri-slosher and haven't used em' since release and... being pelted by them mostly every match. When ever something is being used to the point of annoyance it's, unfortunately, my mentality that I must prove to myself that I can beat any octo brush or tri slosher user with out using them myself (since I usually beat fire with fire most of the time).
I don't use brushes of any kind. I used them in Hero Mode just so that I could get the Replica because building my Hero Set is a personal goal. But I find that they're spammy, annoying, and don't require much skill other than button mashing.
I also refuse to use any Aerospray at all. It is so annoying when I ink an entire chunk of the map and this little hipster strolls on by and claims the entire thing in about 4 seconds with a curling bomb launcher. Grrrrr....

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I refuse to use any weapon with Ink Armor until it gets a substantial nerf/alteration to make it more fair. This means I won't touch the N Zap, the Tri slosher, or Jr. One time where I was just fed up with the Tri slosher, I decided to take it into turf war to see if it really was broken, I proceeded to perform inkredibly well. I would rather win using balanced weapons and my skill instead of just relying on what is objectively an OP weapon.

I also refuse to use Aero Sprays, because at this point, turf is still full of them, and bringing one to ranked where I am (A-S range) would be like coming unarmed because I would get destroyed.

I also avoid using the Dynamo roller, which was my arch nemesis in Splatoon 1. It's pretty harmless in this game for the most part, but now I'm avoiding it out of principle, and old salt. :p

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I refuse to use any weapon with Ink Armor until it gets a substantial nerf/alteration to make it more fair. This means I won't touch the N Zap, the Tri slosher, or Jr. One time where I was just fed up with the Tri slosher, I decided to take it into turf war to see if it really was broken, I proceeded to perform inkredibly well. I would rather win using balanced weapons and my skill instead of just relying on what is objectively an OP weapon.

I also refuse to use Aero Sprays, because at this point, turf is still full of them, and bringing one to ranked where I am (A-S range) would be like coming unarmed because I would get destroyed.

I also avoid using the Dynamo roller, which was my arch nemesis in Splatoon 1. It's pretty harmless in this game for the most part, but now I'm avoiding it out of principle, and old salt. :p
Yeah, it says that Ink Armor only defends against one hit... But the animation for it breaking is long enough to give you defense against 5 or more.

Reactions: the

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Yeah, it says that Ink Armor only defends against one hit... But the animation for it breaking is long enough to give you defense against 5 or more.
Definitely an issue with the ping in this game. As it stands, enemies with armor basically have double the health of a normal inkling. And when you have 4 enemies with such a ridiculous buff...team wipes will happen before you can say woomy.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
DualHero, I feel exactly the same way about Tri-Sloshers and Octobrushes. It seems they are the main causes for most of my grievances. They are both incredibly fast weapons, and though I like to think I have good reflexes, I can barely wince before I'm splatted and gone. x_x;;

the

Inkling Commander
I haven't used any dualies, I'm not a fan of the dodge roll mechanic, since I often try to jump while shooting and instead roll into a wall or something. I'm not totally opposed to them though, so I might give them a try sometime if I wanna switch things up... And when I stop seeing multiple dualies in every turf match.....

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Brushes. I don't feel like spamming a button to death just to get a kill.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Definitely an issue with the ping in this game. As it stands, enemies with armor basically have double the health of a normal inkling. And when you have 4 enemies with such a ridiculous buff...team wipes will happen before you can say woomy.
Actually, that's exactly how it works. It gives you 100 extra HP that immediately starts draining as it wears off.

As for me, I don't play chargers, but saying that's nothing special.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I avoid all rollers, brushes and chargers. Rollers because I hate their play style, brushes because I hate their play style, and chargers because I suck at sniping. Splattlings are fine though. Everything else is fair game.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I just use what's fun and effective, and avoid what's not. I don't care about overuse, I'm not going to avoid doing something fun just because others are too.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
The only times you will ever see me using a splatling or charger is in Salmon Run. I just don't like dealing with the charge on either of them. Not to mention that escaping enemy ink when you're using either is just a pain

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Ohh, I see. I thought you meant what weapons I avoided facing, as they tend to make a splatwich out of me.

In terms of usage, I'm still careful about what weapons I pick for online battles, as I don't feel confident with most of them. Other than that, I like testing out all weapons in Salmon Run, makes for a fun and interesting challenge. :) But in turf wars/ranked I virtually always go with my trusted Aerospray MG, N-Zap 85 or Splattershot.

Edit: I have to admit that I felt (...feel) pretty bad about using the Aerospray MG after having heard so many negative comments about it in forums (it being ridiculously over-powered and whatnot). I know it's silly of me, but I have started to use it less often for that reason.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Actually, that's exactly how it works. It gives you 100 extra HP that immediately starts draining as it wears off.
It feels that way, but I think it's less than 100. I've heard it's 30, but it also doesn't dissipate instantly. I know for sure that one indirect hit from a burst bomb will break it. My usual technique with the Splattershot is break the armor with one burst bomb, wait for the animation to end, then close and splat with the usual three shots.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Edit: I have to admit that I felt (...feel) pretty bad about using the Aerospray MG after having heard so many negative comments about it in forums (it being ridiculously over-powered and whatnot). I know it's silly of me, but I have started to use it less often for that reason.
It's certainly overused in the game, but it's not overpowered. It just covers turf arguably the best in the game, but that's really all it can do. People saying its OP clearly don't realize its easy to just out range one. Just some advice, I would avoid bringing it to ranked as you climb up the ranks, as people will be using weapons that will easily beat the Aerospray.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
It's certainly overused in the game, but it's not overpowered. It just covers turf arguably the best in the game, but that's really all it can do. People saying its OP clearly don't realize its easy to just out range one. Just some advice, I would avoid bringing it to ranked as you climb up the ranks, as people will be using weapons that will easily beat the Aerospray.
Ah, I don't use it in ranked matches anymore. It worked just swell in the lower ranks, but now that I'm in the A rank, it isn't quite as strong as it need to be in these new situations. I'm maining the N-Zap 85 for all ranked modes and it seems to work quite nicely so far. :)

In turf wars the Aerospray is beast, though! I love to use it there. :D

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I generally avoid chargers because I'm completely useless with them. My aim is good but not great, so I generally do okay with high-power weapons that take a few shots to splat someone, but when I only have one shot every few seconds I'm not going to be hitting anything. Maybe I'll change my tune as I practice more and my aim improves, but who can say.

Dog King

Full Squid
No Aerospray, I'm tired of the thing in turf war and Rainmaker! More than one of them is almost an automatic win in turf war! Obviously, it's awful in all other conditions and it's so over saturated in tbis game I refuse to use it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The G O O T U B E R

It doesn't just have a learning curve as much as it has a learning brick meaning you'll spend ages practicing a weapon that will probably not be really worth it in the end. It'll probably get buffed in the future. Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom