have you ever met a splatoon fan irl?

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Bit surprised I never posted in this thread when it was more recent, but hey, it's back again and I might as well! The answer is yeah, actually quite a handful!

The easy answer is one of my closest friends throughout highschool, I knew vaguely she was into Splatoon, and when I finally got into it, during a period in which we'd lost touch for a while, I saw her online frequently, and now that we've reconnected we talk about the game fairly frequently. It's actually a large part of WHY we reconnected! I wouldn't have joined Discords with her had she not needed a fourth for Eggstra Work, and I wouldn't have found her on Tumblr had she not posted fanart in the tags.

I've met more though! In the two cons I've attended post-getting into Splatoon I've met a lot! One con, while I was only able to attend one single day, and the worst day no less, I managed to run into a whole gaggle of Splatoon fans, who I hung out with for the rest of the day (and am still in touch with two of them!). The entire reason I managed to hype myself up to even approach them in the first place was thanks to them wearing Splatoon merch, and I, being decked out head to toe in every piece of Splatoon related attire I could manage (Including a giant plushie I'd bought at the con itself), was able to strike up conversation and basically just... never... stop. Unbelievably fun experience! The second con was less in terms of "I made actual friends I still talk to months later", but I got recognized by MULTIPLE people in the vendor hall who were running booths, entirely because I'd stop and stand to look at any and all Splatoon merch while wearing MULTIPLE pins and charms for it, one person I went back to every single day to buy something from, and they recognized me when I came back and even had a different Splatoon shirt each day. Another VERY fun time!

Unfortunately uh... none... where I live. Both cons I attended were both far out of town for me, and all of the people I met weren't from around there anyways. Still, great time! The secret to making friends is to be very visibly a fan of something lol. Wouldn't have made Splatoon friends had I not been wearing as much Splatoon merch as I could physically carry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom