Heavy Splattling Remix: Analysis and Thoughts

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro

Kelp Heavy Splatling was finally revealed as part of Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2.
Sub - :sprinkler:Sprinkler
Special - :killerwail: Killer Wail
Special Depletion - Light
Min. level - 20
Price - 17.900
Brand - Sheldon's Picks
Release date - 06.08.2016

Can't wait to use it on Port Mackerel.

Last edited:

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Posting what I've said another place:

Okay, well I know a lot of other pros disagree with me, already disagree with flc about this kit, but I think that it is actually quite good, more of a niche weapon than the Heavy Deco, but still quite good. It will probably see slightly higher usage than the vanilla Heavy, but still cannot solo sustain it self as well as the Deco.

I already like the Kelp a lot, and the Kelp is one of my favorite chargers, so this is right up my alley, but can be much more aggressive. I always wanted this kit for another weapon, and I think it works well here. It does not have the same kind of sustain as the invincible special splatlings, but is a similar position to the custom Duel Squelcher. You use your mobility and range to put enemies in bad positions, which is helped by the Wail.

You can dedicate pretty much everything to mobility, probably just run speed, since you do not the special saver/swim speed of a Deco, or the sub saver/ink recovery of the vanilla Heavy. This allows the weapon to be fairly aggressive, and since the wail has such a small charge value, you can afford to be aggressive. Sprinklers can be used in so many ways, as an annoyance, an escape tool, or just to control turf.

These are basic reasons, but I personally really like this kit, I think it is useful on many comps, especially with the inflation of kraken/bubble weapons. It is not great on all maps, but most maps have a good choke point where you can use the wail to maximum effect. I will keep everyone updated on how I feel, but I plan on adding this weapon to my frequently used arsenal, and wreck some noobs in S+ with it!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
This weapon is too pretty looking not to use! Definitely wont overtake the Heavy Deco as my main Splatling, but should still be fun to mess around with. Killer Wails for days!

Not sure yet what abilitys I'ma run with it, I mean besides run speed of course. :L

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro
Not sure yet what abilitys I'ma run with it, I mean besides run speed of course. :L
1 ink saver main main or three subs of course.

I can already recommend to use Remix for TC on Port Mackerel, Camp Triggerfish, (probably) Mahi-Mahi Resort, Bluefin Depot and Hammerhead Bridge, and for RM on Port Mackerel, Camp Triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Mahi-Mahi Resort, Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall and (probably) Walleye Warehouse

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
1 ink saver main main or three subs of course.

I can already recommend to use Remix for TC on Port Mackerel, Camp Triggerfish, (probably) Mahi-Mahi Resort, Bluefin Depot and Hammerhead Bridge, and for RM on Port Mackerel, Camp Triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Mahi-Mahi Resort, Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall and (probably) Walleye Warehouse
I've not had too much problems with ink efficiency on the Custom Hydra which also has Sprinkler, so I'd think it should be the same or better here. While the Sprinkler does take almost a full tank, I don't really factor it into ink efficiency since I'd only use it during downtime, not in the middle of a firefight.

I agree with those maps though, anywhere Killer Wail is really useful this weapon should be too!

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro
I've not had too much problems with ink efficiency on the Custom Hydra which also has Sprinkler, so I'd think it should be the same or better here. While the Sprinkler does take almost a full tank, I don't really factor it into ink efficiency since I'd only use it during downtime, not in the middle of a firefight.
Ink saver main is great for every HC, believe me =)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It means I accidentally used Russian equivalent of S. Just kidding, misprint. For every HS.
Daw shoulda figured! Well while that may be so, I just don't feel a need for it so I'ma use something different! :p

SaltySnowflake

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BLASTTOAD
Although I would've preferred a seeker/bubbler combo, this set lets me focus on run speed and damage up and ink saver main, so it's not that bad:p another thing I found is that if you spam damage up on sprinklers and place them at a super jump rings or on the trucks in port mackerel, then they kill quite reliably when someone gets on the truck or lands in the ring. This won't help the remix though because you don't spam run speed on heavy's.:) ROAR

Diogo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supercanito
i am not sure yet if i will change my hs deco, i will need more time. till now, cons:
i miss the point sensors, i miss the panic kraken when needed, killer wail needs time to learn where to activate to best results otherwise is just to push foes to the sides. sprinkler i only use on dead time, never on front side, where i like to be, it spend a lot of ink.
pros: killer wail is so fun and very good when well placed, and fast to charge. it is very nice to see 2 at same time and the reaction from opposite foe with another one. killer wails everywhere for now...
the sprinklers may be useful but for now i even forgot them, only in safe position to recharge fast and just in certain places. they are annoying to foes.
i keep the same gear, i dont need to change it for this weapon.
so far so good but i need more fight with it. may be to change a little as i always use the hs deco, nothing else.

Last edited:

Vesperupus

Inkling
NNID
Vesperupus
upload_2016-6-9_0-50-3.png

Honestly though, I'm in love. The colors are fantastic and thanks to the sprinkler you can shoot killer wail after killer wail.
I feel like it's more of a supportive weapon though, or at least supposed to be. I'd have loved burst bombs for some self defense however, if someone gets too close you near certainly get splatted.
I'll keep practicing and I expect this thing to climb into my mains.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Cant wait to try this when i get the chance! the kelp charger is my favorite charger so using this would be.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I feel that this weapon is a kelp charger on legs

gotta get those wails somehow x:
remixing people's faces are fun

though beakon should've been a better choice for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom