Heavy Splattling Remix: Analysis and Thoughts

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
I absolutely love this weapon. I feel it is similar to the Tempered Dynamo in that the kit complements the main weapon extremely well. My set (in signature) allows me to get 5+wails a game. The sprinkler is great for a support weapon because it further increases your turf coverage ability. I had played the heavy Splatling Deco before this but the Remix feels so much better. If you don't like this weapon, you're crazy. :D

~IMA REMIX YOUR FACE

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
This thing in now my main in TC and Two-Zoned Splat Zones (Still have to try it on One-Zoned Splat Zones)

For TC, grab some Special Save (Around two mains) and play the game.
You'll get wails.
With your range, you can take out almost everything, so play defenisvely.
Don't play offensively, because you will get ambushed.

Defend your own zone against Splooshs, Tentateks and Aerosprays with your superior range, turf mid with Sprinklers and throw Killer Wails to the opponent zone.
When all opponents are dead, be naughty and throw a sprinkler to the opponents zone. (Preferably to a high spot like a pole or wall)
Avoid the Chargers like the plague, only hit them when they're not looking.

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
Sprinklers + Special charge up = Wails for days
Coming from the lands of the Custom Hydra, I really enjoy this weapon. As mentioned, the sprinklers, along with one special charge main, really does wonders with getting wails. It has a slight emphasis on defense, but because it has the stats of a heavy (with several run speed ups), you aren't compeletely restrained by large charge times. As such, you can afford to play offensively to rack up some more kills.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
I would've loved Beakons on this thing, but this is still really cool! I got so many wail kills today!

Diogo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supercanito
i am having fun with it. and getting used because i still miss point sensors and the kraken is faster to activate than the wail. also for now i feel this weapon push more to defensive behaviour and i am more ofensive with hs deco. anyway, could be just me adapting myself to it. it is so fun to use a wail to the other side of the map. and the spriklers help, i am using them more and more. i need more time to adapt but i am enjoying it. from an average of 3 krakens to 5 wails a game its good.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
More of a vanilla Heavy Splatling user than deco, and a kelp lover. Still would prefer it had beacons, but I still enjoy using this baby.

It feels more aggressive and solo capable than the other two. Instead of often supporting my teammates, I can encourage my teammates to support me, heh heh. And when I toss on three special charge up mains, for some reason the other team keeps targeting me...

Chronya

Full Squid
NNID
Chronometro
Deco is still the best option for most of modes+maps (especially for solo), but remix replace it for rain+port and tc+camp. tc+kelp is better with deco.

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
Deco is still the best option for most of modes+maps (especially for solo), but remix replace it for rain+port and tc+camp. tc+kelp is better with deco.
I've seen some solid defense with remix on RM+Blufin. Wails block off one of the sides of the map, and you can rain ink on said sections atop the perches leading to them.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
So far, I'm loving it on S level Splatzones, both two and one zone.

Fyi: My two most used guns are the Kelp splatterscope and Custom Hydra. I came into this weapon with a good understanding and application of sprinklers and wails.

All the gear advise thus far has been correct- run speed, ink recovery being most important. I love Tenacity in ranked personally, between Tenacity, sprinklers, and the mains gun's alright ink coverage, you'll set off so many wails!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My only gripe is that it's not a Heavy Metal Splatling :(

Jokes aside, I find this setup a lot better for my playstyle than the original Splatling. The main problem with the original is that the Splash Wall consumes way too much ink for me to use it on combat, as the Heavy Splatling also happens to consume a lot of ink. It's a good synergy on paper, a long range weapon with a shield for up-close, but in practice it just becomes a conflict of which of the two should I use.

However, the Sprinkler is the complete opposite. Even though it still has problems with ink consumption, it makes up for it in utility and the lack of bad times to use it (whereas the Splash Wall can only be used in combat, be it during or before). That way I can use my Heavy Splatling for both combat and turfing, use the sprinkler for turfing large or dangerous areas, and the Killer Wail for combat and area-denial, a whole weapon set that works in harmony. Now, the Killer Wail is not my favorite Special Weapon, as I'd prefer an Inkstrike for long-range support/harassment/backdooring, but it does the job well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom