Help For Gear Abilities To Run On Blasters and Chargers

Which Charger is your favorite?

• Total voters
NNID
namine753
I pride myself on using many weapons in the game, but the weapons I have the hardest time using are the blasters and chargers. The only chargers I use are Squiffers and the Hero Charger, and the only blaster I use is the Custom Range Blaster. I wanted to ask the people who commonly use chargers and blasters, which ones do you use and what gear abilities do you use? For the weapons I listed above, I just use my go to set of Tentatek Headband, Sky Blue Squid Eye, and Strapping Whites. I'd like to become more efficient with blasters and chargers, so advice from people who main them or commonly use them on what gear they use would be very helpful, thank you!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
well, i don't main, but i always use ink recovery and strength up with my charger. ink saver sub can be replaced with your ability of choice, depending on the situation. some even run bomb range up to keep players at a distance.

NNID
namine753
Does anyone think that the normal Blaster and Custom Blaster is a viable weapon, or are they completely out shined by the Range/Rapid/Luna blasters?

NNID
namine753
Which kind of blasters do you guys prefer? Normal, Range, Rapid, or Luna? And Happybear, thanks, I'll keep those two weapons in mind then.

Samuel_1802

Inkling
NNID
Samuel1802
I main the Splatterscopes and I must say, :ability_inksavermain: and :ability_inkrecovery: are crucial. Ink Saver (main) gives you some extra shots, while Ink Recovery Up make you spend less time refilling your tank and more time sniping. For other abilities, :ability_damage:, :ability_runspeed: and :ability_swimspeed: are noteworthy, the first because it allows you to splat people without fully charging your shot or splat them faster with rapid fire at close range. The later two are mainly for better mobility to let you escape unharmed or dodge shots while aiming, and get to your sniping spot faster.
You could use :ability_coldblooded:, so Echolocators, Haunt and Point Sensors don't leave you exposed for so long making you very predictable.
To round off, you can use pretty much whatever fits you best, :ability_defenseup:, :ability_inksaversub:, :ability_quickrespawn: and :ability_specialcharge: in particular.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Which kind of blasters do you guys prefer? Normal, Range, Rapid, or Luna? And Happybear, thanks, I'll keep those two weapons in mind then.
The vanilla Rapid blaster and the Custom Range blaster are my two mains. The former i used as a joke because the majority of people disliked the weapon, but has proven to be the best weapon for me yet. The latter because i simply love how well this weapon suits me.

Judging by the thread title (pertaining to blasters), any blaster user would tell you :ability_damage: are important to guarantee splash damage K.O's (2 hits for all Blasters except for the all the Rapid blaster variants which are 3 hits). After that, use abilities which suit you or maybe what would help you use the weapon more like :ability_inkrecovery: for faster ink recovery in critical situations or :ability_runspeed: for general movement or whatever you like.

For me i just had luck come my way and give me a set which i find aesthetically pleasing and happens to suit my playstyle.

If you want to know the abilities i use, check the spoiler below
My abilities currently are

:ability_inksaversub:| :ability_bombrange::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:ability_damage:|:ability_specialduration::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_specialduration:

:ability_swimspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_defenseup:

Basic low down of my abilities~
:ability_inksaversub:: It's on my favourite headphones( :head_hdp001: ), and it helps when you need the extra shots.
:ability_damage:: Again, any Blaster user will tell you this is always neccessary for guaranteed splash damage 2 hit K.O's and 3 hit K.O's on Rapid blaster. I wear the Squid girl tunic, so it sorta just came as a bonus for me xD.
:ability_swimspeed:: This one came with Squid girl shoes (Which i bought also for aesthetics). It's never let me down since i bought them. I can get to where i want and -within reason- when i want to. Plus if my teammates don't look like they're in a good situation, i don't have to super jump when i can quickly swim to the action.
:ability_quicksuperjump:: Re rolled, ended up with that and thought why not? For me it's good to have this as a precaution when things get sticky, or there's an ally who isn't in danger so i can super jump and resume action quickly.
:ability_specialduration:: Also thanks to re roll and again, why not? As i main the Rapid blaster and Custom range blaster, (Both of which have invincibility specials) extended invincibility is a big help, especially when the situation is unbeatable and i have to escape (Totally intended it because of the good synergy with :ability_quicksuperjump: xD).
:ability_bombrange::ability_defenseup:: Lol spyke. But there are some cases where they help. I just haven't noticed it as much xD

I think that's all i have to say. Unless you want anything else I could give you my perspective on.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Well, a specific strategy would be hard to explain since usually i find myself needing to change up what i need to do half the time. So it'd be a wall of text should i try and be specific with any modes or anything. So i'll just mention the basics of my strategy.

My basic strategy with the main weapon itself is poke, prevent and survive. Poke your enemies so that they'll have a hard time getting to the objective. Prevent your enemies from completing the objective. Survive, take any precautions necessary to ensure you can always get out of a bad situation (Inking an escape route before battle, using ink mines to prevent enemy advance. The latter isn't as reliable but an option nonetheless.)

Learning the Rapid's range is crucial to success. This weapon cannot hold itself in CQC very well, so i make sure that i'm always at maximum firing distance. Then harass/poke from afar by abusing it's range, by doing this it will most likely prevent the enemy from getting to the objective. Surviving is generally being on the field as much as possible with as little deaths as possible. But that isn't to say you shouldn't be afraid of a battle, know when your oppoenents are seeking to attack so you can handle the situation appropriately (like retaliating or escaping). That''s the general idea. Specific details is mostly about how you use the weapon.

That said, the way i use the weapon is in a defensive manner, so i usually stick to the back lines or behind my teamates so i can poke those who are attacking my allies. Or i focus on defending the objective if i feel my teammates can handle the threat on the other side of me. In this way, i'm sort of the last line of defense, and can switch to the first line of defense if need be. (Like clearing out the tower on tower control.)

Regarding ink mines, i use them as a personal body guard. I like to keep close to it so i can make people think twice about approaching me. That means i always have one down near me or so they might think. Sometimes i randomise the locations of my mines after a while to keep enemies guessing.

I use the bubbler in a defensive style. I only use it when i'm in a bad situation (e.g, being flanked, about to be splatted. Something like that.) I generally only use it as a support when the team is actively pushing to get in the lead (riding the tower for example). Or when my team mates look like they're having trouble with their opponents.

So now that you've read the basics of my strategy. I suggest playing tower control first when you play ranked with the rapid blaster. It should give you an understanding of how the Rapid blaster works somewhat, just start off by focusing on preventing people from riding the tower then you'll learn how to defend yourself from other enemies as time passes then after that, Tower strategies will kick in.

Because of that, learning it takes a while. If you're willing to commit to it, be prepared to go up and down the ranks. For me, i loved every moment using the Rapid Blaster, so learning it was fun for me. That might of made committing to it easier, but yeah. Be prepared. This isn't a weapon you can pick up in a day like the Tentatek.

Hope it helped somewhat. I'm no good when it comes to long explanations.

NNID
namine753
Thank you so much for dumping all this stuff in this thread, I was worried no one would post here. I appreciate it. I am currently doing well with the Luna Blaster Neo, but I am going to pick up the Rapid Blaster Deco and give it a shot as well.

polysaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
laffysapphy
Hi! I'm a blaster and charger main myself, so I'd like to give my input.

For pretty much all blasters, I find that probably the most important ability is :ability_swimspeed:, simply because you want to get to your effective range as fast as possible, especially when targeting a moving opponent. Since it's so close range, I love running :ability_quickrespawn: on luna blasters, as you'll almost always die or trade if you miss once at point blank. Similarly, if you like to rely on specials, :ability_specialsaver: is also very effective. For the other blasters, I'd use similar abilities, with a little bit of ink saving abilities on the range variants, due to their high ink consumption and subs. For the custom blaster and the rapid blaster, :ability_specialcharge: could also be useful, since bubbler can literally save your life. For all rapid blasters, :ability_damage: is essential, since it makes it easier to secure splats in two indirect hits, or even one direct hit if the enemy has taken damage.

For chargers (mainly e-liters and splat chargers) I find that :ability_damage: and :ability_inkrecovery: are very useful. :ability_damage: lets you pick of enemies at a lower charge, and :ability_inkrecovery: lets you get back into the action as fast as possible. If you like using specials, :ability_specialcharge: and :ability_tenacity: are both very helpful, since you shouldn't be dying very often. Like rapid blasters, :ability_damage: is pretty great for the bamboozler for the same reasons. :ability_inkrecovery:, :ability_inksavermain: or :ability_inksaversub: could also be useful for splash walls. I don't use squiffers that often, but I'm pretty sure :ability_damage: does close to, if not completely, nothing, since a non-fully charged shot can only do up to 80 damage without abilities (iirc). :ability_swimspeed: is also probably useful for squiffers and bamboozlers.

Finally, you should pretty much always be running :ability_coldblooded:, since you don't want the enemy to know where you are, and know that :ability_swimspeed: affects kraken speed as well. But just know that ultimately you should be building your ability set to your specific playstyle. Try to see what works best for you!

I hope this helped!

NNID
namine753
I run the Hero Armor Helmet Replica, Part Time Pirate, and Strapping Whites, and all my damage up headgear and shoes have terrible rolls, so I'm sticking with unlocking my part time pirate. Sadly, this means I can't run cold blooded, but it hasnt been too much trouble with the kelp charger yet. Thank you for your input!

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I have what to say on the Rapid Blaster Deco, my favorite of all Shooters.

First of all, this weapon must be a perfect balance of offensive and defensive, otherwise, part of the weapon's advantages are not being utilized. The main weapon must be played defensive when someone tries to rush you down, when unnoticed, go offensive with it. To aim with increased perfection is also essential, which I know hecause I actually use this weapon without Damage Up and still can get plenty of kills, so it's not super essential (but still very good to have). Suction Bombs are great, whether for taking soneone down with you, inkling walls, getting more ranged kills (Bonb Range Up is great here) or just plain grenadey tactics. Placing one on the spire of the Tower in TC is great defense as well. Suction Bomb Rush is my favorite special in the game, because it can both ink and kill excellently, and especially with Bomb Range Up, cover a good section of the map. The downside to this is that the bombs come out very slowly and take a little while to explode, so Special Duraion Up is very good here. Ink Saver Main would also be something good to run, since the blasts do use a respectable amount of ink. Run Speed Up is grest for rushing into the thick if you're an agressive RBD user like me, but I balance it out with Stealth Jump, with only one Quick Super Jump sub to counter the speed nerf. In fact, here's my loadout for the weapon here, for your reference:
image.jpeg

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
For most chargers, I've utilized special-type builds to help reinforce close range combat and support (Splatterscope/E-Liter/Custom E-Liter) for the most part. On Splatterscopes and E-Liters, I often run Tenacity and a mix of Special Charge/Savers depending on the map. One or two main Damage Ups are also included just to save me in case I let out premature shots. Damage Ups don't apply much to the Squiffer though but either way, both Squiffers can utilize special builds. I haven't found much of a need to use ink saver/recovery type abilities since I often spend a second readjusting my position in between every two shots.

As for Blasters, I've really only used the Luna Blaster. Since this is more of an aggressive type weapon, Quick Respawns are invaluable, especially if you're constantly trading splats with opponents. The weapon is already ink efficient and is largely a 2-hit, so there's more flexibility on what you can build around it. Swim Speeds work nicely as well and Special Savers will save you a nice special when you're in a pinch. I personally run the Luna Blaster Neo with Quick Respawns and Damage Ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom