Help with Moray!

FlamingZelda

Inkling
NNID
FlamingZelda
Hi. With almost every map in splatoon I've developed sound strategies. I've been playing the game for about a month and I am an S rank player (Until very recently). I simply cannot win a match on moray towers. The map is centralized around a bottleneck and does not allow free movment. Last night I went from ~S 40 to ~A+ 50 playing TC on moray towers. And believe me losing 10+ matches on a single stage is not much fun. So I'm here asking you guys how to play this map effectively. I main the 96.GalDeco and Dual squelcher, and I've messed around with the E-liter.

I've figured out that at the very beginning it's better for me to shoot from above with my range than to jump into the center square. I will frequently enough flank the main charger spot and get a kill or two only to be splatted by someone coming from the enemy spawn. Naturally charger's are boss on this level so you have to do your team a favor and flank them. I've learned that in TC if you go diagonally down from your spawn you end up on the tower goal square and it's a really great position to defend from. I know that in rainmaker if you go up their ramp and then climb up the wall on the left you end up close to the goal. I have difficulty with mobility on this stage.

So please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to play this stage better. :D
Thanks

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I asked a moray eel for help

He is a master of the map, and told me what to tell you:
1. If you can get into their base, try to control the area to this side at about middle height, you can shoot down at people, and you have a crate to hide and fight with.
2. Try to flank and kill the chargers as much as possible, since there will almost always be charger. Use disruptors if possible and try to keep away from burst bomb chargers.
3. For a much simpler flank, just go on the small walkways to the right of the charger spot, or in front of the path connecting to the center
4. Since this map is pretty easy to defend on, you can try to charge up bubbler/kraken, flank, kill 2-3 people, then head to the tower, defend as well as you can, then use the bubbler/kraken once the enemy puts pressure on the tower to get a little further. Then, if you feel confident, just defend the rest of the match. This is a better thing to do near the end of a game, since defending from a high point for 4 minutes is boring, and if they do make it past, you wasted lots of time.
5. If you have ink strike, use it on the place where all the chargers are to scatter them, and then climb up a wall to surprise and kill them when they come back. It will also kill anybody who had just decided to jump down from the top (Killer Wail can do this too, if you aim good)

I hope this helped you at least a bit, the Moray Eel don't actually know much, and doesn't really make map strategy's, so he just came up with these tips on the spot, but he hopes they are at least somewhat helpful! Also, I'm gonna go change my profile pic to an eel now, I'm tired of this boring blue squid.

FlamingZelda

Inkling
NNID
FlamingZelda
I like the Eel pic. :cool:
1. If you can get into their base, try to control the area to this side at about middle height, you can shoot down at people, and you have a crate to hide and fight with.

I'm a little unsure of the location your referring to. Are you talking about Corner B?
Anyway thanks for the tips. I feel like No. 4 will be a big help.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I like the Eel pic. :cool:

I'm a little unsure of the location your referring to. Are you talking about Corner B?
Anyway thanks for the tips. I feel like No. 4 will be a big help.
Yeah, I mean Corner B. I don't play in squads, so I don't know callouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom