• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tournament HIDE AND SEEK (Sunday 17th April

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
this is a bit of a different tournament
Can I clarify you do not need a squad for this just you and yourself you can bring them along but they must sign up separately too and you will be split up in the tourney. You are battling for glory and to be the best there is no cash prize.

so in battle dojo lately I've been playing hide and seek with my bro but we were complaining that you could only play on the five original maps and that the pro controller was hard to use.

So at 6pm UTC I want to tomorrow (Sunday 14th February ) open a private battle which we all play hide and seek here are all the time zones for you guys
PT- 10am
Spain- 7:00pm
Japan- 3:00am Sunday 14th February
Germany- 2:00am
England/Uk 6pm

Please note that those time zones were only took from major city's for example Spain and Japan's time zones were calculated from the time in Barcelona and Tokyo only

Rules for playing:
ok let's start with how to play some people will be put on alpha and overs on bravo (this is a private battle remember) ok if you are put on alpha you are a seeker and if you are on bravo you are a hider, a seeker may use any weapon of choice and so may the hiders BUT only the seekers can attack hiders. The mode will always be tc or rm due to the 5 min time. SEEKERS NOR HIDERS can use the rainmaker or tower to their advantage. The seekers must stay in there spawn for exactly one minuite while the hiders find a hiding spot in the maps. A hider can lay as much ink as they wish they can do this to trick people or hide in it, if you lay ink that doesn't necessarily mean you have to hide in ink at all. After the minuite is up seekers are free to hunt down the hiders, the hiders can run around the map and swim as much as they want to escape the seekers as to "be caught" you must be splatted. IF you are caught by one of the seekers once you respawned you must stay in your spawn point you cannot leave it. If you are caught leaving your base after being splatted you will be disqualified and I will restart the private battle. You are aloud one chance and one chance only! When all hiders have been caught by the seekers the hiders may leave their spawn but only when all hiders have been splatted and then a random squid party will begin until the match ends.

Rules on what you can be banned for
ok here we go
1. you CANNOT hide in your spawn or any places where the seekers cannot reach you like your base area in saltspray rig. You can only hide in the base area of salt spray in rainmaker where it's possible for seekers to get there.
2. seekers CANNOT leave there base till 1 minuite is up.
3. If you start playing tc and rainmaker or squid party before everyone's caught you could be disqualified and banned from playing
4. you CANNOT perform glitches that result in seekers being unable to reach you in for example
Glitches such as these are aloud as they don't harm the match
5. YOU MUST HAVE FUN

Dosconnections:
its quite simple if you disconnect just rejoin. This is where it may get more complicated, if I disconnect because I'm the host everyone else disconnects, don't give up and start a turf or ranked because as soon as that happens I will reopen the battle with the same password

PRIVATE BATTLE PASSWORD- 1806

EXTREMELLY IMPORTANT RULE-
I will put a discord link below for hide and seek. HALF AN HOUR BEFORE THE PRIVATE BATTLE OPENS I need you if you want to participate go to the server and tell me your joining the private battle this is important because I'll be on discord a whole half hour waiting to see who is joining it's also where I want you to ask any questions either here or on discord ask me questions about this. ALSO IF YOU DONT HAVE DISCORD JUST PM ME ON SQUIDBOARDS TO TELL ME YOUR JOINING there are only Eight spots in a private battle so therefore the first eight people to join will play hide and seek. You can leave at any point remember. You need to confirm half an hour or later before the match starts that you are joining because if there aren't enough people example me and 1 person I will post pone this so remember PM me here or confirm on discord half an hour before the match starts. I will put a reminder on this post half an hour before it starts to confirm your participation. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO CONFIRMATIONS FOR EXAMPLE 48 PEOPLE MAY DECIDE THEY WANNA PLAY SO 48 PEOPLE WILL CONFIRM THAT THEY WANNA PLAY BUT ONLY THE FIRST 8 PEOPLE TO JOIN OUT OF THOSE 48 WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY. EVERY TIME THE MAP LIST (published below) gets completed I WILL REFRESH THE PRIVATE BATTLE IF THERE ARE OVER 16 ENTRIES SO MORE THAN 8 PEOPLE GET TO PLAY YOU CANNOT REJOIN THE PRIVATE LOBBYS WHEN THEY ARE REFRESHED WHEN YOUVE ALREADY HAD A GO. I WILL TELL YOU VIA DISCORD/PM WETHER IT WAS DISCONNECTION OR WHATEVER.

How to win the tournament-
There will be numerous rounds and below will be a link to the map list
And randomly between rounds you will be mixed between seekers and hiders the faster the seekers find the hiders the more points they get the longer hiders hide the more points they get the top 3 players will get posted about in the results and like bombed

Map list-
http://squidboards.com/threads/map-list-hide-n-seek-tourney.22119/

Discord link-
https://discord.gg/OssgMFFL9NvFe6Yd

Current signups - 0

Just to clarify you sign up below by saying I'd love to join or something along those lines and to confirm Half an hour before it starts pm me or use the discord.

FORMATIONS.
IT is unclear how the formation will be until 5:30pm tomorrow when I have all signups
It could range from 1 seeker to 1 hider - 4 seekers 4 hiders

I only need 1 signup which I have for the tournament to go ahead but more participants would be great

Last edited:

Quicksilvr

Inkling
NNID
Felderfox
I can't join tonight, but this sounds super fun. Are you planing on doing it another time?

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
This sounds neat! I'd love to come to one, but I will be busy this coming weekend, will you have another one at some point?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Hey so me and my squad are interested in this, just to confirm its in March like the title says right?
Can I remind you I will need your name and all the names of members of your squads I will also need their NNIDS to join the private battle, also there is a chance your squad will be split up into seperate groups, not all of them but some and you may not be on the same team. They will all have to individually confirm their presence on discord on March 19th themselves unless you can provide me with photographic evidence on that day

Gray

Inkling
Can I remind you I will need your name and all the names of members of your squads I will also need their NNIDS to join the private battle, also there is a chance your squad will be split up into seperate groups, not all of them but some and you may not be on the same team. They will all have to individually confirm their presence on discord on March 19th themselves unless you can provide me with photographic evidence on that day
Yea none of that's a problem, I'll talk to them more about it tonight and try to convince them all to get on the boards too..

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Yea none of that's a problem, I'll talk to them more about it tonight and try to convince them all to get on the boards too..
Anyway you have till the day of the tournament to sign up

Gray

Inkling
I just tried to get into the chat but the link is expired, did you use a time limited one?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I just tried to get into the chat but the link is expired, did you use a time limited one?
Whoops I forgot to reset the limit I'm pretty new to discord how do you make an unlimited one xD

Gray

Inkling
When you click instant invite, go to advanced settings, this will allow you to set a time limit or use limit.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I like to play in this but I am having a bit of trouble of finding a squad XD

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I like to play in this but I am having a bit of trouble of finding a squad XD
I did mention you don't need a squad if you want be in a squad and register that's fine too but if you do include your squad it's likely you will be split up its an every man for himself type of a tournament so that it's good for players without squads

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
you doin the same times on 19th of march? and how do i sign up exactly?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Yes no time change
You just sign up here in the comments section stating your
wiiU nickname
NNID
Discord name
And time zone

Gray

Inkling
Oh shoot I didn't know we had to sign up in the comments, can I do that in the Discord instead? I'd rather not have my NNID public like that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom