Home-made Tactics

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Has anyone ever come up with interesting tricks to do while battling?

I, for one, used to struggle to help allies in the front lines duel with enemies that are out of my range without getting out of position and, more often than not, getting splatted for it. So as a countermeasure I came up with this: "Why not shoot ink at my ally to keep them from getting stuck and allowing them to retreat if needed?". Lo and behold, now I can be helpful to allies without having to deal with enemies at suboptimal ranges, charge my special while at it, and retain a good defensive position to fight the weakened enemy in case my ally gets splatted ;)

Last edited:

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
When i see one of allies squid jump markers being shot to death by the other team, i would throw a splash wall in front of it or ink the ground so they can swim away

MarioFan

Inkling
NNID
BCamren
I use any type of splat bomb to deter the opponents, then go in for da splat or run away

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Don't be afraid to throw suction bombs in random places. I've gotten so many spats by just throwing a suction bomb and moving on. Such a good zoning weapon.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
-If i'm about to get dunked by a roller i'll drop a splat bomb at my feet and hope for a trade. Most of the time, this works.
-If i'm approaching the center of the map i'll stop inking and walk the last part to the chokepoint so other players won't see me on the map.

Bowrock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
N.Bowrock
Has anyone ever come up with interesting tricks to do while battling?

I, for one, used to struggle to help allies in the front lines duel with enemies that are out of my range without getting out of position and, more often than not, getting splatted for it. So as a countermeasure I came up with this: "Why not shoot ink at my ally to keep them from getting stuck and allowing them to retreat of needed?". Lo and behold, now I can be helpful to allies without having to deal with enemies at suboptimal ranges, charge my special while at it, and retain a good defensive position to fight the weakened enemy in case my ally gets splatted ;)
This is actually really clever. Thanks!

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
well I'm the opposite I generally will be rocking a e-liter and if I see a enemy making his way up and I can't shot him I will shoot in front of his path giving away his position and slowing him down

Reactions: LMG

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
When I respawn, I often throw a sprinkler at small empty places to cover a bit of turf while advancing. It takes very little time, and I regenerate the ink back while swimming to the front lines.

Also, Killer Wails are great at splatting Super Jumpers.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
This one is more fun than practical, I've been running recon shirts with various beacon/kraken weapons and quick squid jump.

The Kraken Drop:

Once I've charged up my special, i do a quick jump back to base to pinpoint my opponents, then jump to whichever teammate/beacon is closer. Right before i land I activate the Kraken!

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
Last one is pretty clever.

I sometimes squidbag people, not to be a d*** and not on the killcam though, I do that when I want their attenction/let them know I'm here/make them nervous/angry. Then they come for me and I splat em with the dynamo from a distance.

Sometimes I run in circles instead of squidbagging, it depends.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Supportive ink walls.

With the nerf to the ink recovery delay there's not much I can do with it. So if I see a teammate that is in a dangerous position i may throw it in front of them. They won't have to worry about their crippled ink supply like I would and could use it more effectively. Not something I see people do much; I usually only see people use them for their own purposes.

Im2aD

Inkling
NNID
Im2adiam
If you see a lot of ink that belongs to the other team and think an opponent is squid bagging, get cover and throw a suction/splat bomb over the left side and you can wait till someone reacts to it or go to the right side knowing that someone might be there because they were not on the left side cause the bomb did not affect them.

Aubz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
abbeylilbit
When a teammate is sitting at spawn, I spam booyah/cmon, because it is the only sound that comes out of both the gamepad and the TV, so it can be quite loud. It is very effective at getting teammates to get back in their feet.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Sometimes if I'm using a weapon with disruptor, and my teammate(s) is getting attacked by a really fast moving squid or a Roller, I keep throwing disruptors at the enemy until he/she is defeated.

Also Disruptors are really fun to use if there are enemies really close to each other, one time at Moray Towers at the center, two guys were getting ready to jump and swim up a wall to our side, I threw a Disruptor at them, they fell to their deaths because of how slow they were and couldn't touch the wall. It was really funny to watch.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
When a teammate super jumps to my location, it usually attracts opponents to shoot at the landing marker. A lot of times, I'm hiding when they jump to me so I maneuver to another spot and they shoot away at that landing marker giving me the opportunity to splat the enemy. Thanks guy!

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I instinctively toss Sprinklers over Splash Walls because they will distract and sometimes even splat the Wall user.

I use Haunt in conjunction with Quick Respawn Up to make even getting splatted useful to my team.

Ink dweller

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
For kelp charger users, if you are getting chased, drop a sprinkler. I can't speak for everyone but sprinklers always distract me because of the random ink spraying around. They're also really good bait if you want to force an opponent into a reachable area from an unreachable area

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom