How can I change the version of Splatoon?

Silvaro

Inkling
NNID
Aron-Com-ID
Hello everyone, I have a question. Is it possible to change the version of splatoon? Like changing the version to 2.6.0? If its possible please tell me I would really appreciate it :)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Technically, you could uninstall all the updates from your memory and revert it to the base game, but not anywhere in between. And at any rate, I don't think you can play online without having the latest update, so it does you little good to try.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Newest version or bust. Why would you want 2.6.0 specifically?

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
you CAN play the game on a previous version, it sometimes happens that the game doesn't update before you start it (usually if you start up the app too fast). happened to me a few times, and makes sense incase you don't have internet, but i believe you can't join online games if you're not on the same version as the server, otherwise you could easily exploit that.

either way, people make big recap videos of the updates on YouTube if you want something visual, you can probably find stuff on there :)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If you ever want to know the joys of the unnerfed Inkzooka, head for the singleplayer and soon you'll realise why it got nerfed so much. You'll also be able to see Underpass before it got revamped. (Seriously though, why did it get changed?)

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
If you ever want to know the joys of the unnerfed Inkzooka, head for the singleplayer and soon you'll realise why it got nerfed so much. You'll also be able to see Underpass before it got revamped. (Seriously though, why did it get changed?)
it got changed mostly because the chokepoint was absurd. if the enemy team secured that chokepoint, there was more or less no way to take it back, since it was just a narrow doorway.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
it got changed mostly because the chokepoint was absurd. if the enemy team secured that chokepoint, there was more or less no way to take it back, since it was just a narrow doorway.
Yeah, but Port Mackerel has the same issue and it never got revamped. I didn't like the new Underpass because the older version was about the only 'small' stage out there, but the new version made the map a lot larger as a result.

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
Yeah, but Port Mackerel has the same issue and it never got revamped. I didn't like the new Underpass because the older version was about the only 'small' stage out there, but the new version made the map a lot larger as a result.
i think i liked the old one's design, but in play the new one is better.

not sure about Port Mackerel though. to be honest, a lot of maps deserve to be revamped, and Urchin was the only one that ever did.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
If you ever want to know the joys of the unnerfed Inkzooka, head for the singleplayer and soon you'll realise why it got nerfed so much.
Don't hold me to this, but I believe that the Octo Valley 'zooka bears no relation to the Special in multiplayer, past or present. If anything, it might resemble the beta version, but I'm pretty sure that since the game's been out, the multiplayer 'zooka has been... normal.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Don't hold me to this, but I believe that the Octo Valley 'zooka bears no relation to the Special in multiplayer, past or present. If anything, it might resemble the beta version, but I'm pretty sure that since the game's been out, the multiplayer 'zooka has been... normal.
Well, i did a quick comparison and judging from the footage they are slightly different. The singleplayer Inkzooka compared to the unnerfed multiplayer one has an even better firerate, but the tornadoes are somewhat more narrow.

(Keep in mind these videos has rude language for the sensitive-eared viewers out there! I'm just putting these videos up for comparison purposes and not for the included commentary, which is obvs very outdated by now)

Nevertheless, they are still fairly similar. Back when Dome just got released, Inkzooka compared to now had roughly about double the firerate, no activation time nor sound(you press the button and you could immediately start shooting hurricanes), only needed 180p to charge and i'm not sure on this but i think the tornadoes flied faster, too. One of the biggest reasons why Tentatek used to be so popular when the game just got released.

Silvaro

Inkling
NNID
Aron-Com-ID
you CAN play the game on a previous version, it sometimes happens that the game doesn't update before you start it (usually if you start up the app too fast). happened to me a few times, and makes sense incase you don't have internet, but i believe you can't join online games if you're not on the same version as the server, otherwise you could easily exploit that.

either way, people make big recap videos of the updates on YouTube if you want something visual, you can probably find stuff on there :)
But how could THEY do that? :D They somehow needed to go back a version to do the visual notes don't they? How can you do that?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
But how could THEY do that? :D They somehow needed to go back a version to do the visual notes don't they? How can you do that?
I'm afraid that, if I understand correctly, this is referring to videos made as the updates come out - the recordings are from when those versions were current.

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
I'm afraid that, if I understand correctly, this is referring to videos made as the updates come out - the recordings are from when those versions were current.
yeah, that's what I mean. these people made the videos when we first got the updates. I haven't seen any way to revert the version, even by hackers and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom