• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How come it are always the same stages for the same modes?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
maybe it's just me..but i just been noticing that lately when i look at the map rotation order on my phone to see when which mode is and on which stages..it are always the same stages for each mode! >.< sometimes i just don't feel like playing on the same map with that same mode over and over again,this has nothing to do with me being bad or good on them,but i just want more variety with the modes..like have some more different stages in the rotation,sometimes you just get tired of playing on the same stage over and over again know what i mean? ^^''

i been playing alot of SZ and CB lately buuuut for SZ it's always Blackbelly Skatepark,Manta Maria and mussleforge fitness and for CB it's been Piranha Pit,Makomart and Ancho V games,don't get me wrong i really like most of these stages,but you know i really like some other stages as well that i almost never get to play on since it are always the same ones! >.<

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Let's put aside the new set-up for ranked, since that only affects one game type out of 3. I mean, that's a factor, but rotations have been borked since the launch of the first game. Since 2015, incredibly repetitive rotations would happen - how many players got sick of Museum Zones always being up, or the ranked modes going between two repeatedly with the other two not being seen for hours? Tower-rainmaker-tower-rainmaker...

I dunno, it's an ongoing problem, you're right to notice it, and I hope the inevitable third game fixes this.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
this is my experience but it used to be more variaty,in 2017 i remember always playing on a different stages alot,and sure i get it they want each stage to get their turn in the rotations but i don't think this is just the right way to do it cause i only see the same 3 ones over and over again and that's not fun to me at all..why even putting 8 stages in if only 3 always get in the rotation all the time? like i decided to play again when those other stages finally get in the rotation again cause that would be more variety already in my opinion >.< soooo i will keep a eye on the stage news on my splatoon 2 app haha

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
As a fossilized Wii U squid who's yet to purchase Splat2, I can tell you the first game still has the same issues with lack of variety.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
As a fossilized Wii U squid who's yet to purchase Splat2, I can tell you the first game still has the same issues with lack of variety.
How is the Wii U playerbase these days? Does it take long to find matches?

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
How is the Wii U playerbase these days? Does it take long to find matches?
Not long at all....there is still a thriving Splat 1 playerbase....especially now that it's attracted those who don't want to pay for Nintendo Online.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not long at all....there is still a thriving Splat 1 playerbase....especially now that it's attracted those who don't want to pay for Nintendo Online.
That is interesting. Lately it has been a pain to find people to play during specific times of the day in Splatoon 2. Likely because of the stupid paid online, because it wasn't that way before.

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
Yep, Splat1 being free is certainly what's drawing me over there right now. Plus, since most of the fanbase has moved on to the sequel, alot of the players you'll get matched with are pretty competent. Provided you're not rank C or something.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Yep, Splat1 being free is certainly what's drawing me over there right now. Plus, since most of the fanbase has moved on to the sequel, alot of the players you'll get matched with are pretty competent. Provided you're not rank C or something.
Well, great. Here I was thinking about going retro for a bit, but I now remember I never played ranked. :confused:

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
Truth be told, if you're decent at Turf Wars or failing that do some research, you can probably learn fairly quickly while still in the lower ranks. I jumped up from C+ to B+ just by going from stick to gyro controls and investing a bit of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom