Splatoon 2 How do I Blackbelly Skatepark?

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Before I start I just wanna let you know that I did not play Splatoon 1 so this map is new to me.

I'm having a hard time with the Blackbelly Skatepark map. When most new maps come out I naturally have a hard time with them. It takes me a while to "figure out" how to traverse the map, where the best hiding spots are, and what spot is the contested "high priority" part of the map. Normally it only takes me a few playthroughs of the same map to get use to it and start getting wins in that map, with Blackbelly Skatepark however, I seem to struggle.

I not only get splatted like crazy, but covering ground seems impossible for some reason. I also get stuck attempting to swim the skate park half pipes for some reason which gets me killed because I'm flopping about to much. I've only won 2 times in this map and it was only because my teammates carried me.

I don't want to be a burden to my fellow teammates so I need some tips and tricks to this map. The only thing I fully figured out is that tall tower in the middle is the contested spot and is a nice place to be if you have a long ranged weapon or tentamissiles.

Some things I would like to know:
What are the best weapons to play on this map?
What are some good hiding spots?
Does inking the walls count in this map for points? (they are kinda connected to the ground in a few spots so I'm a little confused about what counts as wall or floor)
Best places to swim up the walls without getting stuck?
Should I rush to get as far into the enemy base as possible? or hang back and ink as much as I can?

And before you say "you just need more practice" I know that part already and I intend to do so, I just want a little boost so I can stop letting my teammates down. I also understand that people get into bad losing streaks, but it's far to coincidental that as soon as the maps change, I start inking again, and getting wins more regularly.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Best weapons would be fast-moving weapons like splattershot or sploosh and long ranged weapons like the jet squelcher.

Some good hiding spots are the block in front of the plant on the left side of the spawn and the right side of the spawn in the little sniping area. Also the tower is good when you have control.

The slopes count for turf, but I don't think as much as flat ground.

I just swim up flat surfaces and walls that are attached to the slopes.

When I play, I try to rush to the middle and try to get control of the tower.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Best weapons would be fast-moving weapons like splattershot or sploosh and long ranged weapons like the jet squelcher.

Some good hiding spots are the block in front of the plant on the left side of the spawn and the right side of the spawn in the little sniping area. Also the tower is good when you have control.

The slopes count for turf, but I don't think as much as flat ground.

I just swim up flat surfaces and walls that are attached to the slopes.

When I play, I try to rush to the middle and try to get control of the tower.
Thanks! this helps. I'll have to look at a flat map to see where those blocks are. btw I noticed whenever I play my team will rush over to the left side of the map, neglecting the right side. does this happen when you play?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Bombs are excellent in Blackbelly - with all the small vertical surfaces, choke points and and angular walls, attacking without being there helps a lot. To answer your question, the left route is technically faster than the right, which has to go forward and then around, in ranked modes that's usually best for flanking considering seconds matter.

All the slopes and curves do count for inking, you can test this by watching your special gauge and point total. Usually only strictly vertical surfaces don't count, and even that distinction's blurred with the moving walls on Sturgeon Shipyard. You'll want to make sure want to make sure that the half pipes and curves are fully painted before swimming, because this game's engine gets kinda wonky at times swimming on anything that isn't a flat horizontal or vertical surface.

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
If you're pushing to the enemy's side, you can mess with them by hiding on and around the little walls on the wooden bit on your left.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Bombs are excellent in Blackbelly - with all the small vertical surfaces, choke points and and angular walls, attacking without being there helps a lot. To answer your question, the left route is technically faster than the right, which has to go forward and then around, in ranked modes that's usually best for flanking considering seconds matter.

All the slopes and curves do count for inking, you can test this by watching your special gauge and point total. Usually only strictly vertical surfaces don't count, and even that distinction's blurred with the moving walls on Sturgeon Shipyard. You'll want to make sure want to make sure that the half pipes and curves are fully painted before swimming, because this game's engine gets kinda wonky at times swimming on anything that isn't a flat horizontal or vertical surface.
Bombs, gotcha. that was really helpful! thanks! and it explains why everyone rushes the left side on this map.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
If you're pushing to the enemy's side, you can mess with them by hiding on and around the little walls on the wooden bit on your left.
I should try that. the enemy always seemed to magically appear near my spawn somehow so I'm sure they are doing the same thing.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Any of the long ranged blasters work fairly well here (Rapid, Rapid Pro, Range Balster) because of the weird lumps and stuff that a blaster can easily abuse. Pushing left is usually the best option, but I've had luck with flanking right and sharking the enemy out of spawn.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Any of the long ranged blasters work fairly well here (Rapid, Rapid Pro, Range Balster) because of the weird lumps and stuff that a blaster can easily abuse. Pushing left is usually the best option, but I've had luck with flanking right and sharking the enemy out of spawn.
I always get my butt kicked going right. And I'm learning how to use blasters so I'll use them on this map. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom