How do I improve my accuracy?

octo8964

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3883-7884-6584
When I approach someone and they start moving, I find it hard to move the camera far enough to the left or right, and when someone is relatively still it can take me a little while to target them and get the kill. Is this to do with sensitivity or the way I hold the controller? Any help would be appreciated ;)

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
It might be the sensitivity, particularly if you use sticks; you can change that from the menu (Menu + Options while in the square.)

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
if you use the pro controller then it should be easy! even though you got motion control probably on you still kinda have to use right under stick on your controller to move left/right etc,once i finally figured this out when i just started it really helped me out in alot of matches! but i do gotta say to both use motion control and the right stick as well to make sure for the best performance :D

Last edited:

octo8964

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3883-7884-6584
if you use the pro controller then it should be easy! even though you got motion control probably on you still kinda have to use right under stick on your controller to move left/right etc,once i finally figured this out when i just started it really helped me out in alot of matches! but i do gotta say to both use motion control and the right stick as well to make sure for the best performance :D
Thanks, I'll take this in to consideration when I next play :D

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
If it’s a matter of not being able to move the camera fast enough to aim at your target, then it’s likely a camera sensitivity issue and you can adjust those settings by pressing X in the square, if I remember correctly. If those look fine, then it could be a technique issue; you can use the right stick and the motion controls at the same time to achieve very fast camera turns. Dude made a video about this quite a while back, probably for Splatoon 1.

Lastly, if you’re asking for advice on being able to turn quickly and still have your target lined up perfectly, @Mar$el has a good video on some drills you can do in the testing facility.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
These are just some charger drills to improve aim (technically on charger, but they work for any weapon). Sounds to me like you just need more practice aiming at people, which the testing room can help greatly with. There’s and infinite number of other drills you can do in the testing room but here are some good ones.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Definitely spend time in the practice range, even once you think you’ve gotten better it always helps to run aiming drills for an hour or so.

One thing I’ll do that I don’t think is in the video above is just train your reticle on the moving dummies and try to keep it on one as best you can for as long as you can. No shots, just move the reticle with the dummy.

Trying to pop the dummies as you run in the same direction and in the opposite direction that they move is another good one.

octo8964

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3883-7884-6584
Thanks for all your help guys (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ I think I've got the hang of it now, I'll spend a bit more time in the training area and play a few matches of Turf War to make sure!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Also make sure you find out what controller type fits you best (unless you're playing in Portable mode in which case you have no choices). I personally prefer separate Joycons and find it a lot easier to aim with that mouse+keyboard type way than with the Pro controller.

octo8964

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3883-7884-6584
Also make sure you find out what controller type fits you best (unless you're playing in Portable mode in which case you have no choices). I personally prefer separate Joycons and find it a lot easier to aim with that mouse+keyboard type way than with the Pro controller.
Yeah, I've had a preference from the beginning. I like the Pro Controller because of the distance between the ABXY/D-pad and sticks, the Joy-Cons are too compact for my liking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom