• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

how do Plaza posts work?

Lisku

Inkling Commander
how do they work? How do specific plaza posts get into everyone’s lobbies?

2bdamned

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
i tried to look into this before and if i recall correctly, i think it's based on how popular they are over on twt?? i don't think it actually does anything when you "fresh" a post, unfortunately.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
My best guess is "Twitter popularity + some randomly selected for flavor" but I'd be thrilled if anyone knows of any source/evidence-backed insight or really anything more solid than theories and rumors. I don't expect we'll ever know for sure, though.

Cephalobro

I really don't know how it works, it's yet another reason why Miiverse was so much better. Back in Splatoon 1, you could still see your own post in-game in one of the designated spots that the post shows up, if it's done by the drawing feature that is. But still, actually 100% knowing your post made it through is really what made it great. And the best part is, popularity wasn't part of the equation of it at all, avoiding the problem of seeing posts from the same exact people every single time.

Umbreonfan

Senior Squid
It's kind of dumb you won't ever know if someone saw your post or if it got voided immediately. I wish you could see how many times it's appeared in someone's lobby.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
That's why I miss Miiverse; back when it was popular and existent my brother and I got quite the following. He got lots of people to follow and request art/comics and I could actually see my own posts. Once it left, he & I became no bodies again. :frown: It was quite depressing to say the least. I even remember complaining A LOT to Nintendo back and forth to no avail trying to learn where my posts were, why my friends and I couldn't find them, etc. Nothing was ever resolved. :frown:

Lisku

Inkling Commander
if it’s Twitter popularity making a post really has no point, huh

I specifically made a Twitter account for making posts. I guess no one sees it.

Why can’t they just add a new system where you don’t need Twitter? they said they would do that months ago.

but also, I always see players in the lobby that I’ve played with games before.

Cephalobro

Oh, and it was a huge mistake to integrate plaza posting with Twitter right from the start. Yet another reason why some kind of version of Miiverse should have been used instead of Twitter.

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
i really find it annoying that you HAVE to have a social media account in order to actually post something in the plaza. i always thought the point is to make it so people under 13 can't post anything but there are much better ways of pulling that off

and also i never plan to get twitter so the plaza feature is completely useless to me

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Twitter [ahem “X”] is more awful than ever. I made some cute posts now knowing they’re all in vain. I’m a bit sad now.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I understand nintendo hates moderating stuff but siiiigh miiverse was just such a better way.

Also it's annoying that even though you can see people you've recently played with hanging out outside the lobby/grizzco, you can't see their posts. Did they do that to intentionally try to stop people from using them to communicate with each other or something? I feel like it would completely be worth making posts if at least the people you played with could see them, but no, most of us are just posting into the void I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom