• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do you define a scrub?

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
Scrub is one of those words, like "idiot" and "chuckle****." It's not a word that you can take seriously. It's just something people came up with to replace "noob."

However, I do condone mocking people who complain about their team being at fault all the time.

And if I had a penny for every post in one of the bloody facebook groups about "oh I get stuck in ___ rank because I keep rolling a horrible team bah why do I even play this game."

Sadly almost everyone AGREES with this mindset in those places. Frankly this is the first community where a large part of it finds whining like that acceptable and not the mark of scrubbery. It's so odd I've been trying to find another game where players get away with saying 'my teammates make me stay in ****ty ranks' and get away without being told to git gud and mocked.
League of Legends Solo Queue would like to have a word with you.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
No. Randoms suck, and it IS a reason a lot of people aren't in S rank. I main the jr and it was hell just to get to A and then I'd always fall back down to B+
Eventually I realized it wasn't because I was bad but because I'm playing with bunch of fools. Support roles are NOT viable in randoms, Simply because you cannot communicate, the majority of players is out to do their own thing. So I started playing the ksr, .52 and tentatek and within two days I was in S rank. And oh boy is S rank freaking stupid. Out of all the ranks I've ever been in Nobody has ever ignored my Beakons as much as them. I would have all three of my beakons placed in different strategic places, and my teammates ( not just one game, about 85% of all my games ) would totally ignore the beakons instead opting to super jump to an enemy in combant, getting splatted and repeating their process. even when their super jump victim wasn't in combat, their teammate would run off looking for somebody to splat instead of guarding their landing indicator LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO. WHY IN THE WORLD ARE S-RANKED PLAYERS SO BAD AT BEING A GOOD TEAM???
My clan will get together every so often and do squad battles and when we do we kick butt, Not because we're necessarily the greatest but because we can diversify our team, and we have good communication and teamwork skills, so many times have we gone up against squad ACTUALLY 100% consisting of .52 gal decos,one full of .96's a few with 2 or 3 ksr, filling the rest in with tentateks. YES these weapons are good, But that doesn't mean you're going to win. That doesn't mean you can play like a braindead toddler. Those teams get demolished.
So yes the randoms system IS holding back a lot of players, of course I'm sure some of the ones who complain about having a bad team are actually the bad team contributing to the problems. But if you're stuck in a bad rank your options are to either condone your main and play with the top tier weapons, or find a clan you can do squad battles with, However clans look at your rank so this might even be difficult to do.

TL;DR randoms succ, get a clan, stop only playing high tiers. GUARD YOUR FREAKING TEAMMATES LANDING INDICATORS. Like seriously you're so much better off having more ALIVE members on the field. It's worth it.

Rant over

Manta

Senior Squid
GUARD YOUR FREAKING TEAMMATES LANDING INDICATORS.
This so much. I guard the indicators unless it's unnecessary (ie he's jumping to a spot where there shouldn't be an enemy within an e-litre's range) or when it's too risky (ie he's super jumping to a spot where there is very likely an enemy or two waiting and there isn't really anything I can do without killing myself), yet I've never seen someone do it for me.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
This so much. I guard the indicators unless it's unnecessary (ie he's jumping to a spot where there shouldn't be an enemy within an e-litre's range) or when it's too risky (ie he's super jumping to a spot where there is very likely an enemy or two waiting and there isn't really anything I can do without killing myself), yet I've never seen someone do it for me.
Yeah and I mean if it's the last 10 seconds of turf war and you have a good inking weapon, you can probably be better for your team to ink than to guard a indicator. People seriosuly need to guard super jump indicators more

That guy in that vid. I like how he used FGC terms but kept falling for the same specials and didn't even change up his playstyle.

That my friend, is a "Scrub Lord". :V

(PS I was totally looking for that vid, ITS GOLD)
ALL THESE ****IN' RAGEQUITTERS (alt+F4'd out of the game and uninstalled it)

NNID
EuniceSeesAll
people that think the krak-on roller is over powered
people that complain about seabagging
people at C- 0

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
people that complain about seabagging
What if my complaint is that they're wasting time? Stop screwing around and push the objective now that you got them out of the way.
people at C- 0
That just means they haven't played ranked yet, or maybe just suck at it real real bad, and even the latter is okay. A scrub isn't just a newbie or someone who's not good at the game, a scrub is a crybaby who refuses to admit they suck. It's one thing to be bad at video games but still a good sport about it, it's quite another to be an ******* in denial about it.

NNID
EuniceSeesAll
What if my complaint is that they're wasting time? Stop screwing around and push the objective now that you got them out of the way.
i feel sorry for you if youve had team mates that do it for the rest of the match after splatting someone, i guess
Also the threads asking how I define a scrub, so.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
A scrub is somebody who is bad but he doesn't see his mistakes and he don't think he needs to improve at all.

But yeah, the OP basically covered everything in his explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom