• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do you fight an E-Liter user?

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
E-Liters have been popping up left and right In my games and I'm getting quite annoyed. I swear it's impossible to fight them with anythjng but an E-Liter or even get past them. Trying to get close ends up a failure 90% of the time because they either still manage to get me, no matter how hard I try to evade them, and when I do get close, I get Splat Bombed to death.

Any suggestions?

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
git gud.

Depending on what map you're on you may be able to sneak up behind them, arowana mall for example is a great map for ambushing snipers. a lot of good charger players have really good map awareness and pay attention to the map, however you can use this to your advantage, Don't ink any turf on your way over and they won't be able to see you coming, then you just sneak up behind them and splat them before they even notice you're close enough. the way you get splatted by burst bombs is the eliter has realised you're too close before you've had the chance to inflict real damage on them.

If you play a weapon with the sprinkler you can disable a charger or splatling by throwing a sprinkler next to them. They have a few choices, Retreat, Die by sprinkler (honestly super embarrassing) or destroy the sprinkler. if you submerge as soon as you throw the sprinkler you'll have enough ink to throw another one and then they'll have to repeat the process. This does require a good team to back you up. you're role in this match for now is to enter a stalemate with the charger, which can be extremely helpful, maybe even more so than plain out splatting them. A splatted enemy gets to try a different approach.

If you play a weapon with splat bombs or suction bombs, abuse that too. chargers are pretty used to retreating to that option, but it does push them back at least temporarily. you can also use splat bombs to at best trade with a burst bomb seizure. if you throw one down at your feet when you're within close range I've found that the burst bomb seizure takes too much of their concentration and they'll end up getting splatted.

a killer wail is a great way to remove a charger from it's perch. try to also cover their getaway option for a splat.

NateDawg

Inkling
NNID
NateDunn
E-Liters have been popping up left and right In my games and I'm getting quite annoyed. I swear it's impossible to fight them with anythjng but an E-Liter or even get past them. Trying to get close ends up a failure 90% of the time because they either still manage to get me, no matter how hard I try to evade them, and when I do get close, I get Splat Bombed to death.

Any suggestions?
What do you do when the eliter is completely surrounded by his teams ink so you HAVE to ink to get close to him? Where you can't safely reach that spot he is at with a bomb either?
90% of the time he is somewhere where it is impossible to reach him unless you spray the ground. Even if I do end up getting close they just run away farther back and one of his team mates gets me because I can't go that far in to get him.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Since I use long-ranged shooters, I have to avoid them because I can't splat them faster than they can splat me. I usually just stay out of the range and ink whatever I can, which helps to get points for leveling up gear and to use your Special Weapon. However, if you do have an Inkstrike available you can try to launch one behind them; that way they can't see the marker on the floor, which increases the odds of getting a splat (even if it doesn't splat them, at least you got them to move)

Power

Inkling Commander
Force E-liter outside of its sniper position. It doesn't matter if you kill the sniper, just do not die and make them uncomfortable. That is probably the best thing to do instead of rushing them head on. Flanking is another option, but that takes more time.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Sub weapons are often the only way. Either get close enough to throw a bomb up to their perch, or distract them with a sprinkler/beakon for just long enough to be able to sneak in and make the kill. If that doesn't work, you can try very quickly inking a zig-zag path to a point where you're in range. If you're in their sights, the important thing is to always be changing direction.

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
Distract them with something. They can only focus on one thing at a time.

There's also a lot of time between each shot. You can "fake out" leaving cover, dodge the incoming shot, then quickly run to hide behind something else while slowly advancing or waiting for backup.

Macaque

Inkster Jr.
NNID
R-Gray-S
You can also watch the sniper and make your move when they look the other way, or go the opposite way to where they are watching. This seems to work really well on Moray Towers. No matter how good the sniper may be, he can still only look in one direction at a time!

Charge time is slow for E-Litres. If they miss a shot, you might be able to rush them. But be careful, some smart E-Litres run multiple damage up buffs so they only need a half charge or so to kill you.

Ninja squid is also good since the sniper will be looking out for your ink trails.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
For Brush users, the best way to deal with snipers is to never engage them directly. Always approach them from outside their FOV. Be careful if they have helpful teammates covering their flank. Don't start swinging until you're certain you can catch them and splat them or force them to reposition.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
3 major weaknesses you can potentially exploit against E Liters!

1) They're slow at charging their shots. Spread their shots wide by zipping through in squid form side to side but never directly towards them. This may force them to shoot and give you an opportunity to move in while they have to still charge before another shot. Also, never be in the open more than you have to be while doing this.

2) They're close combat abilities stink! Granted the burst bombs set are good at making you back off a bit but they're still weak. If you're close enough within shooting distance and not in front of a E Liter you have the edge. Even if you can't manage to splat them in a fire fight they will still be forced to relocate thus giving you and your team major room to push forward.

3) Their aiming mobility is slow compared to any other weapon in the game. This is where using your surroundings is vital! Got cover or multiple pathways to choose from? Use them to your advantage either to flank or make him think you're going one way when you're really going another way. If you're super quick and time it right they will most likely miss. Try to move in closer each time he misses and repeat. The key is to sneakly catch them at angles they least expect you shooting from.

Those are tips that have helped me anyway. Hope they help you.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Ninja Squid is one of your best friends against any charger in general; sneak up on them and take em out before they see you coming.

Failing that, use Splash Walls to cover your rear end. Snipers can't really break through Splash Walls in one shot, so if you see a sniper covering a corridor, use a Splash Wall to get past him.

Lastly, apply pressure to him. If you hit his nest with an Ink Strike or a Killer Wail, he is either going to leave the nest or be splatted. If he leaves the nest unsafely, you can punish and splat him fairly easily. If he leaves safely, use the time you just bought yourself to ink some turf and get to a spot where you can ink his nest.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
Seekers and Ninja Squid. You can throw one, pretend to walk away, and follow the seeker's path in squid form.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
Tactically you want to stay out of their immediate visibility and attack from the side or from behind. This is obviously much harder if the E-Liter is in a position which closes off other attack angles.

If you want to counter E-Liters via loadout, you probably want something with Splash Wall, Inkstrike, Killer Wail or Inkzooka. Inkzooka's the most sure-fire counter despite it having slightly less range than E-Liters. Bomb sub-weapons work but sometimes they can't travel far enough to threaten E-Liters.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Another thing to consider is taking clothing with defense-up, good E-Litre users (esp. those with a ton of dmg-ups) know exactly how much charge they need for an uncharged shot to splat someone so a few defense-ups can protect you against an uncharged shot. Against a fully charged shot you'll have no chance, though.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
You get good at back door'ing and having a good sniper, who knows how to counter snipe. This is how ya do it.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
You get good at back door'ing and having a good sniper, who knows how to counter snipe. This is how ya do it.
You could explain how you accomplish said things instead of trivializing them.

Say the opponent team becomes good at backdooring. How are you able to even learn what to do to beat it if your entire understanding of their backdooring strategy is "they got good"
same with the better sniper. Your advice is bogus

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
You could explain how you accomplish said things instead of trivializing them.

Say the opponent team becomes good at backdooring. How are you able to even learn what to do to beat it if your entire understanding of their backdooring strategy is "they got good"
same with the better sniper. Your advice is bogus
No one asked for an in-depth strategy. If the op gave more details, like what weapons he uses, the maps, maybe the abilities etc, I could give more input. Killing snipers is all about counter sniping, back door'ing, and or forcing them into a bad situation. How you do this, depends on a lot of factors however, such as weapon, map, and sub; the list goes on. My answer is only as vague as the the question.

You should chill bro.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
3 major weaknesses you can potentially exploit against E Liters!

1) They're slow at charging their shots. Spread their shots wide by zipping through in squid form side to side but never directly towards them. This may force them to shoot and give you an opportunity to move in while they have to still charge before another shot. Also, never be in the open more than you have to be while doing this.

2) They're close combat abilities stink! Granted the burst bombs set are good at making you back off a bit but they're still weak. If you're close enough within shooting distance and not in front of a E Liter you have the edge. Even if you can't manage to splat them in a fire fight they will still be forced to relocate thus giving you and your team major room to push forward.

3) Their aiming mobility is slow compared to any other weapon in the game. This is where using your surroundings is vital! Got cover or multiple pathways to choose from? Use them to your advantage either to flank or make him think you're going one way when you're really going another way. If you're super quick and time it right they will most likely miss. Try to move in closer each time he misses and repeat. The key is to sneakly catch them at angles they least expect you shooting from.

Those are tips that have helped me anyway. Hope they help you.
Actually, for 3, most E-Liter users will have Strength ups so that so many rapid uncharged shots will splat someone at close range... look at Elecmaw's reply above, and you'll see what I mean.

jaddasroots

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jaddasbranch
Fighting an ELiter can be an uphill battle especially the super good ones with no chill in ranked. Here's my advice.
1. Are you a brush or roller? Zigzag. It's easier for brushes but your forward momentum and moving erractically will get you to the eliter before they potentially shoot you down. Try to mix up your movements as much as possible, they might predict where you'll move and get the kill. That's what I do when people use that method against me as a splatterscope. You can try moving erratically as a shooter too.
2. Make them take a shot. Eliters can kill with a half shot if they're smart, but most try to go for the full charge. That full charge however takes a long time so if you can make them take a shot, try and rush them, but they may fend you off with burst bombs.
3. Distract them. Just as a sniper uses distraction, you can distract a sniper. Throw a sprinkler on a wall before they know where you are. Not only are you giving yourself a bit of ink to swim in, but this takes their attention away from you.

Not all eliters are punks. I main the regular chargers but it takes about four uncharged shots to kill someone who has gotten up close. I have killed plenty of people this way so don't think they won't either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom