• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do you fight an E-Liter user?

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Another tip for Brush Noveau users: Ink Mines can be used to booby-trap sniper vantage points if you can get there while the sniper is not present.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Actually, for 3, most E-Liter users will have Strength ups so that so many rapid uncharged shots will splat someone at close range... look at Elecmaw's reply above, and you'll see what I mean.
I totally get that, I'm a charger main myself so I understand the effectiveness of strength up. But even so anyone with a rapid fire mid/short range weapon will still have the advantage in that situation I mentioned because they simply splat quicker while the charger is still either charging or looking another way. And I specifically stated to not be directly in front of them. But yes, you should still not underestimate a competent charger.

Last edited:

Chiro

Inkster Jr.
As a Jr/Roller mainer i distract them, pretty much doing 'COME AND GET ME' Or spam bombs with a bomb range up as main helps too. Ninja Squid is your best friend here so consider using that if you hate chargers. (I dont use it 'yet' because swimming slowly leaves no trace) But just, watch out for burst bombs. They can one shot you when you are stuck by enemy's ink. When they are trying to flee(because ink is empty) Splat them so fast if you can.

That is how i deal with chargers.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The real danger of engaging E-Liter snipers is that most of them pack Damage Up, which improves their charge rate.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Know your map: most sniper nests have back doors or even sneak straight up their ledge. You can run them over from behind or find a place from below in your range.

Rush them: they take so long to reload, and to aim if you rush them you can get close before they can fire again. If your sub weapon has a longer range use that. Zig zag might help. If you can rush them without being seen all the better.

Use Special weapon: paint somewhere else till charged and then fire on them.

Paint somewhere else: remember that there are only three enemies everywhere else. Some maps or themes you have to deal with them. But other maps take advantage that they can't cover ground well and leave only three enemies. A good charger will move around and you can get them en route.

Know their weaknesses: using a charger is hard. Try it, you'll learn where the good nests are and find out that your getting splatted in the 3-5 sec it takes to recharge and aim. They can't shoot straight down very well. The laser tells everyone where they are too.

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
What I always do is at the beginning of the match if the other team has a sniper in ranked, I quickly go over to the most obvious sniper perch and wait for them to come.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
An Inkzooka shot usually does the job. Otherwise, exploit distractions - ensure that they're paying attention to your team mates and then quickly take a less obvious route around to where they're sniping from - bonus points if you can pop 'em in the back (this is much fun on Arrowana).

Also, depending on how skilled they are (which you can gauge early into a match) you can more or less charge straight at them - helps if you're using a weapon with a fast run-while-firing speed, and also if you've equipped multiple speed boosts - they tend to then panic and make mistakes.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I like to use an Inkstrike on them, as long as I don't need it for something else

Shalnark

Full Squid
If an E Liter player is bad, you can probably use quick, unpredictable movements to get close and kill it. Just don't jump or fall from ledges when you're in its sight; that makes you extremely easy to snipe. As other people said, flanking is a good idea as well, and sometimes not inking turf on your way can help. I'm not an E Liter main, but when I use it, I do check my gamepad to find any possible flanks.

If an E Liter is good, then you need to respect it. E Liters can fire three or four shots before they need to recharge, and can only throw four burst bombs at once. They need approximately half a charge to kill with damage up, and to kill with burst bombs, they either need one direct hit and one indirect hit or three indirect hits. Additionally, if they don't charge their shot enough, they can finish you off with a burst bomb. If a good E Liter is watching you and you're alone then you need to either ink some turf around you to give you more options, or super jump out. If you have enough ink around you, you can try using your sub weapons to pressure or possibly kill the charger, or in the case of a splash wall, slowly approach. If you're having problems dealing with this weapon, you shouldn't use subs like inkmine or seeker because they won't help you. The best specials to pressure/kill chargers with are killer wail and inkzooka. The latter is much more likely to kill them. Make sure you don't miss your first inkzooka shot, otherwise it's possible for your opponents to hide behind something. If you're using a bomb rush, make sure you don't stay stationary while using it; remember that you can still ink turf and swim. Kraken can sometimes work, but burst bombs are very effective at pushing the kraken back, and the chargers will probably be on a different elevation. When you have your team with you, that's when you can pressure the e liters with main weapons, subs and specials while one of you tries to flank it.

Besides for other chargers, good weapons for dealing with the E Liter (from my experience) are jet squelchers, splattershot pros, and sometimes the tentatek splattershot, depending on the map.

For gear, you can try stacking two or three defense ups to counter the E Liter's damage up, however, they can adapt and start using fully charged shots.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Special Russian (Rush-in) Subs

Dealing with chargers is primary importance. A good charger will win level every time, or most of the time.

Special:
use your special to splat the charger nest.

Rush-in: know your map there is always a back door. It is really the job of the medium range weapons to rush the Chargers and splat them. Medium range can hit from below or other perches.

Sub: use your subweapon to splat campers. Test the map in the solo run through mode and see where you can throw bombs at the normal charger nest.

* maybe the order should be 'sub special Russian.' Not quite as catchy though.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Get gear that has Bomb Range Up main on all of them. The range you get from doing this is insane.

Credits to @Suki for pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom