• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How do you get golden fish scales in salmon run?

sea_echols

Inkling
NNID
sea_echols
Switch Friend Code
SW-3024-6205-5439
How do you get golden fish scales in salmon run? I've fought against king cohozuna many times from low to high levels on my rank and I've won and lost matches against it but I have yet to get 1 golden fish scale and I've pretty much been playing since the 9th. And I've seen players with banners that you can only get with gold scales. Can anyone explain how to get any? What level and if you need to win or get lucky??

Cephalobro

I think the golden scales are obtained at higher rankings. I only got 2 golden scales at the moment, so yeah, they are rare.

Agent_1000008

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-6179-1796
They're extremely rare. The people you see who have them probably spend a lot of their time playing Salmon Run and has won against the King Salmonoid most of every time. I only have one as well, so you aren't the only one. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get there!

Ac℮

Inkster Jr.
Walleye Warehouse, Moray Towers, and Wahoo World
NNID
MyPetCocoa
Switch Friend Code
SW-7135-3637-2316
The majority opinion I seem to see, is that you get them from fighting the king salmonid cohozuna. Only problem is, it seems to be entirely random. My experience for example, is I fought him the first time while just having passed Apprentice, and the team won and got a bronze scale. But while in Go Getter, I fought him and we couldn't kill him in time, yet I got a gold scale. A gold scale for losing, and a bronze scale for winning. I've talked to lots of people online about it, and lots of people are starting to feel like its not even worth it. I had a third battle where I got nothing, because two of the teammates literally disconnected when the EMERGENCY warning started flashing. I can't blame them lol

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Yesterday, I lost against Cohozuna and got single golden scale. I was Profreshional +2.

Also, I got only one win against him and I was Go-Getter rank (skipped to it as I had Splatoon 2 save data). After that, never won. :( Cohozuna's HP was about 15% left. I need to learn to aim golden eggs against normal bosses especially Flyfish.

Cephalobro

Okay, so it was recently discovered that the Golden Scale chances depend on the hazard level, and unfortunately, the highest it can get is abysmally about 2%.

Honestly, they should've made it guaranteed that actually defeating the King Salmonid in higher ranks guarantees one Golden Scale. After all, that thing is already difficult to defeat as it is, especially on higher ranks where the other Salmonids can easily swarm the area.

In fact, the only other thing that can chew through the King Salmonid's health easily (from my experience) is a fully charged Hydra Splatling, and those are already cumbersome to have in a game mode where enemies can easily surround you.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Welp here is my advice which I can't take full credit for ty HDHaZmyY for his help so check out his vid for more tips but here is a quick rundown

1.Profreshional +2 is probably the best difficulty level for farming golden scales

2.Hydra splatling, eliter, dynamo, and grizzco weapons should focus their energy on Cohozuna since they can deal more dps than it would take to kill and boss and grab the salmon eggs (unless they are already eggs nearby) as they deal roughly 100 dmg less than said salmon run egg

3. Egg Canon can 1 shot most bosses in the game so use 2 on cohozuna and save 1 to oneshot the next boss or clear room if you are getting overwhlemed

4. You can one shot the flyfish with egg cannon by aiming at the salmon in the center (it does aoe splash dmg and will hit both turrent if aimed correctly
***also explosher shots also count towards mudmouths and as an explosive to take out the flyfish turrents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom