How do you get in your zone?

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Meaning, you play at your best and feel like an unstoppable Kraken all match.

Ironically for me, I just put on some music, and go on auto-pilot. No emotion, no try hard mode, just autopilot. The funny thing is it ran me through A- and A rank about an hour ago.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I listen to violent hip hop on youtube, get some snacks and soda and wreck nerds.

This is my choice drink for going on splat streaks

but sometimes whiskey does the trick too.

zzrrdd

Inkling
NNID
zzrrdd1308
I have to sit on the edge of my seat. Literally as far over the edge as possible! When an attacking enemy is approaching, I physically back away, as if I'm in the game. It's really weird it I get a real connection with the game.

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I drink beers and leave my phone on speaker phone while playing squad battles with my brother

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami

honestly this was on my mind at the final 30 mins before getting S

this literally "fills you with determination"

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Three Ps

1. Be Present. Focus entirely on what you're doing in the moment. Decide on your strategy before the match starts, then just execute it. Don't start analyzing until the match is over.
2. Be Positive. Don't judge yourself as long as you're doing your best. What was your best before may not be your best now.
3. Be Process-Oriented. Invest in the process of enjoying yourself and improving your skills, not on a set outcome that is dependent on factors not entirely under your control, like winning the game or getting a certain number of kills.

I seem to play better when my friends are watching me. There is the added pressure of not looking like you can't play and not wanting to embarras yourself in front of them :P

Feme

Inkling
NNID
Saeriibon
I like to sit on my knees/stand while also having a cup of coffee and some Oreos to snack on between battles. Surprisingly helped me a lot lol

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
For me its just check my gear is good for the weapon using the guides here, maybe watch a 'Tearing it Up' video from SRB2 Dude to learn/remember how to use a weapon, and just start playing.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I seem to play better when my friends are watching me. There is the added pressure of not looking like you can't play and not wanting to embarras yourself in front of them :p
If my friends were watching me I would suddenly be just as good as fighting as a real life squid

Usually, I just play a few levels of Mario Sunshine or Yoshi's Wooly World before playing Splatoon, and then I try not to get angry while playing, or else I play worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom