• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do you recover from a bad day?

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
I'm going to post here only because I can remember it like it was yesterday... oh wait.

Anyways, I fell from S to A- and I was really losing it because all my team mates where bad (and I was playing rainmaker for the most part) so the best thing I could think of was to wait for the next rotation which happened to be tower control. It was hit and miss but still going bad, so I again waited for the next rotation and it happened to be splatzones.

THIS was where I took control of everything and before long, I got my S rank back with a 20 vibe meter string.

So basically what i'm trying to say is, snipe certain map and mode rotations and then abuse it for the next 4 hours.

And yes, I go through the same things such as constantly switching up weapons to see what i'm doing wrong but then go back to my tried and true when things get dire.
I hate Rainmaker, so I usually just don't play ranked until the maps switch up.

Relados

Senior Squid
I hate Rainmaker, so I usually just don't play ranked until the maps switch up.
I was excited for the idea of Rainmaker, and I did enjoy playing it. My ranking, however, did not. It's probably because Rainmaker emphasizes teamwork more than any of the other modes, and randoms are unreliable.

Anyway, after long losing bouts in ranked, I recover from the lost rating by waiting for Splat Zones on stages I like, since I can push victories more easily on those. In the meantime, I play Turf War amid the salty tears of my lost points. I went from A+ 96 to A+ 7 on a bad run of Tower Control once, and was able to push to S that day by doing this.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I am literally the opposite Rainmaker has only ranked me up!!! lmao Tower control is horrible tbh I've NEVER WON ONE!!

KeenSine

Inkling
NNID
Kitepyro
Usually when I have a bad day in splatoon, I just take a break and come back. When I am having a bad day, I tend to be hungry. Also me eating helps me recover from a bad day.

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
I was excited for the idea of Rainmaker, and I did enjoy playing it. My ranking, however, did not. It's probably because Rainmaker emphasizes teamwork more than any of the other modes, and randoms are unreliable.

Anyway, after long losing bouts in ranked, I recover from the lost rating by waiting for Splat Zones on stages I like, since I can push victories more easily on those. In the meantime, I play Turf War amid the salty tears of my lost points. I went from A+ 96 to A+ 7 on a bad run of Tower Control once, and was able to push to S that day by doing this.
Yup; I can usually climb up pretty fast in Splat Zones. Tower Control is average, and I always do the worst on Rainmaker. And I don't find it fun, either. So what's the point of doing something that's going to make you salty and that you don't even enjoy when you do win?

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
Sometimes I do switch it completely off and do something else. Other times, I just try new weapons, look at the shops again, buy weapons I don't need... Also I don't do ranked for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom