How do you sniper in skatepark?

Turnip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snowdrop12320
In all sincerity, I want to be the best sniper I can be, and on any other map I'm golden, but Skate Park trips me up every single time. Can the squidboards help me out of the dreaded C+ zone?

The N

Inkling
NNID
meruna
I have the same Problem. The new Map is also not so good for Chargers, Most of the Time i can keep one Zone safe. But if the enemy are rushing the zones and killed 2 of my mates, they approach me an I stand no chance. Dropped from my B+ to B because of that. There are to many ways to approach Chargers in this two maps.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Take the high road. My friend and captian of our squad mains chargers and he usually sticks to high areas if he can. That and also you don't need a full charge to kill ;3

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe it differs between maps. This is a general Charger tech thread. It may help you out.

Turnip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snowdrop12320
Take the high road. My friend and captian of our squad mains chargers and he usually sticks to high areas if he can. That and also you don't need a full charge to kill ;3
Does your friend have any advice on what to do about the vulnerability of all the high vantage points?

I believe it differs between maps. This is a general Charger tech thread. It may help you out.
Thanks so much! I'll go check that out.

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
I use Kelp Splatterscope, so I've got a sprinkler. I throw it on top of the tower in the middle And I go up to the same spot. This generally keeps people from reaching me and lets me do my sniping unchallenged.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Okay, so I get a solid 800-1000 points every match in turf war, and there is one difference between me and other snipers: camping.
Never stay in one place. Go in, stay low, and paint in rows exactly side by side. I usually go either right or left and paint the hallways, and then I rotate between perches before I get low again with the default charger. It is pretty fun to go to enemy sides as well. :)

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Does your friend have any advice on what to do about the vulnerability of all the high vantage points?

Thanks so much! I'll go check that out.
Sorry for double post, forgot to quote you. I do not play in the style that all the other chargers play. Staying at one place at once leaves you vulnerable. As a charger you wanna keep moving if you are in danger. If using the e-liter, you can have some serious juking capabilities with he burst bombs.
Sorry for double post, but may times, that is exactly why

EarthBoundEnigma

Inkster Jr.
Don't neglect the low ground advantage. Because of the ink physics, high ground isn't as safe as you'd expect. Ink rains down from shots directed from below. Shooting down from above has a blind spot below a certain angle where you're just shooting your feet and can't return fire without hopping and being even more vulnerable. Snipe from behind walls, snipe from low positions, and cut off pathways with partially charged shots.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm not sure how to use the chargers altogether, honestly. I'd say try to go for areas that are narrow, or that can hit the tower easily.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
mess around on the map and find out the biggest firing lines with the fewest flanks to them. High ground doesn't mean as much as you might expect, though it doesn't usually hurt, yet you're very vulnerable on top of that cylinder thing. No random will keep a reliable pressure line for you, so just trying to stay on the areas that ave the fewest areas to approach and the longest lines, preferably over at least one zone (I believe the skatepart has two if I'm not mistaken). the shooters will also hopefully make it naturally hard to approach by standing around the zone.

If they actually move up to some chokes and decide not to be **** after getting the zone, go up to the chokes behind them and take advantage of the pressure area they're trying to create. just peer down at the map every now and then to see if someone is coming your way from somewhere else, and be ready to run away.

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
I admit I camp a bit, but I still regularly score ~800-100 points.Whenever there's some downtime between the enemy team trying to come back over, I just sorta shoot around to cover some ground, or move my camping spot closer to the enemy team spawn.

ChivalRuse

Inkster Jr.
The tower is a reasonable vantage point to use temporarily. It's not easy to approach, but it's easy to siege, and it's already a prime target, being in the center of the map. You should only stay there briefly to pick off one or two stragglers. Than you should vacate ASAP. I find that anywhere on the map that is not near the center is pretty good as long as you have an adjacent wall for cover.

Turnip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snowdrop12320
Okay, so I get a solid 800-1000 points every match in turf war, and there is one difference between me and other snipers: camping.
Never stay in one place. Go in, stay low, and paint in rows exactly side by side. I usually go either right or left and paint the hallways, and then I rotate between perches before I get low again with the default charger. It is pretty fun to go to enemy sides as well. :)
This is pretty brilliant. I had a feeling that the high ground wasn't the end-all-be-all of sniperhood. In Saltspray maybe, but on skatepark and underpass, the high ground is often way too vulnerable. I'll have to learn how to move and snipe. Thanks for the tip!

The tower is a reasonable vantage point to use temporarily. It's not easy to approach, but it's easy to siege, and it's already a prime target, being in the center of the map. You should only stay there briefly to pick off one or two stragglers. Than you should vacate ASAP. I find that anywhere on the map that is not near the center is pretty good as long as you have an adjacent wall for cover.
I hadn't considered abandoning the tower while it was still in our control. Pretty smart actually, to avoid drawing too much attention. Thanks!

mess around on the map and find out the biggest firing lines with the fewest flanks to them. High ground doesn't mean as much as you might expect, though it doesn't usually hurt, yet you're very vulnerable on top of that cylinder thing. No random will keep a reliable pressure line for you, so just trying to stay on the areas that ave the fewest areas to approach and the longest lines, preferably over at least one zone (I believe the skatepart has two if I'm not mistaken). the shooters will also hopefully make it naturally hard to approach by standing around the zone.

If they actually move up to some chokes and decide not to be **** after getting the zone, go up to the chokes behind them and take advantage of the pressure area they're trying to create. just peer down at the map every now and then to see if someone is coming your way from somewhere else, and be ready to run away.
Balancing looking at the field, the players, and the gamepad is definitely difficult, but it seems like the key to mastering the safe zones on the map. Thanks for the advice!

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Hey No problem! The charger is very underrated. I am just glad other share using it. Offensive strategy>Defense imo

Turnip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snowdrop12320
The main reason I hate the middle tower is because most of the action is happening below you, where the sniper can't see/hit.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
but like, where else do you snipe? if yoy and your team arent ****ing around yall shuld be good
Anywhere away from other players where you have a decent view of the map and have a good escape route. I like to go to the most immeadiate entrance and stay around there if anyone comes close or stations themselves on the tower. If my team has pushed the other team back far enough, I accommodate the tower. Blackbelly Skatepark isn't the best map for the charger because the lack of secure high ground and long straight paths but still you can put in your work and become a valuable asset to your team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom