• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How do you stay in one rank?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Heck if I know, I jump all through A+ to S+! ;P

It's a pretty normal thing for me, when I get salty from a big drop, I stop and listen to some musique, sometimes sing and dance.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
I ALMOST had a S+ again, but EVERYTIME that I am about to reach 99, I lose! I hate when a coincidence happens!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Welp, since you said you use chargers, I'll help you out. I'm what they call a sniper pro, I'm currently S+ 99 and I use every scoped charger there is, plus I've been playing since August 2015, so I guess you could say I'm kind of experienced.

Using a charger is about being the defender and guardian angel of your team. With your one hit kill and long range, you can demolish anything, before it even touches you. So your job is to pick people off of the objective and disrupt the enemy team whilst you do this. However, you are extremely slow and vulnerable, so stay back away from the action. Because your job is to get rid of the nerds trying to kill your allies. Your job should NEVER be in the front lines, as you have the range to deal with them. And as a sniper, you are probably the most valuable weapon on the team, as it checks pretty much everything in the game that doesn't reach it's range.

Still those are "ideal" situations, and most of the time while you play ranked, you're not going to have that. So, you'll most likely have to deal with these threats:

Other Snipers::wst_charge_normalscp00::wst_charge_normalscp01::wst_charge_longscp01::wst_charge_longscp00:These guys match your range or maybe surpass it. Sniper 1 on 1 matchups are always a matter of who gets the better angle. So, techniques such as right side peeking and jump shotting are extremely useful here, allowing you to charge up your shot and get the shot off while taking some cover, so the other charger can't get you back. But if it's E-Liter vs Splatterscope, as a splatterscope try to be aggressive against an E-liter, as being defensive will get you killed moving you inside the E-Liter's range, but if you are far away, you don't get the shot.

Inkzooka::inkzooka: This thing is a HUGE threat to you, as it has the range of a non-scoped E-liter and the trademark 1 shot, with no charge time. Not to mention, this goes over cover if you're just away from the wall. So, when you hear this thing, TAKE COVER. Don't try to retailate back unless you got a great angle to shoot the inkzooka with. Still, remember that the inkzooka is barely out-ranged by the E-liter scope, so if you recognize they're just out of their range, take the shot. Most of the time, people with weapons that like to flank and be offensive carry this around just for the sniper. So, if they see you out in the open, they'll pull out the inkzooka and kill you without much warning beforehand. So, if you see :wst_roller_compact00: :wst_shot_normal01: :wst_shot_expshort00:
with glowing heads, keep an eye out on them.

Blasters: :wst_shot_explight00::wst_shot_explong01: :wst_shot_explight01:
These guys are threating because they can damage you behind cover and some can reach high ledges to really annoy you. Not to mention the grim can burst cancel you so, if the grim gets the bomb and blast off, you're dead before you even know it. Not to mention, the rapid pro has some good range, not sniper range, but great range for a blaster who can shoot around a corner. Also, if you were to get in a close ranged fight against one, they can win the gunfight by simply spacing themselves optimally, or they can just direct you before you get the chance to charge.

Try to stay alive and counter your threats, hope you found this helpful.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
I did:) and it seems like when you finally get to the good part of your rank, they(the server) starts messing up! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom