• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How does one act like a "Medic" in Splatoon?

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
I want to be able to support my team with either a push, or if they're in trouble. What weapon and gear is good for that? How should I play?

Hyper Librarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ErazDod
Keeping the "Medic" idea in mind, you could use a weapon with the Bubbler special, which would be the Classic Squiffer, Rapid Blaster, Custom Blaster, or Splattershot Jr. The Custom Blaster has a Point Sensor as a sub weapon, so that could be useful if you would want to focus on helping your allies track enemies and bubbling them. The other three weapons are more on the offensive side with the Classic Squiffer and Splattershot Jr. having Splat Bombs as a sub and the Rapid Blaster having Ink Mines, so you could use either of the last two if you wanted to play more close range than a charger allows.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
you don't, really. There's no way to heal teammates (and they heal pretty fast on their own anyway). There are some support roles, but none of them really fit the idea of a 'medic'

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
you don't, really. There's no way to heal teammates (and they heal pretty fast on their own anyway). There are some support roles, but none of them really fit the idea of a 'medic'
Yeah, just looking for some ideas though

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Ok, just keep in mind that support isn't really my strong suit so I may be giving you some faulty advice.

there are some things that are very obviously used for support. stuff like squid beakons and point sensors. But support is more than that. it's about controlling the map so that your team is in the best advantage. ink through enemy corridors so that the opposing team will have to stop and re-ink it when they want to go through. likewise, make sure your team's routes aren't blocked. If you can quickly get to high ground, go up and relay enemy locations to your team (don't go too far out of your way, and don't stay out of the action very long). The thing about support in this game is that you still have to be confronting the enemy very often. In other games you may be able to avoid conflict as support, but you really can't do that in this game without severely hurting your team

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, aside of shooting at the ground near your allies in case they're stuck on enemy ink, there's no real way to "heal" allies. However, there's plenty of ways to support, like keeping the atention of snipers while others push or throwing Disruptors/Point Sensors/Splash Walls to help them out. Another trick I use is harass the enemy with my Inkstrikes by dropping them behind their position, which can potentially force them to move towards my allies (or splat them if they don't move/notice it). It's all about being creative :ability_defenseup:

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Play your role. Your role is based upon your weapon choice.

Roles differ based on game, turf war, tower control, rainmaker splat zone all different.

Probably if I had to choose a weapon and strategy it would be to use a longer range weapon that has echo, beakons, or wail, hang back and defend your turf. Don't let anyone get behind you. Bubbler is so short that it is more useful to scare off an enemy where you are one on one. You have to be really good to use longer range weapons because you'd be better off inking and killing with an easier weapon than only getting 2 or 3 kills and 300p with a charger.

Stick with your team. If they divide up follow your better teammate or a weapon that is the opposite of yours.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
A few support weapons I can think of, off the top of my head... Custom Blaster, Forge SS Pro, Range Blaster and the Dynamo. These weapons can also carry as well, but they certainly function well as support weapons.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Depending on map, use the vanilla jet squelcher or the heavy splatling. They both have great range, splash walls, and ink strikes. This means they are good at suppression fire, cutting off enemies who are engaged with your team, pushing snipers out of position, and covering turf quickly.

Anything with range can be a good support weapon. It allows you to have better visibility and take opponents out who are trying to flank your teammates. Also consider weapons with echolocator and squid beacons to expose the enemy and allow your team to quickly return to the front lines.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
A few support weapons I can think of, off the top of my head... Custom Blaster, Forge SS Pro, Range Blaster and the Dynamo. These weapons can also carry as well, but they certainly function well as support weapons.
That's quite interesting since I actually have played with Gold Dynamo Roller for a while now

Silvaitos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Silvaitos
I like this question a lot.

I agree that the point sensor/bubbler sets have some clerical feel, especially with how the bubbler really can save your team's life. This is both classic squiffer and custom blaster, not just the blaster! Classic squiffer DOES have point sensor, not splat bomb. Blaster might be best since it lets toy be a little closer to the action and more able to bubble people. Blasters are also efficient at giving teammates patches of ink to move in.

Other than that, splash walls have excellent protective qualities. Killer wails and inkstrikes are good for controlling space.

WAIT. I thought of something. Sprinklers are a good healing stream in terms of territory control which sounds really medicy now that I think about it. The .96 gal has a sprinkler and echolocator, a long reach and strong inking just from the gun. Could be a beautiful pick for a support minded individual.

Just a few thoughts. I believe you can find a way to be a medic!

Last edited:

WrongShoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hhhhsu
One big supporting thing you can do is ink under a teammate stuck in enemy ink.

Hyper Librarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ErazDod
I like this question a lot.

I agree that the point sensor/bubbler sets have some clerical feel, especially with how the bubbler really can save your team's life. This is both classic squiffer and custom blaster, not just the blaster! Classic squiffer DOES have point sensor, not splat bomb. Blaster might be best since it lets toy be a little closer to the action and more able to bubble people. Blasters are also efficient at giving teammates patches of ink to move in.

Other than that, splash walls have excellent protective qualities. Killer wails and inkstrikes are good for controlling space.

WAIT. I thought of something. Sprinklers are a good healing stream in terms of territory control which sounds really medicy now that I think about it. The .96 gal has a sprinkler and echolocator, a long reach and strong inking just from the gun. Could be a beautiful pick for a support minded individual.

Just a few thoughts. I believe you can find a way to be a medic!

Does Classic Squiffer have a point sensor? According the wiki, it says that it has Splat Bomb and Bubbler.
I agree that the sprinklers are good support subs, especially if you can get them onto a high wall so that they're out of range from enemy ink and are still able to cover an area. I've found that they're pretty useful in Splat Zones, especially with a long range weapon like the .96 Gal.

Silvaitos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Silvaitos
Does Classic Squiffer have a point sensor? According the wiki, it says that it has Splat Bomb and Bubbler.
I agree that the sprinklers are good support subs, especially if you can get them onto a high wall so that they're out of range from enemy ink and are still able to cover an area. I've found that they're pretty useful in Splat Zones, especially with a long range weapon like the .96 Gal.
Yes! Classic squiffers 100% have point sensor. That's an old wiki error.

Silvaitos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Silvaitos
Oooh yeah you're right, I looked on Inkipedia and it shows it having a point sensor. My mistake, sorry about that!
Nothing at all to apologize for.

Now that I think about it classic squiffer could be a great support weapon with its range but keeping you closer to friends than other sniperw. OP would be able to stay alive well and be able to provide timely support with point sensors and bubbler rushes. So it's good too.

Hyper Librarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ErazDod
Nothing at all to apologize for.

Now that I think about it classic squiffer could be a great support weapon with its range but keeping you closer to friends than other sniperw. OP would be able to stay alive well and be able to provide timely support with point sensors and bubbler rushes. So it's good too.
Yep, and you could also pair it with Special Charge Ups or Ink Saver(Sub) abilities to increase the frequency of both sub and main abilities, if you wanted to replace the Damage Up buffs that a lot of chargers normally go with.

Silvaitos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Silvaitos
Yep, and you could also pair it with Special Charge Ups or Ink Saver(Sub) abilities to increase the frequency of both sub and main abilities, if you wanted to replace the Damage Up buffs that a lot of chargers normally go with.
Good point. Special duration could be clutch too for a support bubbler.

Though, pound for pound, sub saver can be lame since the % bonus is small. Main saver might be better so their shooting leaves plenty of ink for sensors or whatevs.

Hyper Librarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ErazDod
True. I'm not too familiar with the exact percentages for Sub Saver since I tend to go more for mobility with my play style, but I agree that Main Saver would definitely be beneficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom