• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How Effective Will the Kraken be?

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
How effective will the Kraken special ability be? It can be very useful for charging into the enemy base, and apparently breaks the Bubbler shield. What do you guys think about it?

Osha

Full Squid
NNID
Oshawatt
Not at all, it's huge and noticeable, so backing off is an easy task if you see one approaching. I do wonder if the Disruptor affects it though. I mean, it's an easy way to get some turf but it doesn't last enough to be a killing weapon unless you catch someone off-guard.

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
I think it has potential to be devastating if the other team is crowded up. But I think it will be used a lot like the bubbler since you will use it to escape a dangerous situation / turn it into your favor.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Remember guys the objective of the game isn't to rack up kils, its to gain territory. Having your team claim territory behind you while you force your opponents back may end up being a very powerful strategy even if it isn't out right landing you 4 kills every time you use it.

I'd like to see how long the Kraken lasts with the Super duration up gear versus without it.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I don't think it's good
I will probably not use it

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Behind the Bubbler, this is the one I've like the most from playing against other people.
...I couldn't figure out how to deal damage when I tried using it though. Is it just from jumping?

Setu

I basically feel like it's the bubble with an offensive side and is shorter. Pretty good for spawn camping if you ask me.

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
I basically feel like it's the bubble with an offensive side and is shorter. Pretty good for spawn camping if you ask me.
Ahh spawn camping, my favourite part of any shooter

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
If it's true that the Kraken trumps the Bubble then I can see someone letting the Kraken loose during a huge bubble push, of course that's more likely to happen in Splat Zones when everyone is packed together, but I think it has it's uses!

novel

Inkster Jr.
its the same speed as any default squid tough, so you can retreat safely

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
I like the Kraken, but I always back off when I see one. It moves pretty fast so slower players (slow roller players lol) could easily get smashed by it. It's like an offensive bubbler, but with more squid.

Shower thoughts edit: Combined with speed boost gear, the Kraken could wreck havoc by outspeeding other players. That I'd like to see.

Last edited:

Noventia

Inkster Jr.
I consider the kraken superior to the bubbler. The only downside is the bubbler is put on nearby teammates and the kraken doesn't. Also it cant go in enemy ink. However it is faster, instakills and looks awesome.(that's a good reason right?)

Chris

Full Squid
NNID
MutedSound1111
The kraken is probably the best special, as it can be used offensively and defensively. Especially for guarding places like the top of saltwater rig

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Ok I take what I said back
It's really really powerful I don't even know how to deal with those

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It is amazing, but I prefer the Inkzooka and Inkstriker over the kraken, personally.

Burruni

Inkling
I love the Kraken and is my special weapon of choice.

Namely because it compliments the roller who naturally has a lack of range better than the Bubbler and retains a massive amount of pressure if you're chasing someone down with it.

The fact is that you can kite around it and if you aren't fairly close when you pop it, you won't get much done. But it's amazing for a counter-ambush and naturally leaves that trail of ink which gives you that nice bit of ink coverage while you go on your 5 second rampage.

Life

Senior Squid
Kraken is good only when used intelligently, i.e. using the invincibility to prevent your own death or getting the drop on someone. It's easily kited, especially against opponents that know how to shift cancel because doing so lets them swim faster over terrain.

That said, it has potential as a zoning special. Force your opponents to run while your team takes top on Satlspray, for instance. And because it isn't stationary like Killer Wail and Inkstrike, you can correct the attack midway through, so it'll probably be a touch easier to get kills with.

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
I finally got my own Krak-On today, and jeez it is good. It's great for forcing a path into the enemy spawn area and scattering them while letting your team make a quick dash inwards. I also popped a Bubbler while using it, wasn't there an argument if Kraken pops bubbles or not? 'Cause someone popped theirs and it smashed when I made contact. And they did to. lololol

I do like the Inkzooka but the invincibility + ink path is really good.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
It's pretty good. I'd say dont use it for kills though. I'd ue it for escaping. You are pretty much invincible. I don't use it because I don't have it on any gun I like so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom