How I Achieved S+........

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
A good rotation is definitely key, whatever your best mode is I'd try to get as many consecutive wins as possible during that rotation. How to deal with Dynamo's is you stay out of their way and wait for an opportunity to take them out which is normally after they swing since it takes almost a full second for them to swing a second time which leaves them very vulnerable. Staying behind a wall/obstacle while shooting them also helps quite a bit. Octobrush's? Well all I can say is just use a higher sensitivity since most brushes will either be behind you or above you which makes them very annoying to deal with, I'm still learning how to deal with them but I find using their own trick against them works the best so try to stay aware and get behind him, never let them have the first hit. -2 works for me with any weapon I use so if you need to start somewhere I'd suggest to start there.
Thanks! I'm a Octobrush and Gold Dynamo user, as you mentioned being a Tentatek user the way you succed against them is the way I have to be aware.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Ok, take a break then. S+ isn't going away any time soon. Just take your time and get wins at a pace that suits you. Set a small goal for yourself and complete that goal instead of looking for the S+ straight up.
Ya I decided to do so once I reached 70. Wanted to end that day on a win, but I had a feeling that it might go down more.

Anyways I just reached S+ today!
image.jpeg

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Cool, Lol. But seriously I'm curious as to what weapon you used to get to S+?
Bruh, I don't play even close to consistently enough to be S+. I'm just a measly A rank. But at least I'm an A rank who can sleep at night, you feel? At least - being an l-3 main, and not .96 gal cancer- my parents still love me, y'know?

Jrocketdoc

Inkling
NNID
Jrocketdoc
Bruh, I don't play even close to consistently enough to be S+. I'm just a measly A rank. But at least I'm an A rank who can sleep at night, you feel? At least - being an l-3 main, and not .96 gal cancer- my parents still love me, y'know?
A rank?! Thats cool. Later.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I don't agree .96 gal life's easy, I can't handle one properly. You had your effort and should recognize it.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
My splatoon rank was S yesterday, then A+, then S, then A+ again... your attitude's in you, not in your rank.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I think the message here, which many people are missing, is getting to S+ is mainly a mental change, not a mechanical one. I feel this way, since I also experienced what the OP did, that changing my approach, not really basics, like aim, movement, etc. Helped me get over that last hurdle into S+.

It is really the full understanding that Splatoon is a team game, and playing that way. Most S+ TC and Rainmaker games require almost wiping the other team before any push is made.

The message here is improve your mental game to get to S+, you don't need to doubt your skills, rather doubt your plays, your approaches, did you wait to push with your whole team? Things like that. This is why recording yourself is so useful, if you can do so, then you can plainly see these mistakes, and ask things like "why did I jump down there, when I knew my team was dead, and there were likely multiple enemies there?"

ArliBarli

Inkling
NNID
wraggeth
Congrats on reaching S+ :)
Do you have any tips for the hell ranks that are B+ / A-? I'm really struggling to progress, I'm just yoyoing through both ranks. :(

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Congrats on reaching S+ :)
Do you have any tips for the hell ranks that are B+ / A-? I'm really struggling to progress, I'm just yoyoing through both ranks. :(
It's really hard to give advice to improve over the internet, since people can't really see how you play (unless you have video of your matches). Different people need to work on different things to get out of those ranks, so at the very least you need to post some more info like what weapons you main, maybe the problems you find yourself having in matches, etc. for people to be able to help you unfortunately.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I have played to S 80 at my highest, reached S at least three times on alternate files, and I can say, this is both a team game and a personal game.

I'm in A on my current alt, and it is almost as brutal as S at times. You have to support your team, but your team will usually be very bad. I try to be a team player, but I don't always do that well. You can usually win if you know what to do though.

I can completely agree that the trip from S to S+ is mental, because I haven't done it yet. I'm still trying, but you need to take small steps. If you get frustrated, take a break and come back later, it really helps. Congrats on reaching S+, hope to see you guys soon. ^v^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom