• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How is everyone maintaining their sanity???

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
If you don't value your time over the next week, find something you enjoy that's a grind-y time sink. In my case, Disgaea 5 :p
Oh I saw the hours you have sunk into that game! You should be ashamed!! (But seriously...don't be XD)

After 110 hours, even the harder difficulty and very minor differences can't suck me back into BotW. I have explored every inch of that map once...and it may be a year or two before I feel like doing it again o.o

About to head into my last shift before the splat fest. Just gotta survive those 8 hours, then come home and twiddle my thumbs while doing 360's off the skate ramps in squid form in the square ='(

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh I saw the hours you have sunk into that game! You should be ashamed!! (But seriously...don't be XD)

After 110 hours, even the harder difficulty and very minor differences can't suck me back into BotW. I have explored every inch of that map once...and it may be a year or two before I feel like doing it again o.o

About to head into my last shift before the splat fest. Just gotta survive those 8 hours, then come home and twiddle my thumbs while doing 360's off the skate ramps in squid form in the square ='(
Yeah, definitely find a time sink. I have a friend who's dumped 1800 hours into the first game and even he isn't that fidgety :P

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Yeah, definitely find a time sink. I have a friend who's dumped 1800 hours into the first game and even he isn't that fidgety :p
I think you just low key told me I have a problem X'D Unfortunately it comes with my addictive personality. I have other hobbies, but when it comes to games, I find ONE and I play it until it hurts haha (while merely dabbling in the other games). WoW lasted a good 7 or 8 years...traded that in for OW...kinda thinking splatoon 2 will be next.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Never before has 8 days felt like such a short and long wait to me. On one hand, it feels like just yesterday when we saw the first footage of Splatoon 2 in the Switch reveal trailer, but on the other, it's still e i g h t d a y s until it arrives. BotW's DLC has been keeping me occupied for the past two weeks, and Max Brass's release has pulled me back into ARMS a bit, but like Kabel said, it just feels dissatisfying to play any game that isn't Splatoon 2 right now, lol.

Thankfully we at least have the Splatfest to look forward to on Saturday, but I'm even a bit anxious for that since the time span it falls on is usually the part of the day when my internet gets a bit... finicky, so I just hope I don't DC too much-- for both my own sake and that of Team Ice Cream! Thankfully I have a new Switch LAN Adapter arriving in the mail that day that will hopefully help mitigate that issue. I just need the actual game to come out so I can stop thinking about this stuff and have fun :D

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
I'm trying to maintain cause I don't even have a Switch. ;A; All I can do is just look at the Direct and some screenshots/gameplay and hope I can convince my parents to get a Switch and the game for my birthday next month, but even then I might just have to wait longer.

It sucks. ;;

CHuG

Inkling
NNID
SW711079661515
I do think we should have at least been able to continue to screw around in the tutorial area...I am kind of hoping that new construction stuff patched into the square gives us SOMETHING to do in the days leading to the full launch, but I am probably giving my hopes up there.
Allowing us to play SquidBeats would have been acceptable

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
I realllly want to play the game! I will be playing nonstop as soon as I get it. I don't have a headset for voice chat yet, but I do have the game reserved and already paid for at Game Stop. I am hoping they do a midnight release but either way I will be there 30 mins ahead of time.

I can't wait!

Momo

Inkling
NNID
cyan-greene
Playing lots of arms, drawing and such! I need to find a splatoon discord sometime soon, it'd be nice to have some people to talk about the hype with

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
It's been a hard week on my office, time went really fast. I'm few hours away from the japanese Splatfest! I can't be happier!

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
I mean, I have a 40 hour work week so a lot of the week goes by fast enough. For the rest, there's still Splat 1 practices and PB's with others. gotta stay sharp for Splatoon 2, no slacking off and letting your skills get rusty!

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Work helps pass the time a bunch, plus I got other games to play. Not as hyped for Splatoon 2 as I was for Splatoon 1, but that is most likely because I know what to expect from the game this time around.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
I have 5 days to reach level 50 and ideally rank S+. Strangely once the majority of the playerbase buggered off to play the splatfest. I suddenly had better teammates that actually cooperated and I broke rank A.

More events Nintendo! Keep the plebs busy so I can make proper progress (dear god the ability to finally do something besides play horde mode is wonderful, I got to actually practice stuff like flanking!)

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Simple.

By knowing that you'll probably never get to play it in the near future. :D

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
I've been listening to Ebb & Flow (Off the Hooks) [sample] - Splatoon 2 Music Extended on Youtube and imagining playing the game!

..if you could see me dancing around like a maniac, you maybe would guess I am not maintaining my sanity!

Marxally

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marxally
Since my life is a boring routine, I'll turn my mind off and just do what I do everyday until friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom