• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How much Spyke charges..

Sisi

Inkling
I'm generally confused about this. When you order something from Spyke, is it generally close to the price it would be in shop? Or does he rip you off hardcore?

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
I have a feeling he rips us off hardcore. My 2 star hat costed me 10,000. I think that's the set price for everything.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
It's a pretty big mark up, but you can order gear with the perks already unlocked, which can save you some trouble if you don't want to grind out the exp to unlock perks.

Wrog

Senior Squid
I'm generally confused about this. When you order something from Spyke, is it generally close to the price it would be in shop? Or does he rip you off hardcore?
I need to experiment more on this, expect results soon.
I only really order 3 star gear from him, and the 2 I've bought so far have been 15,000. So maybe one star gear is 5,000.

praline

I'm ready!
I ordered a 3 stat jacket from him and it was 30000. I didn't buy it obviously.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
His prices are extremely fair for ordered gear. They come already unlocked. so If you were to buy something that was 2,000 and it had 2 additional item slots, the first one I think takes 2,000 and the second one takes 6,000. But sometimes some gear takes more. So your 2,000 gear actually costs 10,000 when fully upgraded. You need about 10,000 points. Like his prices are exceptional sometimes. I bought some headsets, that have 2 unlockable perks, for 5,000.

He is probably the most fair vendor of all vendors lol. In fact, extremely fair. You don't ever have to play a game with a single perk from any gear you get from spyke. It's already maxed out, So obtaining more money with gear you just got from him, is easier than gear from any other vendor other than the weapons guy.

His 30,000 price tag for sea snails, is fair as well. If you are any good. it should take around an hour. It takes less than 30 games to accumulate 30g. Even less if you got the end of the day pay out. I get about as much cash as I do points. At least 1000 a game.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
speaking of sea snails, when does that option unlock? I haven't gotten the option yet. im level 10 as is.

Sisi

Inkling
I paid 30,000 for a 3 star jacket. It looks cool and is practical. I've already made back 24,000 of it! Not bad if ya ask me. I'm just worried how much the Pilot Goggles I ordered are gonna be..

Wrog

Senior Squid
speaking of sea snails, when does that option unlock? I haven't gotten the option yet. im level 10 as is.
In the direct the person is level 11, I don't know though. I am also level 10.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
In the direct the person is level 11, I don't know though. I am also level 10.
Level 20. They cost 30,000 Use them to upgrade or Re-roll Tier 3 gear.

going from level 19 to level 20 takes 30,000 points, so expect it to take that long. Less if you get better.

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
I ordered 3 star shoes from Spyke and he wants 50k for them. They don't even have everything unlocked.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Spyke's orders do not come with abilities unlocked, dunno where anyone're getting that from. It's a ripoff once you've leveled up and shops are selling plenty of 3-star gear, but when you're starting out you might have to just take what you can get and consider it a shortcut.

arny

Inkling
Bought a jungle hat today for 30k from him (3 stars) I think he charges around 3x the usual price, at least from my experience. 2 abilities were pre-unlocked

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I never paid attention but did the people you ordered it off of have all their perks unlocked. @ anyone who bought stuff that wasn't unlocked.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Spyke's orders do not come with abilities unlocked, dunno where anyone're getting that from. It's a ripoff once you've leveled up and shops are selling plenty of 3-star gear, but when you're starting out you might have to just take what you can get and consider it a shortcut.
He mentions somewhere that the lesser perks might not match the originals, which would be referring to how they sometimes come with perks unlocked.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
My first piece of 3 star gear just came in. The one I originally ordered from had all perks unlocked, but the one Spyke offered me has nothing unlocked and costs 15k. The same item is in my standard shop for 12k, so it's not that much more. I guess it's just random whether or not the order Spyke gets for you has abilities unlocked, and it seems he charges you more if he offers you something with perks unlocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom