• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 How often is it worth it to hop on the tower

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Actually, they changed this in splatoon 2.
The tower no longer moves faster the more squids are on it.
Now, having more squids on tower clears checkpoints faster.

I'd link the video showing this, but I can't remember where it is xP

EDIT: Well at the very least here's the inkipedia page saying the same thing.
Info on here is only added with video proof and/or hard numbers dug up from the game files. ( no video on the page, but the website is dang reputable)
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Tower_Control#Splatoon_2
Well, that's kind of harsh of Nintendo. They don't give you rewards for levelling up, the ranking system is twice as difficult; so why did they have to get rid of that technique? :(

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Also, the ranking system in splat 2 is much easier to rank up in due checkpoints and not needing more then a 50/50 win rating per se.

As for removing the technique, it does discourage camping even more and standing on the tower becomes a big high-risk high-reward consideration bringing more depth overall imo.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
( no video on the page, but the website is dang reputable)
Well hey, remember it’s a wiki that anyone can write to, so just be careful with how much you trust it. But yeah, it is a good source of info

TeaSquiid

Inkling
There's honestly some pretty good examples on here. The biggest point I guess I'd make is, you don't ALWAYS need to be on the tower. Tower can be tricky, especially on ranked. Not many people ever want to get on the tower because they don't want to die. If you brave up and get on, pay attention to your teammates, and the people around, you can often get a decent way. Watch the enemy team as well, if they're 2 teammates down then often times that's a good time to push. Try to fight for the tower before getting on, and when enemies re-spawn, play a bit more defensively. Don't HUG the tower, but definitely do your best to keep it's current placing if you can, and try your best to get any possible teammates to help get on the tower or push it as well if you can't. tapping "this way" sometimes can really be useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom