I absolutely, 100% cannot aim. What role can I play?

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Best we exclude the brushes, because I have no idea how to close in on opponents, who seem to be psychic every game.

I just can't aim, even at point blank. And after years of trying with other games, I doubt I ever will be able to aim. What role can I fit in this game as a result? I really don't want to quit just yet.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Roller, do have somewhat range (especially with vertical swing [jump > attack]) and doesn't require that much of aiming skills.

Is also viable at all modes.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Rollers, Aerospray and Brushes. Are you using motion controls or stick?

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Which control settings do you use? Stick or gyro?

I'd say it's best if you slowly approach how to learn to aim, and I think the Aerospray is great for that. You will be both useful and you can slowly learn how to land kills with shooters and gain a better feeling for accuracy.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
My choice would be the rapid blaster. It shoots far and fast, and direct hits aren't required. You won't be in danger often. But realistically, everything in this game is about aim. You will only improve through practice, and the issue with using a blaster to practice is that you may end up settling on low accuracy because of indirect hits.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Brushes hardly require aim. Unlike Rollers, they don't even have a limited range attack, and are essentially the closest thing you'll get to a melee weapon in Splatoon. You just need to be good at button mashing, patience, and ink conservation.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Like everyone's said, Rollers and Brushes are likely your best bet. My aim was far from good in the first game due my eyesight and other things, and these two weapon types became my mains. I would start with roller, then move onto brush- Reason being that Brushes tend to be a little more tricky to use than most rollers.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Play stealth or support. Use a brush to maneuver the map. If you see someone struggling to take out another team member, sneak up on em and SPLAT! Make sure the other team is nowhere around though. If that doesn't work, simply play turf wars and avoid contact with players as much as possible. Try to get the wins, not the kills.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I have the same problem, but I opt for sloshers and blasters instead. The tri-slosher is a great deterrent; even if you don't get a splat, you force opponents to turn around and find another avenue of approach. And the rapid blaster is great when you can infer or guess where an opponent is but they don't have line-of-sight to you, forcing them to again just panic and run or stay and die a lot of the time. I personally find that the new rollers are very hard to make the best use of, since you still have to aim, plus you need to anticipate where your opponent is going to be a lot.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Brushes hardly require aim. Unlike Rollers, they don't even have a limited range attack, and are essentially the closest thing you'll get to a melee weapon in Splatoon. You just need to be good at button mashing, patience, and ink conservation.
Thinking about it, you're right about the inkbrush hardly requiring aim. It's one of favorite weapons and the only downside was my finger getting really hurt after spamming the attack button. (geez those buttons are much harder the Wii U gamepad's buttons.

Reactions: the

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Tri-Slosher, before it'll get nerfed! All you have to do is double tap ZR and watch everything die.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Which control settings do you use? Stick or gyro?

I'd say it's best if you slowly approach how to learn to aim, and I think the Aerospray is great for that. You will be both useful and you can slowly learn how to land kills with shooters and gain a better feeling for accuracy.
I've got Dual Sticks mode as I have to play lying down, and the gyro hates that : p

Arky_Lynx

Inkling
NNID
Arceale
Switch Friend Code
SW-7930-4097-5703
You may not aim well, but if you can predict your enemies' movement, sloshers work very well, specially the Tri-slosher.

Swappage

Inkling
NNID
Rampage
my suggestion is just:
- practice to aim (even in the weapon practice zone)
- swallow a lot of bitter pain, get killed a lot and get frustrated
- persist

then you'll learn aiming and the game will be way more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom