• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I keep getting assists with one-shot weapons

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
So I snipe someone with a Splatterscope, get that ever-satisfying CHINK of a one-shot, and somehow it registers as an assist?

It's not just the Splatterscope either; I've had similar problems with the Flingza, and I think it's happened with Splat Bombs a few times (though those are obviously less cut and dry).

I think it must be because someone else shot them on the same frame, but you'd think one-shot weapons would take precedent in these situations.

Does anyone else get this problem?

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Sounds like lag, something which I’ve (thankfully) been missing recently. You could have fired the shot, but then your png spring up so that the central server didn’t know what to do.
Just a hunch.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
This happens to me all the time, just because your opponent died to your teammate just then and there, but didn't register that they were dead yet.

It's mostly a matter of if your opponent is in the middle of "dying" or just so happens to be dead. And the other answer can be summed up in three letters. L A G

It's most likely the 1st reason, but if it happens all the time throughout one match, I'd call the lag card on that.

Infin

Inkling
NNID
Infin
Switch Friend Code
SW-6895-6122-3705
then your png spring up so that the central server didn’t know what to do.
There isn't a central server though, the game is peer to peer...

I think it's just general lag that causes this to happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom