I need help for a Splatoon Fanfic I'm writing!

TheFlyingSeal

Inkling
NNID
TheFlyingSeal
Okay, so I wanted to join the bandwagon of teams with a main color and team name. I've already created a couple and designing them, choosing their weapons, what will happen, etc. Here's the thing though:

I want to do something different from Turf Wars.

I want my story to be a sort of AU where sometime in the future, there are these events called The Splat Championships. This story I'm making still have Splatfests and normal Turf Wars, but I figured that having a tournament would be a better setting for these teams to form. So my overall question is...what should the TSC have? I know it's going to be a standard Turf War, but I don't want it to be just that.

I want something that needs serious training and cooperation. Something that really required the need to make a TEAM. Should I add Ranked battles into the mix? Something completely different? How would it be laid out? One Turf War and one Ranked each day before the next rotation?? pls help.

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
A ranked Turf War would be cool imo. Basically Turf Wars, rotating maps every match, and the results are ranked. Through in Rainmaker every few matches too to spice it up a little.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but what I'm guessing you're asking is how to "raise the stakes" to create a need for cooperation/team forming?
Or are you just asking how to make the competition line-up interesting?

In the case of the later, I think ranked games are a must.

Anyways, if you want to raise the stakes, add consequence. I think about robotics leagues (or probably another sport) and having competition structure where if you win a smaller bracket, you can go up to the next level of until you get to the highest level of a competition. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom