• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I need help to get out of B+!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Whenever I think I'll reach A- again I start losing all the matches because the damn players don't follow me on the tower or protect me with the rainmaker

I've been stuck for weeks on B+ and even fell to B and B- :( I'm not a bad player, I usually carry my team most of times but they're all dumb and clueless

Please understand

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
See, I started playing few minute and I already dropped to B+ 28, I had 72 points!

AJ 2.0

Inkling
NNID
AbbeyBominable
I went from B- 99 to B- 4 in one evening b/c of disconnections smh

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Trust me when I say this, B+ is easily the hardest rank to get out of. There are many A- players who have lost too many games in a row and gonne back down to B+. What helped me get out of B+, was finding a ranked mode that you excel at, and try to play only that. It helped me get to A+, and it should help you.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Step 1: Turn on motion controls if you haven't already.

Step 1.5: Stop dying.

Step 2: Tell us what weapon you're using.

Step 2.5: Whenever you're on Tower, just use a Luna Blaster variant. It's a pretty easy weapon to use, especially in B+ rank towers. That's only if you want to take the easy route out: alternatively, you can just get better at the game.

Step 3: Start flanking. Start doing it better. Stop getting flanked. Do it better. (to be less facetious and more specific, know every map's power points, especially ones that compliment your weapon or the objective)

Step 4: Always have an escape route ready in case you get surprised.

Step 4.5: Stop dying.

Step 5: Unless your weapon is a special-oriented weapon, get to the objective as fast as possible. Don't die though.

Step 5.5: Stop dying.

Step 6: Don't stay in one place, even in splat zones. aka take the initiative, being too passive will just let the other team get the objective. But if you're whole team gets killed, don't go YOLO. Back off.

Step 6.5: Stop dying.

Step 7: Maybe you just suck with the weapon on certain maps/modes. Either train it more through grinding ranked/turf or just choose another entirely. ALSO: in B+, there's no such thing as a bad weapon (unless you use a Nozzlenose or maybe an inkbrush, but even then). There are weapons that are easier to use than others, but it's possible to find success with any weapon.

Step 7.5: If you died, think about WHY you died and how you can avoid it later.

Step 8: Stop holding grudges. Stop blaming lag. Stop blaming you're teammates. B+ is hard, but it's still possible to compensate for bad teammates. Be consistent enough where you don't have to rely on it. Be consistent enough where lag becomes less of a wild card.

Step 9: Know you're goddamn weapon (# of shots it takes to kill, how much ink your subs take up, the exact range of you're weapon, etc). Know the role of everyone else's weapon (see previous bracket). Kill weapons you can counter. Avoid like the plague any weapons that counter you. Or take the risk and surprise them.

Step 10: Get better gear. Or better yet, get gear that fits with your weapon more. Not super necessary, but it makes life easier.

I can give you more specific advice if you give your weapon and mode/map you're struggling in.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Step 11: Don't blame your teammates. Seriously, don't. Doesn't matter how badly you think someone is doing, you succeed as a team and you fail as a team. Focus on yourself and how you can improve. Sometimes a "bad" player just needs an opening to make a game-changing play, and if you can provide that, you might just win the day.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
I'm a Aerospray RG main

And I made it to A+ this afternoon with the help of another player but I'm already dropping

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Seriously I need help, I ain't going to sleep until I make to A+ again

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Sounds like you were carried to that rank by whoever you played with. Maybe you aren't ready for A+ yet.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
22 -_-

You know what.

Please ask for a moderator to close this thread and deactivate my account, I'm not coming here anymore. I dont need to deal with self absorbed players thinking they know everything and making assumptions about how I play when everyone and their mom knows the ranked mode is not fair most of time and has a lot of clueless kids and rank scums ruining the random matches. I came here looking for a good team mate cause I thought I would find one but I guess I was wrong

Peace out

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
22 -_-

You know what.

Please ask for a moderator to close this thread and deactivate my account, I'm not coming here anymore. I dont need to deal with self absorbed players thinking they know everything and making assumptions about how I play when everyone and their mom knows the ranked mode is not fair most of time and has a lot of clueless kids and rank scums ruining the random matches. I came here looking for a good team mate cause I thought I would find one but I guess I was wrong

Peace out
Sounds like you didn't read most of the stuff written here lol. Well peace out and good luck in your future endeavors.

For future reference, I'd suggest using the Aerospray MG instead the RG if you wanna stick with the Aerospray series. Seekers are typically better than ink mines and inkzooka, aside from maybe splat zones, typically has more utility than an inkstrike.

If you want to switch around to similar but better weapons (because the Aerospray series isn't really that great to be honest), try the Splattershot Jr. or any of the 'o-matic series. All are more flexible/more specialized and tend to do a better job at whatever the Aerosprays try to do.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Yes I did read your tips and thanks for that I just think people here are being rude

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Yes I did read your tips and thanks for that I just think people here are being rude
Well I don't think Dessgeega (if that's who you're alluding to) meant anything harsh, I think he's saying that maybe your A+ run was a fluke and you can learn more about your skill set if your humility is around A rank. Its always better to assume that you're worse and have to work for the next rank than to think that you deserve the next rank. In my personal experience, that's what puts me on tilt the most, thinking I deserve a rank rather than finding new ways to get to it.

Maybe this sounds a bit harsh, but it sounds like you might be having a similar problem. It's easier to see your mistakes once you take a step back. There's a quote from a professional fighting game player that made me realize this once: "How many times must you lose because of "not playing well" before you realize your bias memories of peak performances have mislead you?" A bit of a harsher way of saying it, but I still think it rings very true for every player at least once.

Hopefully this didn't come across as mean or anything, this is honest advice.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
How it was a "fluke"? I didn't just leave my team mates doing all the work and did nothing. Saying "you're not ready for A+" is like saying "you suck and should sell the game", he didn't play with me to say such thing

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah, like KayB said I didn't mean anything offensive and he did a better job of putting it into words than I did. That said, given the level of maturity on display it's probably for the best.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Too much talk and no action, I came here looking for a squad not to collect enemies

It's better if the thread is closed cause apparently people are "too cool" for non S ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom