NNID
Scizor711
I made it to S but now I'm A+ and falling down

These people don't know how to play. Get on the ****ing toweeeeeerrrrrr

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Anyone can have a display name in kana, so it doesn't really prove anything.
doesn't your Wii U have to be Japanese to do that? afaik, you can't type in kana on any western systems. i mean, yeah, you could just import one, but i don't think very many people do.

either way, doesn't really excuse the OP on that front.

@Brianstorm , i've had a lot of trouble ranking up in this game, i've spent countless hours on ranked, flipflopping between ranks, i was stuck at B+ for a SUPER long time. then i was stuck at A. i never thought i'd ever reach S, i couldn't surely reach S+... oh wait, i did! see what i'm getting at?

your rank isn't something you're intended to "beat". it isn't a game, it's a ranking system, surprisingly. if you aren't staying in your rank, chances are you're just not ready for that level of play yet. it's flawed, but the idea is so the game can match you up with players with your skill level. thats all it is. think of it more as choosing the beginner/intermediate/hard difficulty in a game, except you've got to earn it.

grab a friend or three, see if you can voice chat, and try squadding with them. you could learn a lot of valuable techniques that you can apply in solo play. watch players on twitch or youtube, look up guides (on here or the splatoon subreddit). keep an open mind and be willing to try new things: new weapons, new gear, new strategies... you can never advance if you never take the step forward. you may take some steps back but that's all a part of improving your skills, it isn't, and never will be, linear. this applies to everything, not just Splatoon!

i mean this with the best of intentions, really. i'm EXTREMELY salty, but i don't let it get to me in the long run. you might be failing because your anger is clouding your judgement, that happens to me a lot.

take a break from Splatoon, if you really can't keep a hold of your rank. you could just be burn out. do the aforementioned research while you do, and hopefully you'll come back to the game with a fresh mind and a fresh attitude (pun totally intended)!

G

girigiriHERO

I made it to S but now I'm A+ and falling down

These people don't know how to play. Get on the ****ing toweeeeeerrrrrr
EDIT: I typically would have been a lot more polite in my wording, but after seeing your replies in this thread I felt there was no need to hold back as you need a serious wake up call buddy.

I honestly don't believe you've made it to S rank, you're just saying that to try and prove something to people giving you valid advice.

Unless you're the best Aerospray player in the world, the Aerospray is all around **** for Ranked. The N-Zap '89 outclasses the RG in every aspect, the MG isn't much better either.

Saying you cover xx points in Turf War has no reflection on how good a player you are in Ranked, or even Turf Wars for that matter, quite the opposite actually. If you win with low points, it means the opposing team didn't come close to winning and you had nothing to cover, the more you cover, the more trouble the opposing team has been giving you. I was put up against a team with 2 disconnects and covered 1500 pts with my Octobrush, that means I'm amazing at Turf War? No, I stood on the spawn while they camped me and I just kept covering whatever they inked.

The only common denominator in ALL your matches is YOU, and you need to realize that. You can say other players are ****ty all day, but they have the exact same chances of getting matched with ****ty players too, there is NO WAY you are always matched up with them.

Squads are actually harder as well for 2 reasons. Firstly, with your attitude it sounds like you'd be bitching out whomever you're playing with and they wouldn't take it too lightly because they don't play the way you want them to. Secondly, if you're playing Squads you need to realize that the other teams of 2 will typically have a way of communication as well, where as in solo queue everyone is on an equal playing field.

I personally spent a LONG time in B and B+, I blazed through all of A with no trouble and I've been in S limbo (around 30-50ish points) for months now. While I main the Inkbrush and Octobrush (both are viable in Ranked) I also main Splattershot Pro and Sloshers. Depending on the mode and maps I choose accordingly. You're greatly limiting yourself by choosing a horrible weapon in Ranked for everything.

A good example of knowing your weapon, if I'm using the SSP, I checked what the opposition is using when the match begins, that way I know my role. If everyone is using weapons that have a shorter range than me, I'll use that to my advantage, I'll utilize my range and flank the hell out of them. If I'm using the brush I have to be very aware of my surroundings and hide a lot to sneak up on people.

Stop blaming everyone else for your consistent loses, there is no way every single team you get randomly paired with in every match is horrible. Once you can see your own flaws and work on improving it, then you'll see consistent results in your games.

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
What's up with Splatoon having such a big amount of self absorbed players running their mouths on internet boards? I seriously don't understand, I bet the Call of Duty players are nice and more helpful.

First of all, I was S rank until this afternoon. I made it to S 50 yesterday but I'm not so good on Rainmaker so I lost 30 points. I thought I was gonna recover it with Tower Control but now I'm back to A. I'm not bragging about myself, I'm not the best Aerospray player. I also use Splash-o-matic and Range Blaster but I'm not as good with them as I am with the Aerosprays.

And yes, I'm getting angry because I can't find good players on random matches. It is getting me on my nerves, I don't wanna be a Lv 50 with rank A. I wanna be S again and maybe S+ soon. A lot of stupid players are S/S+ in this game, why I can't be?

And this "you're not ready for this jelly" thing some of you guys are trying to pull on me is so damn ****ed up. I came here looking for team mates to play squad matches, not to collect online feuds.

doesn't your Wii U have to be Japanese to do that? afaik, you can't type in kana on any western systems. i mean, yeah, you could just import one, but i don't think very many people do.

either way, doesn't really excuse the OP on that front.

@Brianstorm , i've had a lot of trouble ranking up in this game, i've spent countless hours on ranked, flipflopping between ranks, i was stuck at B+ for a SUPER long time. then i was stuck at A. i never thought i'd ever reach S, i couldn't surely reach S+... oh wait, i did! see what i'm getting at?

your rank isn't something you're intended to "beat". it isn't a game, it's a ranking system, surprisingly. if you aren't staying in your rank, chances are you're just not ready for that level of play yet. it's flawed, but the idea is so the game can match you up with players with your skill level. thats all it is. think of it more as choosing the beginner/intermediate/hard difficulty in a game, except you've got to earn it.

grab a friend or three, see if you can voice chat, and try squadding with them. you could learn a lot of valuable techniques that you can apply in solo play. watch players on twitch or youtube, look up guides (on here or the splatoon subreddit). keep an open mind and be willing to try new things: new weapons, new gear, new strategies... you can never advance if you never take the step forward. you may take some steps back but that's all a part of improving your skills, it isn't, and never will be, linear. this applies to everything, not just Splatoon!

i mean this with the best of intentions, really. i'm EXTREMELY salty, but i don't let it get to me in the long run. you might be failing because your anger is clouding your judgement, that happens to me a lot.

take a break from Splatoon, if you really can't keep a hold of your rank. you could just be burn out. do the aforementioned research while you do, and hopefully you'll come back to the game with a fresh mind and a fresh attitude (pun totally intended)!
Thanks for the help. I just want my rank back and then I'll take a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
Thanks for the help. I just want my rank back and then I'll take a break.
i understand the feeling, but you might need to take that break BEFORE getting your rank back. something obviously isn't right, and i really am inclined to believe it's your current frustration on the matter. there's no deadline to reach S by, there's lots of Level 50s who are stuck at lower ranks.

and i know where you're coming from, but i promise you that blaming your teammates won't help. if you just immediately think of them as stupid, you're not gonna want to work with them, right? this game is team focused, even if it isn't the most ideal set-up out there. if you don't believe in them, why should they believe in themselves?

i'm sure a lot of your teammates are feeling the exact same way, not just about you, but about others in general. become the better squid and, at the very least, you'll be able to handle losses better. remember - it's a game, we're here to have fun.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A valiant effort to be be helpful and informative, Cuttlefish, but this guy's head is far too entrenched in his own butt to listen to anything presented here be it politely or rudely.

G

girigiriHERO

What's up with Splatoon having such a big amount of self absorbed players running their mouths on internet boards? I seriously don't understand, I bet the Call of Duty players are nice and more helpful.

First of all, I was S rank until this afternoon. I made it to S 50 yesterday but I'm not so good on Rainmaker so I lost 30 points. I thought I was gonna recover it with Tower Control but now I'm back to A. I'm not bragging about myself, I'm not the best Aerospray player. I also use Splash-o-matic and Range Blaster but I'm not as good with them as I am with the Aerosprays.

And yes, I'm getting angry because I can't find good players on random matches. It is getting me on my nerves, I don't wanna be a Lv 50 with rank A. I wanna be S again and maybe S+ soon. A lot of stupid players are S/S+ in this game, why I can't be?

And this "you're not ready for this jelly" thing some of you guys are trying to pull on me is so damn ****ed up. I came here looking for team mates to play squad matches, not to collect online feuds.
Self absorbed? I'm not bragging, but I'm also not blaming everyone else. You are the definition of self absorbed saying that you do nothing wrong and every single time your experience a loss it's 100% your team mates fault.

You mention you lost 30 points on Rainmaker and you're KNOWINGLY not good at it, so why play it? I got to where I am by avoiding Splat Zones because oddly enough that is my weakest of the 3 modes. I play it now on Ranked occassionally, but I know it's something I need to improve on so I do it while my points are higher and a loss won't knock me back down to A+.

You say you've used the Splash-o-Matic and Range Blaster, but aren't as good. Well how about you stop using the Aerospray and go into to Turf Wars. You're already level 50, so boo hoo if you don't get over 1000 points. Range Blaster can be a beast in the hands of a skilled player, but it doesn't happen over night. I have to admit I'm actually surprised out of all the weapon you chose that considering it's the polar opposite of the Aerospray.

Lastly, we aren't starting feuds. You're head is so far up your *** that you aren't willing to take constructive criticism. I can GUARANTEE that playing in a Squad is not going to magically fix this for you. Your rank means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Nobody is going to pull up your resume and be like "so, what's your Splatoon rank?" so why do you put so much emphasis on it. When you learn to chill out and stop blaming everyone else for your short comings you'll be able to play more composed and be more consistent. If I fall to A+, big whoop, it means nothing, it's a freakin' letter in a videogame. Prioritize!

i understand the feeling, but you might need to take that break BEFORE getting your rank back. something obviously isn't right, and i really am inclined to believe it's your current frustration on the matter. there's no deadline to reach S by, there's lots of Level 50s who are stuck at lower ranks.

and i know where you're coming from, but i promise you that blaming your teammates won't help. if you just immediately think of them as stupid, you're not gonna want to work with them, right? this game is team focused, even if it isn't the most ideal set-up out there. if you don't believe in them, why should they believe in themselves?

i'm sure a lot of your teammates are feeling the exact same way, not just about you, but about others in general. become the better squid and, at the very least, you'll be able to handle losses better. remember - it's a game, we're here to have fun.
I would absolutely love to see a group of 4 like minded people play and lose and see who they blame. It'd be hilarious.

Just posting this because I agree with you, most of the people he's playing with are probably saying the exact same thing about him and their other team mates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
A valiant effort to be be helpful and informative, Cuttlefish, but this guy's head is far too entrenched in his own butt to listen to anything presented here be it politely or rudely.
hey, you never know. i don't really have a reason to be rude, since they haven't been rude to me (yet).

I would absolutely love to see a group of 4 like minded people play and lose and see who they blame. It'd be hilarious.

Just posting this because I agree with you, most of the people he's playing with are probably saying the exact same thing about him and their other team mates.
i know right?? i would probably pay money to see that

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
hey, you never know. i don't really have a reason to be rude, since they haven't been rude to me (yet).

i know right?? i would probably pay money to see that
Fair enough, Cuttlefish. I probably default to cynicism too quickly.

As for such a team, I imagine it'd wind up sounding a lot like this:

G

girigiriHERO

Fair enough, Cuttlefish. I probably default to cynicism too quickly.

As for such a team, I imagine it'd wind up sounding a lot like this:
that made me lawl

as for OP, you won't take our advice, but maybe you'll listen to probably one of the best Splatoon players in Europe

Splatoon - How to Rank up in Ranked Battles / DUDE Rant

direct quote "this is gonna be the last day you're gonna say, oh I've lost 10 games in a row all because of my team mates and disconnections

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If he manages to say Dude is wrong...

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
That's enough

I didn't come here to get bullied. How do I close this topic? Is there a moderator online?

G

girigiriHERO

That's enough

I didn't come here to get bullied. How do I close this topic? Is there a moderator online?
Honestly Brianstorm, how old are you? You clearly don't understand the difference between criticism and bullying. The YouTube video I posted isn't directed at ANYONE, it was a random YouTuber making a rant for 6 months ago, but I guess that really hit home with you and you took it as bullying?

We are not picking on you for no reason, we are pointing out the flaws in the reasoning you are giving us for you losing, yet you don't care to listen to logic.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Whenever I think I'll reach A- again I start losing all the matches because the damn players don't follow me on the tower or protect me with the rainmaker
I usually carry my team most of times but they're all dumb and clueless
See, I'm back to A because the crappy Japanese team mates with horrible weapons
Im tired of getting stressed over dumb inklings running around with a roller on rainmaker or using their chargers and blasters on splat zones.
These people don't know how to play.
I dont need to deal with self absorbed players thinking they know everything
:/

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
Don't try to play cute now. I don't want your help or your "constructive criticism".

I came here wanting to play with people that know what to do instead of inking the whole map with a roller or using weapons with echolocator on Splat Zones.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
And with how you're behaving, no one here is going to want to play with you. In that regard, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom