• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I need help with the Sploosh-O-Matic

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
so I've been watchind 2dos' Splatoon stream and noticed how well he plays with the sploosh. He said it's a great close range weapon, so i decided to try it out. I've found that it's actually a really great weapon. beacons are great decoys and it charges the special pretty quickly. I'm considering making it one of my mains. now i don't really need tips on how to use it (apologies if title is misleading), i just need to know on which maps the sploosh excels and on which maps it doesn't.
:wst_shot_short00:SPLOOSH REVOLOOSH:wst_shot_short00:

NNID
namine753
so I've been watchind 2dos' Splatoon stream and noticed how well he plays with the sploosh. He said it's a great close range weapon, so i decided to try it out. I've found that it's actually a really great weapon. beacons are great decoys and it charges the special pretty quickly. I'm considering making it one of my mains. now i don't really need tips on how to use it (apologies if title is misleading), i just need to know on which maps the sploosh excels and on which maps it doesn't.
:wst_shot_short00:SPLOOSH REVOLOOSH:wst_shot_short00:
honestly, seems like the sploosh would excel in maps like Kelp Dome, with plenty of open space for inking. Also maps with ambush spots to take advantage of it's attack power, I guess.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
The Sploosh depends on good beacon placement. It excels on maps that have good places to put beacons (Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, Camp Triggerfish) but struggles on maps with poor beacon placement (Kelp Dome, Flounder Heights)

Don't use it on Moray Towers. The paths are so narrow, it hampers your ability to be stealthy and flank chargers. Also, there's not too much space to ink and abuse your great inking potential

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@SquiliamTentacles @The Not So Dank Kid-Squid thanks. moray towers was the last thing i would use this weapon on. i think i have a pretty good idea of which map i should use this on. nothing left to do but test it out in ranked (please take it easy on me S).

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I had a Turf War rotation recently with Urchin Underpass and Saltspray Rig. A Sploosh-o-matic user was going absolutely nuts on both maps. They were setting beacons in great places, constantly ambushing, and just inking a lot of turf. Those two maps are certainly great for the weapon from what I can tell.

I imagine Flounder Heights could be a good map for the Sploosh. The emphasis on vertical navigation may hurt, but there are ramps and the middle section to help you get to the other side. There are great places for beacons, lots of opportunities for flanking. Plus, your teammates should create ink trails to the top if they are playing wisely.

I know this thread is primarily about maps, but do you have a lot of run speed up on your clothes? Whenever I encounter a really good Sploosh-o-matic user, they always have a lot of run speed up equipped.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I don't think i'm gonna go full run speed. I'm planning on going with a mix of run speed, swim speed and cold-blooded (which automatically includes ink recovery since there aren't any rockenberg or krak-on gear with cold-blooded). I'll probably use comeback and quick respawn as well if i know i'm gonna die a lot. but if the situation demands it, i might go full sanic.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Saltspray. It inks things quickly and can place beacons in the crates section to help your team mates spawn in.

Walleye. There are some great places for beacons and the ambush potential is awesome.

Port Mackerel. Decent places for beacons and the special really shines here. Good ambush spots as well.

For gear I use my quick respawn set (2 mains, 3 subs) which also has 1 swim speed main and 1 sub (which will probably get rerolled though).

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I don't think i'm gonna go full run speed. I'm planning on going with a mix of run speed, swim speed and cold-blooded (which automatically includes ink recovery since there aren't any rockenberg or krak-on gear with cold-blooded). I'll probably use comeback and quick respawn as well if i know i'm gonna die a lot. but if the situation demands it, i might go full sanic.
Unlike most weapons, quick super jump can also be highly useful because it gives you great mobility with your beacons. I think that there is a Zink (:ability_quicksuperjump: bias) shirt for both :ability_coldblooded: and :ability_ninjasquid:, as well as :head_vis000: with :ability_runspeed: and Zink brand.

Otherwise, I also recommend speed. Load up both :ability_runspeed: and :ability_swimspeed: to get in your opponents faces.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
pls explain meme
I want to participate in the meme pls
I don't know where it started. But i heard it on 2dos' splatoon stream. He's really good at it, and i heard the term there, meaning make the sploosh more popular since it's actually a good weapon. That's my interpretation of it atleast. Meaybe someone else said it before him.

LuxLuxora

Full Squid
NNID
LuxLuxora
I don't know where it started. But i heard it on 2dos' splatoon stream. He's really good at it, and i heard the term there, meaning make the sploosh more popular since it's actually a good weapon. That's my interpretation of it atleast. Meaybe someone else said it before him.
Long story short, I used to be a big streamer. There used to be huge hate on the Sploosh. I pushed for the #SplooshRevoloosh. I spent a lot of time streaming gameplay.
http://squidboards.com/threads/sploosh-o-matic-analysis-and-thoughts.3121/page-2

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
it's rlly just a weapon where you have to get into people's faces and hope they can't get a shot on you. there's not much accuracy needed for this weapon. just as long as youre literally RIGHT in their faces. that's really all.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
it's rlly just a weapon where you have to get into people's faces and hope they can't get a shot on you. there's not much accuracy needed for this weapon. just as long as youre literally RIGHT in their faces. that's really all.
Man, forgot i even made this thread. The point of the thread wasn't really asking how to use it, i was asking which maps are good for it. thanks anyways.

buttfield

Full Squid
You can still get in close on disadvantageous maps if you play your cards right. Swim Speed/Cold Blooded makes it very hard for enemies to keep tabs on you, and even in threatening situations, you can make or close quite a bit of distance if you can lose your opponent for a fraction of a second. I've had quite a few close encounters I managed to win simply by faking out my opponent and attacking their exposed back.
On maps that don't lend themselves to normal flanking, the Sploosh can still contribute by ambushing and baiting enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom