• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 I Need Some Tips For Tower Control

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I'm having some trouble with TC right now and I just need some advice. TC is the mode I'm the worst at (S Rank) and all the strategies I've tried just haven't been successful.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I'm having some trouble with TC right now and I just need some advice. TC is the mode I'm the worst at (S Rank) and all the strategies I've tried just haven't been successful.
I know a lot of people use ranged weapons and take people out from a distance, and then get on.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Unlike a seemingly common belief in lower ranks, the battle doesn't happen on the tower. It happens ahead and around the tower. As a backliner (assuming so based off of heavy), it's your job to take people out in the beginning of the match (actually it's everyone's job), and you need your better slaying type weapons to move up and take out more direct threats to the tower. From this point, usually you would be riding the tower and taking out longer ranged threats to you and your teammates like rapids and chargers and basically anyone you can see.

Don't waste your specials. If you use heavy deco, wait to use those bubbles until you're in a closed off choke area to give yourself the upper hand and move through a checkpoint. Only use stingray on the tower if your teammates are already ahead of you and you really think it would help to move the tower along. It's really not a bad thing to use stingray offensively like this I do it all the time but make sure you're safe and that using stingray would make getting kills easier at that point in time. As for any other time, try to save stingray until the enemy team is starting to push, or if you can tell your team is struggling to fight in mid, then go ahead and pop it to get some picks. I'm a little hesitant to say this because the heavy already offers a lot of nice long range pressure and painting. I don't main heavy, but I know how it works for the most part. This is all I have to say. Get kills.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
Unlike a seemingly common belief in lower ranks, the battle doesn't happen on the tower. It happens ahead and around the tower. As a backliner (assuming so based off of heavy), it's your job to take people out in the beginning of the match (actually it's everyone's job), and you need your better slaying type weapons to move up and take out more direct threats to the tower. From this point, usually you would be riding the tower and taking out longer ranged threats to you and your teammates like rapids and chargers and basically anyone you can see.

Don't waste your specials. If you use heavy deco, wait to use those bubbles until you're in a closed off choke area to give yourself the upper hand and move through a checkpoint. Only use stingray on the tower if your teammates are already ahead of you and you really think it would help to move the tower along. It's really not a bad thing to use stingray offensively like this I do it all the time but make sure you're safe and that using stingray would make getting kills easier at that point in time. As for any other time, try to save stingray until the enemy team is starting to push, or if you can tell your team is struggling to fight in mid, then go ahead and pop it to get some picks. I'm a little hesitant to say this because the heavy already offers a lot of nice long range pressure and painting. I don't main heavy, but I know how it works for the most part. This is all I have to say. Get kills.
Thank you very much! I've never though about playing like this in TC, I'll this playstyle next chance I get

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Thank you very much! I've never though about playing like this in TC, I'll this playstyle next chance I get
I also main the Splatling family and it's practically the perfect weapon to get people off the tower, and protecting yourself on the tower.
Just make sure you move a lot with it and don't stand around too long.

H Splat Deco is almost perfect for this, Splash Walls and Bubblers, double defense layers.

Perfect position and you don't have to worry too much, but to defend your teammates, and the tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom