I see a ton of people with Krak-On-Splats.

NewSquidOnTheBlock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheGeekyGalGames
And I realised that these people are using it as a weapon until they can get the Dynamo Roller.
What the heck?
Should I start using it? Should I keep my Carbon Roller Deco?

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I think it depends on what you want, each one has its pros and cons. The Krak-On's a bit slower than Carbon Rollers, and in my experience, beacons don't have as many purposes as seekers. But the Krak-on has a better special, and its extra weight lets you squish squids hiding in their ink, which the Carbon Rollers can't. (I've had a few moments where I would stumble across someone and then have them take me out in return)
Personally, I would recommend just trying it out for a bit, and if it works for you, alternate between the two. I used to just stick with the Carbon Roller Deco myself, but I tried the .52 Gal Deco and had a blast with it, and I've been experimenting with others. It's pretty fun to try out new weapons, and it lets you learn new strategies.

Mr. Penguin

Inkling
i like the regular carbon roller more than the others because of burst canceling, but that's just me.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I think Krak-On is the best out of every roller in the game, it has a balance between speed, range, and damage, and a good kit

kAb

Inkling
NNID
kAb1307
I've run the krak-on 100% since launch, it's my favorite. Like the above user posted its got a good balance and can be played aggressively or as support depending on your loadout.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Personally I think it depends on the stages. As my signature says I use both but I'm careful about which. Some stages are better for either one. For example, you're probably going to want the Seekers more than the beacons and Kraken on let's say Hammerhead Bridge. On the other hand the Krak-On Roller is probably the better choice on a map like Saltspray Rig or Urchin Underpass. But then there's maps where they'll be equally good (such as Port Mackeral and Moray Towers) and then I would say it's your personal preference or what you're trying to do strategy wise.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
It's a pretty great weapon, its sub gives you more ways to support your team and Krakon to pursue.
I still use it, mostly on towers.

Marshall

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marshall137
The main weapon itself is already good, it has a decent range and still swings fast enough. It can also kill while rolling, something that may come in handy sometimes. Beacons make for easy and strategic super jumps so you don't have to rely on your teammates position. Kraken is just naturally good.

Krak-On Roller can be played on anymode and map, just that you have to work it out a bit on certain map and mode combinations.

Dj.D

Inkling
NNID
Dj.D25
I noticed most players I run into on Turf War that use Krak On Rollers never use their squid beacons. And if they do, usually they are placed at the spawn point, even though there's a button on the gamepad screen to jump to the spawn point if necessary.

And yet usually when I feel like trying out the Krak On Roller, hardly anyone jumps to my squid beacons when I try to put them in useful places. Like say, where the floodgates are on Camp Triggerfish before there's a minute left.

What's up with the lack of squid beacon use with Krak On Roller users? It's like these players don't want to help their teammates gain an advantage to win.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
the krak on is the first weapon that i used to get to s status but no matter how i play it the carbon roller is more effective on most maps for me to maintain s status now i just use the krak on for certain maps that the beacon really comes in handy for flanks

Rikucchi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kyltsii
I'm S+ rank Krak-on main. Carbon roller is very fast and atleast I have struggled a lot with very good Carbon roller players. Burst Bombs are very effective too and it makes enemies to stay away from you. I would say it depends almost 100% on your play-style, I'm horrible with Carbon roller but good with Krak-on roller. Ofcourse Kraken is good but Inkzooka is sometimes actually amazing special weapon. Especially at Hammerhead Bridge in Rainmaker mode when you have carry the rainmaker across the bridge, with Inkzooka you can get easy kills and protect the rainmaker.

bbninjas

Inkling
The Krak-On Roller has been my favourite roller ever since I picked it up - I really like the Squid Beakons of the kit, especially on Rank Battles. I think it's saved my team on multiple occasions with its ability to get right back in the fray, and it distracts my opponents. I seem to have a habit of splatterhopping with the roller to conserve my ink for my first beakon, and then I hide and wait for my team to start putting pressure on the target. I find things like Carbon Rollers a bit less appealing since they can't squash squids (love doing that!), though I'm looking at trying it out for its speed.

Clementinia

Inkling
NNID
FracasCastle
Also, here's my two cents, it depends a lot on your play style. The main differences between the Carbon Roller Deco and the Krak On Roller are its subs and mains, yes. But also the Krak On Roller is a bit slower but it allows you to run squids over, which the Carbon Roller doesn't. So if you're a heavy player who just likes to sneak up on people or just run people over, then yes go with the Krak On. Because we are started with the regular roller and Krak On I've always been used to that play style so it surprised me when I started to use the Carbon Roller series and I couldn't do that. So yes, it depends on your play style first of all.

Now comes the more interesting topic of subs and mains. The Krak On Roller has the sub of the Squid Beacon and the main of the Kraken. I really like this mix because hey - invincibility for a little bit. Awesome. I don't personally like the Carbon Roller Deco (I'm more of a Carbon Roller person) but the seeker and the seeker rush is a good combo.

Also, it depends on the map you're playing. I honestly could see you playing and owning any map with either of the rollers.

And once again, it all comes down on your personal playing style!

I hope my input helped!

Sea_coffin

Inkling
NNID
gcam600
The krack on roller is good. However you don't have any long range abilities unlike the coro coro roller, vanilla roller, or the carbon roller. The only thing that makes up for that is you have a panic button, a kracken. It really depends on your play style. (I personally like the hero roller or the coro coro roller better)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom