• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I sent my GamePad into limbo.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So, just now I was playing Splatoon. Unfortunately I kept losing and became really salty, and eventually I lost my cool and head-banged the GamePad.

This is what happened:
_3151200.JPG

I know I have some problems with getting salty, but when something like this happens I realize how careless I can get when I do. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too strong for my own good. In any case, I'm sending it back to Nintendo for repairs, so I'm pretty much stuck watching others play for a week-and-a-half or so.

If I don't appear at all this coming Splatfest, this is why.

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
Woah, that looks insane. At least Nintendo can get that fixed for you.

And hey, perhaps take this as a lesson. Next time you get a little bit too salty, take some deep breaths and stop playing. It isn't worth the gamble to continue playing as you may only get more frustrated; and learn to accept that not every game may work in your favour. We all get salty sometimes, so don't think worry about it too much. It seems you've already learned how careless you can get, so good on you. ;)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Holy ****. And I thought I abused by GamePad. Not gonna lie, that's actually pretty impressive.

If it's any consolation, know that you're not alone in the "break-stuff-due-to-salt" department. My grandma's walls and my desk can testify to that.

Crystal C

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, before I learned that I started playing worse when I got frustrated there were a couple of times where the game pad and my knee almost got a little "to-acquainted". Thankfully that relationship never happened. :)

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
That is....some serious, serious salt. When I was a kid I threw my NES controller at the floor sometimes. Even that big joystick accessory. Thankfully those things didn't have glass and never broke. I never realized the Gamepad had glass either. That's just a horrifying image. At least in include trigger warnings and NSFW tags or something. This could cause some people serious mental anquish! :scared:

Not that Splatoon hasn't broken my gamepad. The right analog stick fizzled out a month or so ago. But thankfully no matter how infuriating the idiotic ranked system is in this game yelling at my screen is about as bad as it gets :p

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's more like a plasticy glass so it's not too dangerous, but damn he really did a number on it! Take it easy in the future mate, no amount of rage is worth having to wait a week and paying near $100 for repairs.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That is crazy @_@ I am so paranoid with keeping my controllers and handhelds as intact as possible. I am poor as heck and having to replace them would be unfortunate, to say the least. That being said, I have broken a bunch of Super Nintendo controllers back in the day, because of salt, yes... But I didn't really pay for stuff with my money back then, so things were different. :p

Miirisa

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Miirisa
Lmao I once destroyed my ZR button. But that`s some next level sh*t

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
As mentioned in another topic, I shook my wiimote so hard during Donkey Kong Country Returns that the waggle stopped working. Motion controls on a platformer is usually never a good idea. At least it was the first kind of wiimote controller and not the Wii Motion Plus Wiimote which I got on the same day after breaking my first Wiimote controller from Gamestop walking out in the snow after a blizzard. I eventually got a 200% file in Returns so at least something came out of it.

Also for a while my L button on my 3DS was not responding well and I know I barely raged on it, if at all. Thankfully it seemed to fix itself after a while.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Nonsense! BAck in my day we rubbed sores into our palms from the n64 control stick. Thanks designer, I enjoy playing minigames for stars and coins on an etched target on plastic - while rotating the palms of my hand.
But back to this generation - can we get a reckless wii remote guy for smash 5?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Woah, that looks insane. At least Nintendo can get that fixed for you.

And hey, perhaps take this as a lesson. Next time you get a little bit too salty, take some deep breaths and stop playing. It isn't worth the gamble to continue playing as you may only get more frustrated; and learn to accept that not every game may work in your favour. We all get salty sometimes, so don't think worry about it too much. It seems you've already learned how careless you can get, so good on you. ;)
Holy ****. And I thought I abused by GamePad. Not gonna lie, that's actually pretty impressive.

If it's any consolation, know that you're not alone in the "break-stuff-due-to-salt" department. My grandma's walls and my desk can testify to that.
It's more like a plasticy glass so it's not too dangerous, but damn he really did a number on it! Take it easy in the future mate, no amount of rage is worth having to wait a week and paying near $100 for repairs.
Thanks for the good advice, guys. Yeah, sometimes I just need to take time off whenever I get angry at the game, especially when I have less stressful ones as alternatives!

Anyway, I got the GamePad boxed up and shipped to their repairs department today. I was told it would take a week to get it repaired and returned, so even though I'll miss the upcoming Splatfest at least I should have it back relatively soon. Let's hope I can keep the salt down after that!

Award

This is why I like to keep a whole spare WiiU and Gamepad. Just in case. :) It paid off when my right stick died in the dead of winter after a snowstorm ;)

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Do you have a friend with a Wii U? Maybe you could borrow their gamepad for the Splatfest.
Aren't those Gamepads locked to its specific console or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Either way, wow dude. I'm impressed by your massive headbutt but I do feel sorry for the both of you, you and your gamepad respectively.
You might want to buy an extra pillow so you can let out your anger immediately...without any casualties. :D In all seriousness though, I'd stick to the advice from above. If ranked (or losing in general) gets you too heated, try to take longer breaks between sessions and keep 'em shorter once you notice you're too stressed. It's nothing to be ashamed of in the long run as we all have different tempers.

Award

Aren't those Gamepads locked to its specific console or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Either way, wow dude. I'm impressed by your massive headbutt but I do feel sorry for the both of you, you and your gamepad respectively.
You might want to buy an extra pillow so you can let out your anger immediately...without any casualties. :D In all seriousness though, I'd stick to the advice from above. If ranked (or losing in general) gets you too heated, try to take longer breaks between sessions and keep 'em shorter once you notice you're too stressed. It's nothing to be ashamed of in the long run as we all have different tempers.
No, you just press the sync button and enter the 4-symbol code to sync a new gamepad to the console. You can just only have one gamepad synched at a time. It works the same as Wiimotes.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
No, you just press the sync button and enter the 4-symbol code to sync a new gamepad to the console. You can just only have one gamepad synched at a time. It works the same as Wiimotes.
Ah, gee, good to know! Thanks for the info! Now I'm less worried about breaking my gamepad myself at some point. And no, not due to saltiness. I just happen to have a strong grip at times. Who knows, one day I'll post a picture of a gamepad that finally gave in and snapped in half. ;_;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom