I updated my stupid ****ing tier list.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Even if you had a weapon with sploosh's range, .96's fire rate, aerospray's accuracy and damage vs a 1HKO carbon roller with the range of a dynamo, the first still has a chance to kill the latter
Don't forget guys, this is splatoon, so there are even more factors to each and every match up, say your opponent is in enemy ink, they have a defense up main, or they have main saver to get more shots off than you. The thing that makes tier lists dumb in shooters is that they only assume "Fair fights", most of the time (especially in this game), you are NOT going to get a fair fight. For example, an E-Liter doesn't try to get into it's opponent's range on purpose, it's going to back up, and try to snipe someone from outside of your range, leaving you unable to attack back.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Don't forget guys, this is splatoon, so there are even more factors to each and every match up, say your opponent is in enemy ink, they have a defense up main, or they have main saver to get more shots off than you. The thing that makes tier lists dumb in shooters is that they only assume "Fair fights", most of the time (especially in this game), you are NOT going to get a fair fight. For example, an E-Liter doesn't try to get into it's opponent's range on purpose, it's going to back up, and try to snipe someone from outside of your range, leaving you unable to attack back.
That doesn't mean that there's no such thing as a weapon being better overall than another weapon. It just means that the measuring stick is how often a weapon can create situations in which it has an unfair advantage, as opposed to how often a weapon can win in a "fair fight." If you pit a Splattershot Pro against an Aerospray in a head-on confrontation, the Pro is going to win most of the time, not because it's better in a "fair fight," but rather because in most situations, it has the unfair advantage of being able to take free shots at the Aerospray before the Aerospray can get close enough to hit back.

Reactions: Lyn

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@sammich I hate custom Hydra as well but I don't see them as op because I usually will switch to a berry splattershot pro when I know that they are being used too much. The best thing to do is pressure them to waste special so that they can't defend themselves

Although I have to admit I find the CRB to be pretty op, honestly it I can wear nearly any assortment of gear and still win games, yes you can space it out with some tools but when they do manage to get that one lucky direct and splat two players at once I begin to lose it

Last edited:

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
I believe that tier lists in this game should try to be sorted into some sort of short, mid, and long ranged list.

I believe that some weapons are better all around, offensively, or defensively. This makes it difficult to judge certain weapons. A dynamo is going to have a hard time getting an offensive push going if his team is down, and the other team has a splatling and a charger. But it will be great offensively if it is aided from the distraction of an ally charger or roller.

I believe that there is no denying a crests le tier list exists for this game, but I don't think it has been fully explored either.

I believe that the nozzlenoses are the most underrated games in the game, but they are without a doubt the most difficult weapons to use. I believe they could arguably be the best guns in the game, if one had the necessary accuracy.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
About the H-3... The problem is that you need a crazy accuracy. And even with this you still are human, you'll still have to react at surprising moves and unforeseen things happening all the time. Once you screwed up your good chance the weapon becomes unreliable and the opponent almost always have the advantage...

And let's say you do have the accuracy, you're probably better off with a squiffer or even other chargers weapon.

If you want power you'll still be better off with pros or .96, as you can chain multi kills way easier. In a competitive game, it will be difficult to chain kills without a special with a H-3, as you suffer from a lack of flexibility (like a non-shooter weapon [blaster, buckets,...], might be even worse than a charger [surprisingly chargers can be quite good at moving around]). Then if you're not a power, are you defensive? But you'll still prefer a .96 or a longer range. Or are you a support? You'll prefer other weapons... again.

So, the H-3 is harder to use than the others, and doesn't reward you for trying... Plus it's kinda annoying to play... It's no surprise you don't see it that much. L-3 doesn't suffer that much as its range is kinda interesting and its flexibility problem is less important.

Damn, I kinda want to play it now.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
About the H-3... The problem is that you need a crazy accuracy. And even with this you still are human, you'll still have to react at surprising moves and unforeseen things happening all the time. Once you screwed up your good chance the weapon becomes unreliable and the opponent almost always have the advantage...

And let's say you do have the accuracy, you're probably better off with a squiffer or even other chargers weapon.

If you want power you'll still be better off with pros or .96, as you can chain multi kills way easier. In a competitive game, it will be difficult to chain kills without a special with a H-3, as you suffer from a lack of flexibility (like a non-shooter weapon [blaster, buckets,...], might be even worse than a charger [surprisingly chargers can be quite good at moving around]). Then if you're not a power, are you defensive? But you'll still prefer a .96 or a longer range. Or are you a support? You'll prefer other weapons... again.

So, the H-3 is harder to use than the others, and doesn't reward you for trying... Plus it's kinda annoying to play... It's no surprise you don't see it that much. L-3 doesn't suffer that much as its range is kinda interesting and its flexibility problem is less important.

Damn, I kinda want to play it now.
Well the Cherry certainly doesn't have that much of a problem when you have a splash wall and a bubble.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well the Cherry certainly doesn't have that much of a problem when you have a splash wall and a bubble.
I was talking about the weapons without their sets there. About the sets, I can't accept the H-3 with sensor and zooka, because I obviously compare it to the forge which I find superior. The other two are unique if you absolutely want suction-echo or wall-bubble combos so if you *really* want these, you have no choice and should pick the H-3. But that doesn't change the fact that the weapon is not reliable enough. You're bound to have this "I would have had the kill with a normal weapon damn it" feeling here and there.

But I think the H-3 are not played partly because of how jerky it is. The time between shots is long and you feel bad on the ground. But well they made the weapon accurate in air, so I'm playing it in a jumping-style. I'm not 100% sure it's good but at least I don't feel stuck on the ground every 2 seconds.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
I was talking about the weapons without their sets there. About the sets, I can't accept the H-3 with sensor and zooka, because I obviously compare it to the forge which I find superior. The other two are unique if you absolutely want suction-echo or wall-bubble combos so if you *really* want these, you have no choice and should pick the H-3. But that doesn't change the fact that the weapon is not reliable enough. You're bound to have this "I would have had the kill with a normal weapon damn it" feeling here and there.

But I think the H-3 are not played partly because of how jerky it is. The time between shots is long and you feel bad on the ground. But well they made the weapon accurate in air, so I'm playing it in a jumping-style. I'm not 100% sure it's good but at least I don't feel stuck on the ground every 2 seconds.
It feels very different of you have run speed. You feel slow, then fast, but it's very easy to get used too. The problem is the H-3 doesn't have anything for close combat, which is why the Cherry is so good with it's defensive set and the bubble for close situations.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
I don't like the run speed on this weapon, because of this slow-fast-slow-fast thing. It's probably because my accuracy is not top level, but I feel it's making me screw up. Plus I kinda assume I should just short jump as the weapon is accurate in mid-air, and jumps doesn't use the run...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom