I wanna be a Tentabrella player so bad ๐Ÿ˜ญ

NumberOneAries

Octo With Jazz
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
Idk why, but it looks like such a fun support weapon but I have zero clue wtf to do with this thing ๐Ÿ’€. Tent Players plz help me bc all I need to do is figure outw it's play style and I'm good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ (that and also gear but I can figure that out myself tbh)

Also I'm using Tenta Sorella Brella bc the vanilla kit is just painful ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
DID SOMEONE CALL ME
(thanks @isaac4 lmao)

If you want I'd be more than happy to give you tips! Though keep in mind I've been playing it since s2 so I don't really remember what being new to the weapon is like :')

The playstyle is kinda weird to describe. What you want to do is hold important areas down by yourself and push the enemy back with your shield, the narrower the corridor the better lmao. Its best strength is survivability, so your goal is to be an absolute nuisance as much a possible while the rest of your team cleans up the enemies, since tent isn't the greatest at getting kills

But I know that's usually really overwhelming for new players, so at first I'd say focus on abusing your range to chip at short range weapons, and launch your shield when you're getting rushed down, or whenever you want to approach the other team
It also paints pretty well, so you can totally paint for โœจmagic zookaโœจ and you might be fine lmao

Also to learn it, I'd recommend starting with splat zones, since it's a lot easier to understand what you should be doing. Bonus points if the map is really linear! Brinewater, Barnacle, Wahoo, that kind of stuff
And for gear, for the record, this is my build:

But the only abilities I'd consider necessary for newer players are two subs of swim speed and some main saver (probably around a main). Quick superjump is also really good but you need to know when to jump out and that can be a bit complicated at first.
You can do whatever you want with the rest, put some qr since you're learning it, or heck maybe special charge up for getting carried skillfull usage of trizooka

Don't beat yourself up too hard if you're not doing great at first, it takes a while to get a grasp on what you're doing.
I hope you have fun with it! Obviously I do, I think it's such a cool weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom