I want more amiibo support

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
One thing i realy want in splatoon is a bit more amiibo support, particularly with the smash bro's line. I don't want them to add that much, just a reskin of a weapon based on that amiibo. (Honestly the whole reason i want this is so i can get a dark pit staff themed charger.)

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Amiibo-related gear, like Mario and Luigi hats, jackets/hoodies based on Robin's coat, Lucina's tiara, Samus armor, helmet, shoes... Link's pointy, floppy hat. Stuff like that would be fun, haha.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
link could have an inkbrus but with the hilt of the master sword or something.

now tha shovel knight is comfirmed to be getting an amiibo he could have a shovel where you fling ink at enemys, like a slosher. or a roller with the hilt of his shovel. and of course shovel knight armour.

Last edited by a moderator:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
$35 of Disc Locked Content was enough, please don't add more. I'm still mad that they paywalled the sound test menu so I'm stuck listening to that awful lobby music instead.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
$35 of Disc Locked Content was enough, please don't add more. I'm still mad that they paywalled the sound test menu so I'm stuck listening to that awful lobby music instead.
It would only be reskins of weapons or more gear, it's not like you'd be missing out on much.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
$35 of Disc Locked Content was enough, please don't add more.
Yeah, this idea sucks. I feel the amiibo support in this game is great as it is - if you want to pay more you get your money's worth, but if you don't (or can't) you're not missing out on much.

We've discussed many times before what a bad idea it would be to start shoving other Nintendo IPs into Splatoon before it's even had the chance to make a name for itself as an established brand. Not to mention the fact that 50+ design variants of every weapon would 1) take forever to develop and 2) make recognising what the enemy is using really difficult in the heat of battle. And developing even one new weapon (like your shovel idea) also takes a loooooong time.

The design and variety of Splatoon's weapons are fantastic. Can't you just be satisfied with that?

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I would love to see some more amiibo support as well!
KIRBY ANF YOSHI OUTFITS FOR THE LITTLE SQUIBS!
100% G00D STUFF!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Nah, i'll vote against it. Right now i want Splatoon to stand on it's own, and i think adding references to other nintendo franchises would rob it of it's uniqueness. The N-Zap is enough.
If you want a melting pot of nintendo franchises, look no further than the SSB series.

Charlie

Inkling
NNID
Trubble_Bubble
I'd love to have more amiibo support, mostly to justify spending all that cash on these dang things. Even if it is something small like unlocking a piece of clothing or two. Got a Yarn-Yoshi Amiibo? Use it and get a Yarn-Yoshi hat for your inkling!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
You know what I want to see? Greater support for the Inklings amiibo. At least have an Inkling racing suit for Mario Kart 8.
Yes please. I would like to see that the Inkling Squid I paid an arm and a leg for has more uses than
just content in Splatoon and costumes in Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World.

Maybe Nintendo will be smart and make something that actually saves data to the Splatoon Amiibos because at this point, they're
just glorified content-unlock statues.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'd definitely love more amiibo support also.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I'd be against it, mostly because I'm very, very tired of seeing content of any sort locked behind what are usually impossible to get figures.

Heck, it bugs me enough that I cant try out the different challenges (and the additional minigames) because of the lack of the Splatoon amiibos that I've NEVER ONCE SEEN in any store ever, because NOBODY CARRIES THEM. Oh, but they sure have Mario and Pikachu! ENTIRE RACKS of those. Which never sell. Possibly because everyone already has those.

I'd have to pay some damn scalper to get the damn Splatoon ones. Or order them from somewhere, which can actually be worse; I *really* hate ordering things. After having seen some shipping facilities from the inside, I do not for a second trust "basic" shipping, so I have to use FedEx (which is pricey), and that means travelling to their damn receiving station every time I order anything. Yay, let's spend gas as well!

Granted, in my case it's not the money that's the problem; I really have no practical spending limit. It's more the principle of the thing. It just bothers me too much.

I've ended up loathing Skylanders because of it, because those damn things are what likely gave Nintendo this bloody annoying idea in the first place.

DLC, I'm fine with. You pay for it, sure, but you can get it whenever; you dont have to worry about it being in stock somewhere. You just go online and grab it. But THIS.... ugh. I hate them.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Do you live in southern California? Because that's been the case with amiibo around here: You have to get them the day they come out if it's not Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, Peach, Bowser, Sonic, or Pac-Man, because otherwise collectors and scalpers will get them all. That being said, some of these scalpers sell their stuff at collectible shows and are in heavy competition with each other. Frank & Son Collectible Show is one such case; while you won't be seeing them at the US$13 retailers would have them for, even hard-to-find ones like Jigglypuff and Ness are never more than US$25 (and the Inkling 3-pack has been there eveyr visit I've made since Splatoon came out) because these guys are in competition with each other.

The onus is still on Nintendo for vastly underestimating the demand for them and not meeting them when it's become apparent. Either they're having technical difficulties with a good manufacturer, or they're not taking the amiibo as seriously as they ought to be.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Do you live in southern California? Because that's been the case with amiibo around here: You have to get them the day they come out if it's not Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, Peach, Bowser, Sonic, or Pac-Man, because otherwise collectors and scalpers will get them all. That being said, some of these scalpers sell their stuff at collectible shows and are in heavy competition with each other. Frank & Son Collectible Show is one such case; while you won't be seeing them at the US$13 retailers would have them for, even hard-to-find ones like Jigglypuff and Ness are never more than US$25 (and the Inkling 3-pack has been there eveyr visit I've made since Splatoon came out) because these guys are in competition with each other.

The onus is still on Nintendo for vastly underestimating the demand for them and not meeting them when it's become apparent. Either they're having technical difficulties with a good manufacturer, or they're not taking the amiibo as seriously as they ought to be.
Nah, I live in Damn Stupid Hole in the Ground, also known as Illinois. As you might guess, I'm not very fond of it. I'm also sorta in the middle of nowhere (it's all farms and unending grass here), but even if I go north to the major shopping district that's nearby.... yeah. Marios everywhere, but nothing else. No collectible shows or anything like that around here. Stuff doesnt HAPPEN here.

As for the things being in demand and such, someone I know likes to go on about this issue, claiming that it's not Nintendo's fault, that it's all the retailer's doing (whichever one it is at the time), because they just wont order any of the more obscure amiibos to stock, because those dont sell. Hell, he claims that pretty much the entire thing isnt Nintendo's fault. He does this in extreme detail.

I have a hard time with that idea though, considering that A: the rare amiibos are bought out almost INSTANTLY whenever they do appear, and people tend to get just a BIT bothered when they cant find them, and B: the common ones that supposedly sell oh-so-well just sit on the racks; those racks pretty much never get restocked, because they never SELL. It's the case with absolutely every store I"m aware of in the area... and I'm aware of LOTS of them.

I only have 5 of the things myself: Mario, Bowser, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Wii Fit Trainer, which I was very lucky to get because I just HAPPENED to be at the store on the one and only day when they stocked a few of them; pure coincidence, that.

Whole thing though frustrates me so much that I havent bought any further ones due to not wanting to support it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom