Idea for a Tower Defense minigame for Splatoon

Cephalobro

Ever since I saw someone mention a Tower Defense sort of mode for Splatoon, I was thinking how it would be possible. My idea for it just kind of developed by itself. Both Octarians (except Octolings) and Salmonids would definitely fit into this mold quite nicely. And just for fun, I put together a little story for it:

Sometime after the events of Octo Expansion, more Octarians moved into Inkopolis since they found out that the current generation Inklings don't care about the Great Turf War. As both species became able to live peacefully in Inkopolis, Salmonids, the third species capable of using weapons, plan to take Inkopolis for themselves and turn it into breeding grounds for themselves only.

The gameplay is your typical Tower Defense gameplay mixed with Splatoon gameplay. It would start with being able to place a few Octotroopers that would shoot down the first few Chums. To get access to more advanced Octarians, you will need Golden Eggs from splatted Boss Salmonids, in which the first one is the Goldie since it doesn't have any immunity. Harder Boss Salmonids require more advanced Octarians to splat them. Flyfish for example, would launch Tenta Missiles right to the area that you're trying to protect, so having access to Octobombers a few waves before is a good idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom