Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
yes and rename the new system from Nintendo switch 2 to something better so it doesn't fail, (I really don't want it to because that means the console won't have a long lifespan in store)

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Putting those kinds of stakes on a match that is unwinnable sounds even worse to me. That's not fair to anyone.
are u sure about that what if one of the bad players were the one to DC?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Yes, I am sure that a 3v4 is not a fair match.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Yes, I am sure that a 3v4 is not a fair match.
not even if it is 3 good players vs. two good players and you?

Because I do find it fair, trust me I've played a Rainmaker series game on a 3v4 and it was my team that had three and all we did was just push harder and managed to win.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
You won one 3v4 once? Okay, and how many 3v4s have you lost? I'm gonna bet it's not a fair 50% win ratio, is it?

I can't believe I even have to argue that, no, 3v4 is not fair.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
You won one 3v4 once? Okay, and how many 3v4s have you lost? I'm gonna bet it's not a fair 50% win ratio, is it?

I can't believe I even have to argue that, no, 3v4 is not fair.
I believe about just one 3v4 match I lost other than that one 3v4 loss I've won them all

the reason why I can win unfair games is because I spent a lot of my time in Alterna and got swarmed by about 3-6 enemies at once and defeated them all at once, and also I just do a lot of practicing.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Really? Every time you've had to play 3v4 you've won?

I do not believe you.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I would love to see the Deepsea Metro return as part of one of the campaigns. I like the setting, and I like the characters, but the main thing I want back is the map layout. RotM gave the player way too much freedom and SO was completely linear. OE's layout was perfect, and if I had to guess, the main part of why it was so popular. I'd also like to see a more difficult single player mode.

By the way, the metro would be a perfect setting for another roguelike-style campaign. The layout and background are perfect.

iVialeko

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5878-9511-9588
This is more specifically about the world of Splatoon 4 as opposed to gameplay/level design/etc., mainly because my main forte is story telling as opposed to game design, but if y'all wanna do that too can!

Ok here goes: I think an amazing central idea is a war/feud between 2 cities. I lowkey want Deep Cut to come back as idols along with a brand new set of idols to go up against! I feel like this idea can be very interesting, and as an added bonus u can travel between the two so ur not stuck in one permanently. Maybe there's a gulag u have to do to actually change "sides" but actually visiting is a different story. Maybe there's some kind of back alley between the two cities u can take.

Along with this I propose a different type of splatfest. I think that the idea of 2 or 3 idols getting on the same page is unrealistic so I think there should be a "Civil War" type splatfest that is deadass just an argument between adults that the idols have the populace sort out. But once that is decided, the bigger splatfest takes place!! The first smaller one can only be one day maybe 2 days since it's really inconsequential, but it's turf war so it's the most "fair" assessment (that's probably what Nintendo would say, I'm just being realistic here). The bigger splatfest can be almost exclusively Anarchy Battles featuring a new game mode that is actually thought out much better than tricolor Battles were. I'm thinking a Capture the Flag type of game mode that would emphasize that "battling in enemy territory" feeling of the whole fest. And I think that the game mode can unlocked in anarchy rotation after the final fest bc that's only fair 😭.

I think this is a decent idea but I'm curious what else y'all can come up with!!
I'm gonna rephrase the question for my own answer if it is alright, as there are a lot of things I would want to be improved upon/ideas for S4. (too much probably for this single comment)

What does S4 need to be successful/push the series forward?

The first thing I'd point to is a successful story campaign. One that is better than octo expansion in its levels and larger in scope than Alterna's HUB worlds.

I get that Splatoon is mainly an online multiplayer game, and that usually the story is pushed more to the sideline as a fun casual experience or entry/tutorial for the game.

However, this is one of the first things I'm pointing to that could drastically evolve the franchise to new heights.

Hero mode doesn't have to be so small. And a good campaign can incentivize purchases alone. (not even counting the other stuff in the game) Good Nintendo campaigns sell games and even systems on their own.

The second thing I'd point to would be a brand new original game mode that Nintendo can get behind, market, and people gravitate towards.

And no, I'm not necessarily talking about something like tableturf, arcade games from S1, or challenges.

I'm more so referring to a brand new concept, something like SR in S2 or turf war in S1. It can be anything from PVP to PVE, from campaign-SR-PVP. Whatever it is, wherever it's from, this mode needs to give that Splatoon charm and feel.

One of those two things would really push the series forward.

Last edited:

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I think to cut down on shooter bloat, the class could be split up further. Just like blasters were separated from the shooter class, I think they could do the same thing for the Nozzlenoses including the Squeezer. I believe being semi-automatic instead of fully automatic they're functionally distinct enough from the rest of the shooters to warrant consideration for being their own class.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I think to cut down on shooter bloat, the class could be split up further. Just like blasters were separated from the shooter class, I think they could do the same thing for the Nozzlenoses including the Squeezer. I believe being semi-automatic instead of fully automatic they're functionally distinct enough from the rest of the shooters to warrant consideration for being their own class.
True. Though they would probably have to add a baseline semi-auto for the class to be distinctly recognizable as unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom