Ideas For Squidboards’ Half-Year Anniversery

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
So I had the random thought that August 1st is the half-year anniversary of the great Squidboards resurgence and I was trying to think of a way that we the community could celebrate it. Anyone have any ideas? Asking far in advance so if anyone does get a good idea we can act on it.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
how about we do it again? I don’t think I’ve seen any new people here in a while. feels like it dying

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
I really like the idea of us using a canvas-sharing site to make a cool mural or yearbook of some kind. Even if we aren't all artists, I think it would be cool to all come together and write cool messages and lil squids and other fun stuff.

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I really like the idea of us using a canvas-sharing site to make a cool mural or yearbook of some kind. Even if we aren't all artists, I think it would be cool to all come together and write cool messages and lil squids and other fun stuff.
This sounds really cool actually, I'm down to try it.

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
how about tableturf tournament? we split into level groups and then after the champions of the groups go into a different bracket and the battle it out for the top spot

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i feel like there could be so many things that we can do, what if we use multiple days so that we can fit in all these good ideas and so that someone who misses one might be able to make it to another?

anyway my idea is 182.5 matches of manta maria turf war
(i dont actually have one sorry)

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
i feel like there could be so many things that we can do, what if we use multiple days so that we can fit in all these good ideas and so that someone who misses one might be able to make it to another?

hey, that 182.5 matches counts as a good idea!

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
one of the most fun things I ever did in a small community was play an online cards-against-humanity style game with custom decks referencing our source material along with a bunch of community in-jokes. I have never laughed so hard in my life. That could be fun, though building the decks from scratch is often a daunting task; the majority of the existing/premade decks are generally... not family-friendly to say the least and you need to come up with hundreds and hundreds of cards to keep the game from quickly becoming repetitive. We might be cutting it too close for something like that timewise but maybe it's something to think about anyway. (We'd have to be sure to add in cards for "the undertow blanket fort" and "the versatile and deadly assault rifle")

Otherwise I really like the idea of contributing to a shared-canvas-mural type of thing. Then we'd also have something semi-tangible to remember it by :D

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
one of the most fun things I ever did in a small community was play an online cards-against-humanity style game with custom decks referencing our source material along with a bunch of community in-jokes. I have never laughed so hard in my life. That could be fun, though building the decks from scratch is often a daunting task; the majority of the existing/premade decks are generally... not family-friendly to say the least and you need to come up with hundreds and hundreds of cards to keep the game from quickly becoming repetitive. We might be cutting it too close for something like that timewise but maybe it's something to think about anyway. (We'd have to be sure to add in cards for "the undertow blanket fort" and "the versatile and deadly assault rifle")

Otherwise I really like the idea of contributing to a shared-canvas-mural type of thing. Then we'd also have something semi-tangible to remember it by :D
that sounds fun!

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093

i know the whole point of CAH is that it’s Apples to Apples but Family Unfriendly, but with how popular the format is, someone must have been in our same situation and made some custom family-friendly decks, right? maybe even pulling straight from an actual apples to apples deck? (edit 2: the longer it’s been since i wrote this message the more i remember how apples to apples is actually played and how this wouldn’t actually work. back to the drawing board)

if not, it might be easier to make a custom deck collaboratively, i’d think? it’s been years since i’ve played CAH online and i was never the one making the custom decks, so i’m not sure if that would be possible directly, but it could be a “people gather ideas on a separate document/a forum thread here and someone’s in charge of actually putting them in a deck” situation. i also have a lot of fond memories of playing online CAH with communities i used to be a (larger) part of, so i’d be so down if we could make it work

Last edited:

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215

Attachments

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Hey all, if you're interested in joining the Squidboards CAH game, do me a favor and input your availability here so we can where everyone overlaps and try to figure out the time(s) that the majority of people will be around to play! We may end up running multiple games at different times depending on responses.

We can also probably use these times as reference for when to run other scheduled activities too (whoever volunteers to coordinate those).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom