If there will be DLC maps for Splatoon what maps would you want?

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
I have a few ideas:

1- Something from Wind Waker. According to this video, all the Nintendo franchises are intertwined in the same universe. If that is true, perhaps whatever caused the flooding in WW is also responsible for But hey, that's just a theory. A GAME THEO-- *cut away to next idea*

2- A Metroid Prime 2 Map Pack (Temple Grounds, Agon Wastes, Torvus Bog and Sanctuary Fortress). Splatoon and Metroid Prime have similar music, just different tones.

3- Aquatic Mine from Sonic Adventure 2. Yes, I'm spitballing. Yes, I know it's probably one of the last Sonic stages that should ever be thought of when thinking of doing a Sonic+Anything Crossover. Yes, I'm only suggesting a Knuckles Stage for the music.

4- Pikmin DLC could work too.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
While I'd also like to see some stages based on Nintendo's other games (like Delfino Plaza and whatnot), I'd be more interested in some more in-universe ideas for stages. Stages such as a cruise ship like the one at Port Mackerel or the rooftop of a big building (or a series of buildings connected by bridges) would be pretty novel, if only because we get to see more of the Inkling world.

That said, I'm not so sure about the maps being DLC rather than free universal updates. I mean, if it's going to be DLC that people buy for their own consoles it would work in Battle Dojo, but if it's going to be for online multiplayer we might not get to actually battle on the relevant DLC maps unless the entire 8-person party has them. And I'm sure there will be players who can't or don't want to buy the maps, so the chances aren't really that good.

Still, I'm really open to some new maps outside what Nintendo already promised.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Straying away from Nintendo themed dlc ideas, I think it would be cool for a stage to be in complete darkness, and the only way to see well is by having the ink glow in the dark
I don't know about that. The darkness might get obnoxious unless they add guiding lights.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Straying away from Nintendo themed dlc ideas, I think it would be cool for a stage to be in complete darkness, and the only way to see well is by having the ink glow in the dark
That could work as a bunch of Octo Valley levels (they already did invisible platforms, why not practically-invisible everything). Not sure it would work for multiplayer (darkness could get a bit annoying, unless you can see by both teams' ink), but it would certainly be neat-looking.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
If we're going away from Nintendo crossovers, I want a level where you fight in the ruins of human civilization. I don't care whether it's Singleplayer or Multiplayer only, I want my creepy-*** level and I want it to conflict with the tone of the rest of the game!

Though if it's done in a Dark Humor sense, I'll be happy with that too. Maybe even happier.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Yes to DLC maps - more maps is always good. But I think I'd be happier if they kept within, and showed us more of, the Splatoon universe, rather than opting for crossovers from other franchises. Don't get me wrong, I love a good crossover, but the IP is still so new, with a lot of potential to be expanded, so I'd rather they did that first. Let's see more of Inkopolis, or some maps set in Octo Valley, or something involving the ruins of the former human civilisation.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
That's what I meant
Ah, so that's what you meant.
Then that would be awesome.
Looks like Nintendo noticed your idea too; the Splatfest trailer looked great, and it was mostly in darkness, and it looks like Splatfest matches could be like that too!

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Map ideas I've had:

- Snowy, outside level, perhaps around a ski lodge/resort
- toy store
- pirate ship, complete with planks where you can push bubblers off
- ruins of an old european-style castle
- city street block with parked and moving vehicles

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
*sees avatar* totally wouldn't think you would want a metroid themed stage
I think it would be a great idea, even if I didn't like Metroid. It could be a very different stage that would make the stage selection even more diverse. Since the Splatoon stages have a sort of urban and industrial look and feel to them, I think the best idea for a Metroid stage would be one themed like a space station. SQUIDS IN SPACE! Also, Splatoon just needs more Metroid in there. In Splatoon, you shoot stuff... in Metroid... you shoot stuff. Also, Metroid is named after these floating alien vampire jellyfish. To me, it just fits.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
  • Starship Mario (Mario Galaxy 2): If they could make sure the spherical-ish shape/gravity would work out, I'd love this.
  • Assorted Nintendo airships (Halberd, Great Fox, Bowser's Airships, Samus' Ship, Hococotate Ship, etc.): They could all move around in set paths and at different heights, creating different advantages and situations.
  • Final Destination (Smash Bros.): We need a huge, flat stage.
  • A stage with a boss figure that can stun inklings (full on splatting them would probably be a bit too harsh of a punishment).
  • 25m (Donkey Kong Arcade): Both teams could start at the bottom, and the only way of getting higher would be by inking the ladders.
  • Castle Dedede (Kirby): Only writing this because I kinda want Dedede to just be sitting on his throne as available inking territory.
  • Any Kirby-themed Stage
  • Arena Ferox (FE Awakening): Sm4sh showed us a good array of obstacles that could be used for Splatoon.
  • Comet Observatory (Mario Galaxy): There'are many unique structures and layers that would be good for a map (maybe the lower levels only, unless they make going to the top a high-risk, high-reward situation).
  • Retro-Themed Mario stage: To celebrate Mario's 30th Anniversary
  • Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country): Could include cannon strikes that erase all ink in a small (but meaningful) radius. (Not a stage for Ranked Battle)
  • One of Pikmin 3's Mission Mode maps
  • City Escape? (Sonic Adventure 2): Mainly because I want a Splatoon cover of "Escape from the City"
  • Waluigi Pinball (Mario Kart DS): We could all use more Waluigi in our lives, couldn't we? :p

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I think you might need to rephrase the topic as "Which Cross-Game maps would you like to see as DLC".

That being said, perhaps a LoZ or Super Mario map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom