• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm having higher expectations for the Wii U for some reason

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
They have to get third party support in order to make the NX look like something that's worth buying. If they don't, I hate to say this, but they'll end up like Sega back in the 90's. Remember how poor the Saturn's library was? It's actually pretty scary that the Wii U is in the same situation as the Saturn since they both had poor third party support along with a terrible lineup of first party games (Nintendo's first party titles are a bit better than Sega's, though).

Trust me, I hear there are more people like that ben dude that are even worse than him hence why I'm afraid of touching the multiplayer. And yeah, there is no AI for the dolls. The single player's actually pretty tough since you do all of the work yourself and switch between the Links all the time. I honestly don't think the game's worth the $40. I rather buy either Yokai Watch or Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon this month since those games look leagues better than this. Unless you are still curious in buying this, just wait and get it used. That way you don't have to pay full price for TFH.

TFH does feel more like a spin-off to me than a main series title. At least with the Four Swords games, they actually have connections to other Zelda games and they feel more fitting in the timeline. TFH has no excuse. You're just some random kid in pajamas that finds a want ad.

Hopefully we are getting another main AC game for the NX. I do not want to see the series turn into a terrible board game that acquires figurines.
They're already looking into other ways to make money as the console business is not doing well for them at the moment starting with mobile games, and I don't mind if they go third party after all of this. It means their games will be on PC and that's totally fine with me as I doubt they'll want to help Sony out at all and they have a much better relationship with Microsoft.

I have no interest in Tri Force Heroes so I'm not spending even a penny on it, I'll just wait for Zelda U for my Zelda fix and I still need to buy Majora's Mask 3D anyway. Don't know much about Yokai, but Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon looks to be a massively improved from Gates to Infinity.

They better, though the Animal Crossing team is going to have their work cut out for them next gen. They not only have to make an amazing follow-up to New Leaf on the NX, they also have to make the long awaited successor to Splatoon on the NX. Both titles will be AAA Nintendo games with a lot of pending sales if they don't mess up. Hopefully amiibo festival tanks so that sends the message to Nintendo that nobody wanted this.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
They're already looking into other ways to make money as the console business is not doing well for them at the moment starting with mobile games, and I don't mind if they go third party after all of this. It means their games will be on PC and that's totally fine with me as I doubt they'll want to help Sony out at all and they have a much better relationship with Microsoft.

I have no interest in Tri Force Heroes so I'm not spending even a penny on it, I'll just wait for Zelda U for my Zelda fix and I still need to buy Majora's Mask 3D anyway. Don't know much about Yokai, but Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon looks to be a massively improved from Gates to Infinity.

They better, though the Animal Crossing team is going to have their work cut out for them next gen. They not only have to make an amazing follow-up to New Leaf on the NX, they also have to make the long awaited successor to Splatoon on the NX. Both titles will be AAA Nintendo games with a lot of pending sales if they don't mess up. Hopefully amiibo festival tanks so that sends the message to Nintendo that nobody wanted this.
I don't mind them actually start releasing some of their games on PC because like you said, the console business isn't doing so hot lately. Mobile gaming's pretty controversial, but I really don't think it's all that bad since it'll be another way to gain some income (unless it's F2P).

TFH really isn't all that great anyway. I've tried out the multiplayer yesterday and it was a mess. Too much lag and players that have no idea what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend it anyway. MM3D's worth it, though.

Amiibo Festival deserves to be flopped because like TFH & Federation Force, nobody asked for a terrible party game that requires toys.

Aromaiden

Full Squid
By the looks of it, Amiibo Festival is basically just an easy way to encourage Amiibo sales.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
By the looks of it, Amiibo Festival is basically just an easy way to encourage Amiibo sales.
My problem with it is that it only works with the Animal Crossing amiibo because (despite its gameplay) it is technically an Animal Crossing game. If it worked with all amiibo, and had boards based on different game series, and maybe some simple mini games ala Mario Party, I think it would actually have potential, and maybe even boost amiibo sales sort of significantly, like you said. Limiting it to Animal Crossing really did nothing but harm it, imo.

Power

Inkling Commander
Isn't the console about to be jumped? It had great games, but unfortunately not enough $$$. I haven't kept up with the news much so i may be wrong.

Aromaiden

Full Squid
My problem with it is that it only works with the Animal Crossing amiibo because (despite its gameplay) it is technically an Animal Crossing game. If it worked with all amiibo, and had boards based on different game series, and maybe some simple mini games ala Mario Party, I think it would actually have potential, and maybe even boost amiibo sales sort of significantly, like you said. Limiting it to Animal Crossing really did nothing but harm it, imo.
I thought of that as well tbh. The game itself is just a disappointment.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I don't mind them actually start releasing some of their games on PC because like you said, the console business isn't doing so hot lately. Mobile gaming's pretty controversial, but I really don't think it's all that bad since it'll be another way to gain some income (unless it's F2P).

TFH really isn't all that great anyway. I've tried out the multiplayer yesterday and it was a mess. Too much lag and players that have no idea what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend it anyway. MM3D's worth it, though.

Amiibo Festival deserves to be flopped because like TFH & Federation Force, nobody asked for a terrible party game that requires toys.
More money for them means more games and more risks for us, I support Nintendo's mobile games even if I'm not crazy on their concept.

Having them on PC would be a fine outcome for the future as the PC market is getting wider and wider and Nintendo would strike the iron when it's hot with many of those PC gamers growing up with stuff like the SNES, N64, GCN.

Nothing more need to be said about TFH, it's a filler game thrown to keep people busy until Zelda U. I'll have to buy a physical copy of Majora's Mask as I have a full SD card. I look forward to the enhanced experience as I played through Ocarina of Time 3D and being really impressed with that despite playing it so much in the past.

You know what's funny about amiibo Festival? It comes out in 9 days and Nintendo has been quiet about it. They know it's going to bomb. They're sending it out to die and they won't repeat that mistake again. Or at least I hope so.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
You know what's funny about amiibo Festival? It comes out in 9 days and Nintendo has been quiet about it. They know it's going to bomb. They're sending it out to die and they won't repeat that mistake again. Or at least I hope so.
Maybe they're pulling the same stunt as how Sega did with the Sonic Boom games. If they are, then hopefully it's a good sign that even Nintendo knows Amiibo Festival's a failure since day one. Which is kinda funny because the game's coming out the same week as the Sonic Boom games did last year.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wouldn't say that I have high expectations for the Wii U. In fact I'd say I have none whatsoever. But I won't cry doom just yet; the NX is wont to come out within the next two years, and we can't rule out the possibility that they're learning from the U's mistakes. Unless they give us the Wii U 2.0, I have a feeling they'll survive.
As for going 3rd party... I dunno, it'd be quite surreal. But do Nintendo's games have a place on either Sony's or Microsoft's consoles? (I'd add PCs into the mix here, but I don't know the first thing about PC gaming so I'd be talking out my rear.)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
If you even liked Yoshi's Island, give Yoshi's Wooly World a go, I just got it today from USPS and it's an amazing throwback to Yoshi's Island with a lot of new twists with lovely graphics, great music, and the co-op is done really well. If you think it's easy, it gets pretty challenging once you attempt to 100% it and some levels are rather hard to not get hit on due to all levels having full health on completion sidequest. This is the best game he's had in so many years so if you're a Yoshi fan, give it a go.

I'll be buying Xenoblade next month and that's it for Wii U games unless Nintendo announces something great in 13 hours.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Anyone else noticed that Amiibo Festival comes out on Friday the 13th? That's actually pretty funny to think about considering how disastrous the game looked so far.
A fitting release date for a game that just screams like bad luck. Oh, why did we get stuck with this train wreck and not a proper sequel to New Leaf...

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
A fitting release date for a game that just screams like bad luck. Oh, why did we get stuck with this train wreck and not a proper sequel to New Leaf...
1. Because the people behind Animal Crossing were working on Splatoon.

2. As this clip says:

Wonder Blue

Inkling
NNID
Otasira
The Wii U, allbeit not as exciting with a limited library, is still a decent system in its own right.
While many main line games arn't great, they are fun for most. For me, the games that actually made me want to get them were Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Bayonetta 2. Anything after that would be a cherry on top.

Try to explore more into the Eshop's indie games. Well, if you're into platformers, I'd recommend Shovel Knight but I'm sure you get enough of that already.
I'd say just give it some time. With Minecraft heavily believed to release (I can't confirm nor deny this), maybe things will look up for the better when it comes to 3rd party developers making/porting games to this system.

While I dawdle my thumbs, here I am, waiting for the only fighting game on the Wii U to come out. (TTT2 isn't really well suited for the Wii U controller..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom