I'm really worried about this year's Nintendo's Wii U Holiday Season.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I mean I know gamers in general should not care about sales because that's more of a company thing but there is like no hype for this year's Wii U Holiday Season for Nintendo.

I guess Splatoon and Super Mario Maker will have to do.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Yeah since Star fox was delayed it has no hype EXCEPT FOR ME I HOPE AMIIBO FESTIVAL DOESN'T SUCK which probably won't happen!

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Yeah since Star fox was delayed it has no hype EXCEPT FOR ME I HOPE AMIIBO FESTIVAL DOESN'T SUCK which probably won't happen!
I imagine the game itself is solid. The only problem with it is the amiibo necessity.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Wii U has been in trouble since the launch with a weak unit and the big game makers aren't makong games for it.

Luckily for us that forced nintendo to make their own games and they rock!!

Tell your friends to get splatoon.

The way splatoon is made you have to buy another unit for your friends to play at your house.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I don't really mind personally since gaming during December isn't different to me than gaming elsewhere, and I still have a backlog on my Wii U.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, and Yoshi's Wooly World for the USA, is all Nintendo is putting out this holiday.... not much this year, huh? Oh and more amiibo, because that's what we need. >_>

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, and Yoshi's Wooly World for the USA, is all Nintendo is putting out this holiday.... not much this year, huh? Oh and more amiibo, because that's what we need. >_>
I wouldn't be surprised if amiibos are one of their main sources of income at this point...

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I didn't forget about Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm just talking from the casual audience's perspective.

Jet Uppercut

Senior Squid
It doesn't really make much difference, Holiday releases only really affect new console buyers, because of console bundles and such. Nintendo knows just as well as we do that no game bundled with a console is going to magically make it sell a million or more units over the Holidays, so instead they're focusing on the relative quality of the titles they're going to be releasing on the console to make people on the fence more interested in picking it up. Though with the NX peeking over the horizon I don't see that strategy working too well either, they spilled the beans on that one way too early. If they announce Wii U backwards compatibility the Wii U is functionally dead in the water.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
It doesn't matter at this point. The Wii U's already a dead console to begin with. It didn't sell all well before, so it won't be any different this year.

Good luck trying to find all of the Amiibo for it. This game still offends me as a Animal Crossing fan.

Wii U has been in trouble since the launch with a weak unit and the big game makers aren't makong games for it.

Luckily for us that forced nintendo to make their own games and they rock!!
Seriously, the fact that only Nintendo made games for it (being their console and all) still isn't enough to convince many people to buy a Wii U. The system needs third party games, but sadly, everybody including their mother abandoned it. Same for Nintendo themselves if their E3 back in June was anything to go by.

This is why I moved on to PC gaming. There's more on there than just games made by one company. Besides, Nintendo's been ticking me off lately.

I wouldn't be surprised if amiibos are one of their main sources of income at this point...
From what I've been hearing, the Amiibo are the only things giving Nintendo all the income. It's no wonder they're constantly making more of them.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Good luck trying to find all of the Amiibo for it. This game still offends me as a Animal Crossing fan.
You and me both. It's not even a "game" for the amiibo you already own. You have to buy all new figures for a game that looks like boring junk. I just wanted a Wii U Animal Crossing. Not this amiibo junk. Why did they waste their time making this and HHD? I have no idea what goes on in their head. I home Mr. Kimishima can lead them to make better decisions than this. And I gave my HHD code to my brother, since my SD Card can only hold 2 games I will play everyday (one of them being New Leaf) and I don't want it on my account.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
You and me both. It's not even a "game" for the amiibo you already own. You have to buy all new figures for a game that looks like boring junk. I just wanted a Wii U Animal Crossing. Not this amiibo junk. Why did they waste their time making this and HHD? I have no idea what goes on in their head. I home Mr. Kimishima can lead them to make better decisions than this. And I gave my HHD code to my brother, since my SD Card can only hold 2 games I will play everyday (one of them being New Leaf) and I don't want it on my account.
Who knows. Maybe there wasn't a new main Animal Crossing game in the works, so they decided to make both HHD & Amiibo Festival as quick holdovers until the next game comes out. This was most likely the case with Metroid and definitely with Zelda when it comes to Tri Force Heroes.

As much as I love my current Amiibo collection, I can't help but still hate Amiibo because Nintendo's just cashing in on them with crap like Amiibo Festival. There's no need to make tons of them. They're just making things worse for everyone when it comes to the Amiibo situation still going on. I fear that they'll make less of the Animal Crossing Amiibo just like what they did with the Smash Amiibo not named Mario.

Nintendo's new president really needs to give them better decisions or else they'll most likely sink like other Japanese developers. I seriously don't want this to happen.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Who knows. Maybe there wasn't a new main Animal Crossing game in the works, so they decided to make both HHD & Amiibo Festival as quick holdovers until the next game comes out. This was most likely the case with Metroid and definitely with Zelda when it comes to Tri Force Heroes.

As much as I love my current Amiibo collection, I can't help but still hate Amiibo because Nintendo's just cashing in on them with crap like Amiibo Festival. There's no need to make tons of them. They're just making things worse for everyone when it comes to the Amiibo situation still going on. I fear that they'll make less of the Animal Crossing Amiibo just like what they did with the Smash Amiibo not named Mario.

Nintendo's new president really needs to give them better decisions or else they'll most likely sink like other Japanese developers. I seriously don't want this to happen.
I do like having my amiibos next me on my desk, but they've gone a little too far. Amiibo Festival's entire gimmick is behind those figures, and you have to buy the figures, you can't use the cards even though they share the same technology. Nintendo makes very little of the darn things not named Mario. I don't think Nintendo understands when the community badly wants a certain figure and they can't find any because of scalpers or it becomes store exclusive.

Mr. Kimishima was the CEO of Nintendo of America for quite awhile in the past, so maybe he can make better decisions when it comes to keeping the company afloat outside of Japan. I've read however, that's he's very different from Iwata, he's a business man. What I'm trying to say is, we won't be getting another "Wii" with him around.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I do like having my amiibos next me on my desk, but they've gone a little too far. Amiibo Festival's entire gimmick is behind those figures, and you have to buy the figures, you can't use the cards even though they share the same technology. Nintendo makes very little of the darn things not named Mario. I don't think Nintendo understands when the community badly wants a certain figure and they can't find any because of scalpers or it becomes store exclusive.

Mr. Kimishima was the CEO of Nintendo of America for quite awhile in the past, so maybe he can make better decisions when it comes to keeping the company afloat outside of Japan. I've read however, that's he's very different from Iwata, he's a business man. What I'm trying to say is, we won't be getting another "Wii" with him around.
IKR? You don't know how frustrated I get whenever I can't find an Amiibo I want like Rosalina or Villager. Instead, they think people want more Mario or Pikachu Amiibo and it really annoys me when they don't get supply and demand at all. Speaking of store exclusives, out of all the Target exclusives they have, it has to be Dr. Mario (a character I'm not planning on getting due to not liking the character all that much) and not Jigglypuff or Rosalina. This needs to be fixed badly.

I really hope he does have some good decisions for the company. Getting rid of the Wii brand is a start since I want a more creative name for Nintendo's next console.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
IKR? You don't know how frustrated I get whenever I can't find an Amiibo I want like Rosalina or Villager. Instead, they think people want more Mario or Pikachu Amiibo and it really annoys me when they don't get supply and demand at all. Speaking of store exclusives, out of all the Target exclusives they have, it has to be Dr. Mario (a character I'm not planning on getting due to not liking the character all that much) and not Jigglypuff or Rosalina. This needs to be fixed badly.

I really hope he does have some good decisions for the company. Getting rid of the Wii brand is a start since I want a more creative name for Nintendo's next console.
The situation is so bad, I can't just go into Target and buy a Rosalina. No, I am expected to pay premium for one over the internet due to low stock. These toys are such a headache. And Nintendo is making more and more of them. Why don't they make more new games and less "you need to buy an amiibo you don't have yet to play this game!" games. I love Nintendo and I will stick by them, but I won't be buying much more of these toys. My desk can only fit so much stuff on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom