I'm really worried about this year's Nintendo's Wii U Holiday Season.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
The situation is so bad, I can't just go into Target and buy a Rosalina. No, I am expected to pay premium for one over the internet due to low stock. These toys are such a headache. And Nintendo is making more and more of them. Why don't they make more new games and less "you need to buy an amiibo you don't have yet to play this game!" games. I love Nintendo and I will stick by them, but I won't be buying much more of these toys. My desk can only fit so much stuff on it.
The sad thing is that it's a Corporate Ad Campagin. Nintendo knows that we are eating these Amiibos up, despite it mostly being scalped. As long as there is money in it, they don't care how they are getting it. Due to that, there sadly will be more games that support Amiibo more than those that will not as much. It's something that will be milked for everything it's worth till there is nothing left that can be done.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
The sad thing is that it's a Corporate Ad Campagin. Nintendo knows that we are eating these Amiibos up, despite it mostly being scalped. As long as there is money in it, they don't care how they are getting it. Due to that, there sadly will be more games that support Amiibo more than those that will not as much. It's something that will be milked for everything it's worth till there is nothing left that can be done.
Very true, very true. Once I got Rosalina and the Squid. I just stopped caring. I am not filling my desk with these toys. Only if they make more Splatoon amiibo and only if there's an Octoling among them I'll buy one more set of them and that'll be it. And you're absolutely right, they keep making them, because they are getting a straight profit off them. I'll takes bucket loads of paid DLC over this. At least I don't have to run to a store to get extra content.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
The situation is so bad, I can't just go into Target and buy a Rosalina. No, I am expected to pay premium for one over the internet due to low stock. These toys are such a headache. And Nintendo is making more and more of them. Why don't they make more new games and less "you need to buy an amiibo you don't have yet to play this game!" games. I love Nintendo and I will stick by them, but I won't be buying much more of these toys. My desk can only fit so much stuff on it.
Agreed. I highly doubt I'll be collecting these much longer. There's still some I want to get, but the more this goes on, the more I'll probably jump the Amiibo bandwagon for real. I really hope they're not making more games like Amiibo Festival in the future. If they are, then I'm not buying anymore products from them.

Sadly, this is true. Like I said before, the Amiibo are the only source of income for Nintendo since their consoles and games don't sell all that well compared to their competition. This is most likely why I'm not bothering with Nintendo much next year.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Sadly, this is true. Like I said before, the Amiibo are the only source of income for Nintendo since their consoles and games don't sell all that well compared to their competition. This is most likely why I'm not bothering with Nintendo much next year.
Actually, that is true. The Wii U didn't sell nearly as well at it predecessor did. The fickleness of gaming innovation in a nutshell. Since Nintendo couldn't get proper sales, their Amiibos are their only way to make a buck without them hurting too much from the poor sales of it's respective console. The shameless mass production of said Amiibos though for games is where they are making a huge mistake. If they focus too much on Amiibo compatible games, the sales on said games will eventually drop. This will be mostly due to scalpers which will buy Amiibos in bulk and then exploit the public of their money.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
So, all they have is Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, which looks really lame and devoid of content and Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is the only thing they got of any good quality of this line up, and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, which just looks like a joke, I'm sorry. Oh, and more amiibo, which is what we all want! *sarcasm*

At least Yoshi's Wooly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Super Mario Maker will help the holiday line up, but you're not selling systems with jokes like Mario Tennis and AC:aF. So Nintendo, where's the DLC for Smash and Splatoon? Give the people who actually paid money for the Wii U something to keep them busy!

Star Fox: Zero getting delayed is like beating a dead horse. The Wii U is already dead, all they're doing is giving people one less reason to buy it. Mr. Miyamoto is directed it though, so at least they're not rushing it out of the door for the holiday season so it won't be potentially garbage.

Last edited:

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
This really reminds me of the time when Nintendo didn't have much for their 2008 Holiday Lineup. I think all they had was Super Mario Sluggers, Animal Crossing: City Folk, and Wii Music IIRC.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Nintendo's holiday lineup for this year is a joke. No way something like Mario Tennis can boost Wii U sales since it's already a dead console at this point. Mario can't save it this time.

This really reminds me of the time when Nintendo didn't have much for their 2008 Holiday Lineup. I think all they had was Super Mario Sluggers, Animal Crossing: City Folk, and Wii Music IIRC.
The comparisons between 2008 & 2015 for Nintendo is exact because they barely offered much when it comes to their game lineup.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Yea, Xenoblade is the only personal hype I got. Not a system seller, but it's a JRPG exclusively for the Wii U, which is always bomb-diggity.

They had better unleash the DLC dogs of war this season.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
besides yoshi's wolly world and xenoblade there isn't anything but there are a ton of retro games that I want so I guess they will be releasing more of those as chirstmas approaches, I do enjoy the amibo nintendo isn't being unfair when it comes to the things they unlock and they are $10 and most of them work across multiple games and if you bought one it was most likely for a game you enjoyed so you could get extra dlc from it plus a cool figure of the character you love and besides people are already paying $10 for four maps on cod so I fail to see the problem there

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I'm convinced that the main menu screen alone of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash tells us immediately that they wanted to just get a holiday title to boost sales.

There is no tournament mode ... like that is the same thing saying there is no grand prix mode for Mario Kart.

Sorry if what I'm posting is filler but there's just nothing to talk about in the end.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm convinced that the main menu screen alone of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash tells us immediately that they wanted to just get a holiday title to boost sales.

There is no tournament mode ... like that is the same thing saying there is no grand prix mode for Mario Kart.

Sorry if what I'm posting is filler but there's just nothing to talk about in the end.
Nah, don't worry about it. There's nothing talk about at all because Nintendo is not delivering any good news right now.

Now, that game looks like a sad joke. No tournament mode? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? On top of the barebones roster, the horrid court selection, the fact that they need to put amiibo functionality in but not a decent single player, are we supposed to laugh at your joke Nintendo? How did Camelot make a game WORSE THAN MARIO TENNIS OPEN!?

So with this and amiibo festival (Doesn't have online!) being complete and total flops, the only thing left is Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U. I am very disappointed for what's coming this holiday season. The only thing that can make this season bearable is DLC for Smash and Splatoon on top of Xenoblade X and that's extremely sad. They have indeed given up on the Wii U and I am appalled by that.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Not many of us are Xenoblade fans. Besides, it's not a system seller. There's no way Nintendo will advertise the hell out of this when it comes out.
Well of course no one game should ever be a system seller and no Xenoblade game will never sell as good as it should, but it doesn't change the fact that the game is great and deserves to be put in the spot like any other nintendo game would be.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Well of course no one game should ever be a system seller and no Xenoblade game will never sell as good as it should, but it doesn't change the fact that the game is great and deserves to be put in the spot like any other nintendo game would be.
Plus it's going to the biggest RPG ever released for the Wii U in the West. Something the system definitely needs as there are only a few RPGs to select from.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Xenoblade X is going to be so cool. I can't wait to play it. But it's just that and Yoshi for me this season. Which bites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom