I'm sick of ________

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Have you just given up?
I do that sometimes if it's pretty one sided. What are you supposed to do when the enemy's entire team pushed you back to spawn and you don't have time to make a comeback? For me, the answer is "get up and take a leak/get a drink" or "check my phone."

Also, if you spawn with only one other teammate, you'll reach a point in the match where you won't be pushing ahead very far.

While on the subject, I do think pushing the other team back to spawn and camping there is pretty ****ish. I get that it's a legit strategy. Having been on the receiving end of it many times though, it is one of the most vein-popping, teeth clenching, butt itching, nut achingest aggravations in the game. I hated Walleye for this reason for a long time. The other team would push us back to spawn, but stay far enough back that you had to come out to meet them. At that point, you'd get wiped out because they'd positioned themselves perfectly to take you out before you could branch out and flank them. It made the game a complete joke an no competition.

I personally avoid doing this unless its RM (where you really have to) because it is the ****tiest thing in the world when it happens to you. I don't blame people for doing it as it's a great winning strategy, but...yeah, giving up is about all you can do on some maps where this happens.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I think twizbuck refers to when a player goes up to the spawn and splat people coming out from there (or try to anyway) when the spawn-camper's team is losing--in other words, when someone spawn-camps when the opposing team has NOT been pushed to the spawn point and is likely somewhere else.

There are two major reasons behind this: Either they think they've pushed the enemy team to the spawn point but actually haven't (this comes up a lot in Camp Triggerfish, and I don't know why, so much so that I've had matches where BOTH teams had spawn-campers simultaneously), or they don't realize the objective is always something other than splatting.

There's also the rarer playstyle, a support-type who deliberately goes to the spawn point ASAP and tries to splat as many enemies trying to escape as possible. The idea is that eventually, their teammates will splat all four enemies and that this player will hold off all four at once so their teammates can ink unhindered. People who think this way are rare, and people who can pull it off are SUPER-rare, but I see such people come out of the woodwork when the stage is Blackbelly Skatepark or Mahi-Mahi Resort due to the short distance and easy travel between spawn points, and on Port Mackerel due to its layout.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
I was a sniper and I shot my trail of ink (missed a target) and I watched them literally swim completely up my ink trail then kill me. When that happens to me a minuscule amount of ink would have kept me glued in. I'm so tired of lag. Nintendo really needs to step it up for the NX. I played Smash for the first time in a long time and wow the lag was so bad.
Also getting sniped behind walls because of lag is the worst. or when you can hear them getting killed but then they activate kraken/bubbler.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Lately I've become sick of having to fight Dynamo Rollers & .96 Gals.

For the former, I find them a problem because they'll get half the map inked in the first 10 seconds of the match and (usually) overpower my teammates. And usually, when I see one and they see me, it's usually to late to formulate an escape. If I flee away from them I'll be caught by the ink globs; if I flee to the sides I almost always have to prepare a path for myself first, so I'll be caught anyway; and fighting them is usually not an option, because my preferred weapons (the Octoshot & .52 Gal) lack the range needed to fight them from a reasonable distance. So a death is the only option unless I can sneak up on the guy before it's too late.

For the latter, it's sort of the same thing, but replace the turf inking with the weapon's sheer power. What's more, the people who use them not only usually have a Defense Up or two, which cripples my dear Octoshot/.52 Gal, but they're also really accurate with the damn thing. So many times I think I've gotten away from them with minimal damage taken, only for a stray shot to pick me off. A crappy .96 Gal user I have yet to find.

I imagine both of these problems would go away if I could just git gud with the Splatterscope...

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
.96 gal deco is so busted man.
  • longest range shooter
  • kills in 2 hits regardless of def ups
  • totally safe behind splash wall, one of the best subs in the game
  • if you get close where the gun itself is weak, it can just kraken panic button and kill you
Maybe if you could make it kill in 3 hits with def up, or make the fire rate slower it would be relatively balanced but it's nigh impossible not to face one in S/S+ since it's just as well rounded if not moreso than a Splattershot.
I can't really think of a way to balance the weapon set past totally redoing it, giving it like, the point sensor and Killer Wail or something, but as it stands I can totally see a team of 3 or 4 .96 decos who win just fine.

SweatyCactus

Inkling
Hello! This thread is for all of you to rant about what you're sick of seeing happen to you during multiplayer.

I'm sick of the absurd amount of E-Litre users, on certain maps I can't even get towards the middle or behind enemy lines. I've found ways to get around them on most maps, but it's incredibly annoying how often I see them in TW.
Callie and Mary. I want them killed.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Callie and Mary. I want them killed.
Woah, dude. woah

OT: Being disconnected in ranked matches. Why?....................

Edit: why can't I stay logged in on mobile?? I tried staying logged in to edit this post, but it keeps logging me out :/

Last edited:

VibraKnife

Inkling
NNID
vibraknife
I'm pretty sick of the whole "new = bad" thing. I'm a Christmas Noob myself, and while it's hilarious to see level 40s on tilt because I'm not as bad as they expect, it's frustrating when that's the assumption.

I know I'm not S rank, but I'm also not new to competitive gaming, and I'm certain that I'm not the only one.

The only thing that'd probably make it worse is if people pretended that the only reason Christmas noobs could be good was if they were Alt accounts.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
sick of one thing and one thing only bad gun composition at the start of a ranked game which spells doomed

SlimeTech

Inkling
NNID
yavinmoon
I'm sick of the cancerous no-skill-weapon meta that the game has developed.

I'm sick of Splatoon's Bull-**** connection issues. I went from S rank to A and I only played 2 full games.

I'm sick of the weapons that actually require skill to play seeing little to no play at all.

Last edited:

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Im sick of:
Too mant damn Japanese people
F*ck you E-litres
****ty team mates, the ones who dont do ****.

ADuck

Inkling
NNID
GunDelSolEX
I'm kinda sick of my general inability to do things that aren't attempted (and usually, disgustingly successful) spawn camping on Turf War and that I have a hard time just accepting my loss as my fault and not someone else's and also that I usually just weigh everybody down on matches where my spawn camping isn't successful and am probably driving away people who want to have fun in general...
...Also, being a new player who joined only like two or three days ago, I'm sick of Piranha Pit... I've had enough damn Piranha Pit, please put me on another map, please not Piranha Pit- nooooooo...

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'm kinda sick of my general inability to do things that aren't attempted (and usually, disgustingly successful) spawn camping on Turf War and that I have a hard time just accepting my loss as my fault and not someone else's and also that I usually just weigh everybody down on matches where my spawn camping isn't successful and am probably driving away people who want to have fun in general...
...Also, being a new player who joined only like two or three days ago, I'm sick of Piranha Pit... I've had enough damn Piranha Pit, please put me on another map, please not Piranha Pit- nooooooo...
I had a Turf Wars match on Walleye Warehouse yesterday where we lost because two of my teammates were spawn-camping but unknowingly let two opponents escape, who proceeded to lay waste to the rest of the stage while I realized the side paths had not even been inked, and by the time I finished with that, those two opponents had already taken the entire middle area and I had 12 seconds to try to take it back but they had Carbon Rollers while I had a Blaster. Was that you?

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm sick of overestimating my teammates. I always expect too much of them, and as a result, I constantly over-extend myself. As much as I want to blame my teammates, to chew them up for their short-comings, I recognize that I'm also at fault. Splatoon is a team game, and the results are determined by how well you work with your squad.

That being said, I still feel bitter when a match doesn't go our way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom