• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Imagine a Free for all mode

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
I think it's an interesting idea, since it won't be team based it wouldn't require a certain number of players which means anyone can connect and disconnect at their will without breaking the game. It would be like a recess where anyone can come and go regardless of the number of player or if the match already started or not.
It would give the player the opportunity to learn the maps and get accustomed to their weapons without taking the risk of losing a turf war or a ranked battle.
Basically it could work as some sort of training/field practice mode.

Not sure the hardware can handle it though.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
It would give the player the opportunity to learn the maps and get accustomed to their weapons without taking the risk of losing a turf war or a ranked battle.
Basically it could work as some sort of training/field practice mode.

Not sure the hardware can handle it though.
There is no risk in losing a game of Turf Wars and if you want to learn the map use the Recon feature.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
If ink doesn't stay on the ground then what is the point of even playing. Swimming in ink is the core mechanic of the game, you can't just take it away.
That would literally just be a normal third-person shooter then. I don't think that's what anybody here would want for Splatoon.
Just throwing ideas out there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it would take away what makes Splatoon unique...but eh, I don't see why everything in the game has to be 100% unique. The game has already established it's main mechanic with Turf War being the first gamemode. It's different and it's fun, but I'd also like to see some traditional gamemodes in the game. Unique and traditional stuff can coexist.

I'll concede though, just ripping out the ink swimming mechanic without any regard to gameplay isn't ideal. I'm sure there's probably a better way to incorporate a deathmatch mode in the game while retaining the main mechanic.

superhiero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
eRonin
Just throwing ideas out there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it would take away what makes Splatoon unique...but eh, I don't see why everything in the game has to be 100% unique. The game has already established it's main mechanic with Turf War being the first gamemode. It's different and it's fun, but I'd also like to see some traditional gamemodes in the game. Unique and traditional stuff can coexist.

I'll concede though, just ripping out the ink swimming mechanic without any regard to gameplay isn't ideal. I'm sure there's probably a better way to incorporate a deathmatch mode in the game while retaining the main mechanic.
It's all good. Although if I were to make a free-for-all mode, what I would rip out from the game instead of the ink would be splatting other squids! Right now, getting splatted is a minor detriment because you've got 3 other team-mates who can pick up the slack while you're temporarily out of the fight. However, if you were to get splatted in a FFA, then your ink output would drop all the way to zero. Removing splatting but keeping the enemy ink = slow mechanic might be a better idea. Just throwing ideas out as well =)

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
However, if you were to get splatted in a FFA, then your ink output would drop all the way to zero.
That's the same for everyone, though, so it's still fair. Just don't get splatted ;) However, the problem with this is that the last 30 seconds become even more deciding than they are in current Turf War already.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I am definitely interested in a 2v2v2v2! I don't know why but when I think of it like this, I think of Tom Clancly SplinterCell, having 2 man teams sneak in for a silent kill or knock-out. I feel like this mode would have to be a bit more stealthy and cautious, as opposed to an all out brawl. Have four bases that each pair protects, and sneak in to destroy it, and continue from there.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I am definitely interested in a 2v2v2v2! I don't know why but when I think of it like this, I think of Tom Clancly SplinterCell, having 2 man teams sneak in for a silent kill or knock-out. I feel like this mode would have to be a bit more stealthy and cautious, as opposed to an all out brawl. Have four bases that each pair protects, and sneak in to destroy it, and continue from there.
I think the maps would have to be bigger for stealth to be a viable option

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom