• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Indie Games Social Thread

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
Considering I'm an indie dev myself, I'm kinda surprised I didn't think about this earlier. This thread is for any particular indie game talk; stuff yet to be released, stuff already released, stuff you WISH would get made, etc. Just so long as it's an indie game (not developed by a major third party publisher).

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Does anyone have an opinion on what happened between TotalBiscuit and Titan Souls?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Looking forward to Axiom Verge coming out on other platforms. My preference would be for it to be available on GOG.com, since I prefer DRM-free PC games and avoid Steam for that reason. If not, then I may have to settle for the eventual PS3 release.

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
Nefarious looks good so far. Platformers as a genre are too easily dismissed as archaic or unoriginal. I usually look for platformers before anything else. Nothing beats good sidescrolling platforming gameplay. The main issue with 3D platforming is of course the camera, but 3D platformers are nothing to laugh at, either.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Fez is one of my favorite games of all time. It is so unfair how underrated it is because of the s**t Phil Fish gets. Fez is its own world, if you don't like Fish that doesn't mean you won't like Fez.

The world in that game is so beautiful and huge. It's one of the most relaxing games I've played. There's no pressure, no punishment for failing. You just relax and explore the world. I can get lost in the game's world and just chill for hours too. The soundtrack is blissful ambiance. It's such a great experience.

Super Meat Boy is another indie game I love, one of my favorite platformers! The controls are so tight and the levels are so well designed it really is a modern day classic.

BedBison

Inkster Jr.
I don't play too many runners because i spend money impulsively so I try not to buy very many digital games, But there's some fun one from what I've played. Shovel Knight was my second favorite game last year and Bit.Trip.Saga had some fun games in it. I also really like Mutant Mudds but I could never beat the last levels.

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
Fez is one of my favorite games of all time. It is so unfair how underrated it is because of the s**t Phil Fish gets. Fez is its own world, if you don't like Fish that doesn't mean you won't like Fez.

The world in that game is so beautiful and huge. It's one of the most relaxing games I've played. There's no pressure, no punishment for failing. You just relax and explore the world. I can get lost in the game's world and just chill for hours too. The soundtrack is blissful ambiance. It's such a great experience.

Super Meat Boy is another indie game I love, one of my favorite platformers! The controls are so tight and the levels are so well designed it really is a modern day classic.
I'd love to try Fez. It looks good, and it's on GOG.com. Do you know if the PC port works well? Opinions on the port seem mixed to positive, but I just want to check before spending a Hamilton on it.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I'd love to try Fez. It looks good, and it's on GOG.com. Do you know if the PC port works well? Opinions on the port seem mixed to positive, but I just want to check before spending a Hamilton on it.
Unfourtunately I don't. I played the 360 version since it was a timed exclusive when it launched. Haven't heard much about the PC port.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I tried Fez. Didn't get into it. Ditto Super Meat Boy. I'm weird. I'm not hipster on purpose, I swear. Just...Eh. Shovel Knight was another one. Played it, was like...'Yeah I played stuff like this when I was like 10, yup.'

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I'm a big sucker for retro throwback games like Shovel Knight. I'm taking a break from that game at the moment but I loved what I played. 2D sidescrollers might be my favorite genre, it's a tossup with 3D platformers.

A lot of those indie throwback games aren't much more than 8-bit or 16-bit Mario reskins with a lazy gimmick tossed in, but Shovel Knight is one of those gems that gets every detail right and doesn't feel half-***** or pandering, it feels carefully crafted to evoke a certain era of gaming and succeeds beautifully. I'm a fan of Fez as well, although I haven't played as much of it.

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
If you guys like Smash, you should definitely check out Lethal League. It's a projectile based fighting game where you are only able to hit your opponents with a single ball that changes color based on who hit it last. It can become chaotic as the ball gets faster with each hit, but it's so much fun to watch what happens. The game is pretty simple to pick up, but there are nuances that add to the amount of depth, such as angles and specials.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Have you guys heard of Cuphead.

Most anticipated indie game for me of this year.

I really enjoyed watching the old cartoons when I was a child. It really resonated with me.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
Huh. A Hat In Time recently posted a notice about console porting. Essentially, they're not happening and probably won't for a while since Unreal Engine 3 is old and unsupported. Did not know it was just one guy doing all the programming.

But yeah. No consoles whatsoever until maybe some vague point in the future. Somewhat annoyed.

NNID
TheDeadConspiray
Huh. A Hat In Time recently posted a notice about console porting. Essentially, they're not happening and probably won't for a while since Unreal Engine 3 is old and unsupported. Did not know it was just one guy doing all the programming.

But yeah. No consoles whatsoever until maybe some vague point in the future. Somewhat annoyed.
Really? That sucks, I was looking forward to playing it on Wii U. Can't wait for the release either way.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I really want to play Shantae: Half-Genie Hero ever since it was first announced. But there seems to be no update yet on the release date, which sucks.
I must know when!

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
Haven't played a Shantae game, but the first time I heard about the series was on an episode of Nintendo Week about 5 years ago when Gary talked about the one for DSiWare. I thought it looked somewhat interesting then, but now that I've gained a bigger appreciation for Capcom platformers (I recently got The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse and DuckTales), I may have to actually try a Shantae game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom