• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleSoundDJ

Full Squid
NNID
littlesounddj
I was expecting the tournament to start as soon as SrbDude got back from his vacation, but it seems like it'll be a while before that happens. I hope future tournaments won't let this kind of stuff happen. It takes too long.
i think it's pretty obvious that the 48 hours thing didn't work. This tournament taught the community about what NOT to do. The next IoS shouldn't have this problem.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
Was the Ink or Sink: Miss fire joke used yet?
I thought it was a great tournament, clearly something we as a community were able to learn from and build off of. Yes we now know some things clearly don't work like the 48 hour rule but that's why this was a testfire, not a true tournament. Now only if imperious 2 and squid squad clubs would actually play each other...

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I thought it was a great tournament, clearly something we as a community were able to learn from and build off of. Yes we now know some things clearly don't work like the 48 hour rule but that's why this was a testfire, not a true tournament. Now only if imperious 2 and squid squad clubs would actually play each other...
MK had issues like this. Teams would stall in order to get their best lineups for matches. Why TOs let this run on instead of just DQing and moving on I don't know. I mean, this tournament was meant as a test and to get an idea of the competitive meta and where teams stand in strength, as well as testing turf (lol). If the staff was planning on hosting the first -official- Ink or Sink after this finished, these 2 matches are basically holding up every other team that wishes to participate. It's annoying tbh.

If staff prefers having 1 match a week that's fine with me, cause it can be difficult trying to run large online tournaments with 5+ rounds in 1-2 day period.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
MK had issues like this. Teams would stall in order to get their best lineups for matches. Why TOs let this run on instead of just DQing and moving on I don't know. I mean, this tournament was meant as a test and to get an idea of the competitive meta and where teams stand in strength, as well as testing turf (lol). If the staff was planning on hosting the first -official- Ink or Sink after this finished, these 2 matches are basically holding up every other team that wishes to participate. It's annoying tbh.

If staff prefers having 1 match a week that's fine with me, cause it can be difficult trying to run large online tournaments with 5+ rounds in 1-2 day period.
I'm not the TO. If I was then this tourney would've ended when the schedule said so. Not two weeks later or whatever.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I'm not the TO. If I was then this tourney would've ended when the schedule said so. Not two weeks later or whatever.
Well, what are they going to do right now, DQ both teams since they can't get a match in and finish the tourney? They might as well let them play the darn match.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
Well, what are they going to do right now, DQ both teams since they can't get a match in and finish the tourney? They might as well let them play the darn match.
No that's not what I meant, but I'd have the tournament ended days ago. Now I would probably tell clubs and imperious they have two days and if not then spades is the winner.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis

It's not our fault DUDE went on a week vacation m8. If they tourney had actually run closer to on time in the first place, we wouldn't have had this problem.

LittleSoundDJ

Full Squid
NNID
littlesounddj
the day the tournament went over the scheduled time was the last day the TOs could DQ a team for not being available. Once it became past the initial time commitment, there's no fair way for them to enforce anything. Being lenient early on meant that they couldn't do anything later. I had to leave for a work trip right after the initial commitment, and didn't get back until today. If we had been DQ'd because I was gone for work that was originally not supposed to conflict at all, that would have been insanely unfair. Same goes for DUDE and his vacation. I get the frustration though. There's other tournaments people can enter though, you don't have to wait for the next Ink or Sink.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Wait, so have the finals finished yet? I really wanted to see them.
No. I'm going to hope they happen soon. I'm sure it will be everywhere when it does happen. Your best bet is the IoS official twitter, which could probably be found somewhere in the 30 pages of this thread.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
If I had to guess, Details would be announced a week or so after this one. If there's going to be another one.

Power

Inkling Commander
Don't hold your breath on this one. The completion of it is essentially on the 3 teams left in the tourney. If we were to execute any TO authority, then all of this wait would have been worthless. Complications have arisen for both SS-C and IM2, so who knows. And as of now, I don't believe we are working on any future projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom